Former WestJet pilot sues over bomb threat allegations

Lakelad

2 hours ago, seeker said:

I know a "guy" who had a regular driver's license with a Learners Permit for motorcycles.  When he moved to a different province he found that his new license showed both class 5 and class M - he didn't mention anything about it!

I knew a guy who emigrated from another country to Canada, and brought with him is Auto Mechanic licence. Somehow, this became a AME licence when he was employed at a major airline here. He had no training in aircraft maintenance. He worked for many years at the airline, and retired years ago.  The guy was a pretty good mechanic.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As is the way of legal things, resolution of matters have taken time. In the matter of KK v. WJ, here are some updates:

Jan 11, 2017: Application

Feb 15, 2017:Consent Order

Feb 15, 2017:Motion to Adjourn (generally)

Mar 1, 2017: Notice of Withdrawal of Lawyer

The Withdrawal Notice is only available via mail or fax, but here is a link to BC's Court Services Online that will bring up the a search page. Enter the Captcha image then select Documents on the next page. I seriously doubt that WJ's lawyer has withdrawn from the case. You can make your own assumptions on why that might happen.

Lawyers withdraw for a lot of reasons, conflicts of interest, not getting paid, individuals coming and going from firms. My employer is involved in a lawsuit and the enemy is on their third or fourth lawyer because their firm keeps laying off lawyers.

Archived