What you do when you can't fix airplanes anymore...

Mitch.....I have a full set of police and fire sirens/horns on my boat plus a couple of air-horns and if that video is of your "toy", let me know where you got the horns.....would like a set like that for my "Little " run-about !!!

PM me  please

Mitch...I'm not sure if you live in a rural area or small town. If you do, they probably have a Volunteer Fire Hall (aproximately 70% of North America is Volunteer). Check it out, I'll bet they would love to have another Engineer. You would probably have to go thru basic training, but working on Fire Engines is EXTREMELY rewarding.

Thanks Firefox. This place (Claremont, ON) used to have a Volunteer Fire Dept., ...but then someone in the southern section of our greater municipality shuffled some papers and we ended up getting a full-time fire dept.... oddly, they opted to get rid of the volunteer's water truck and when the general store caught fire, we all had to watch it burn for lack of water!.... anyway... sorry, that's a rabbit trail of a different sort altogether!

Anyway... I assure you, if I could work on fire trucks I'd still be working on airplanes! :)

Kip, no need for PM's ...eBay is where I got 'em about 5 years ago.... I was looking for an old 6 volt 'aahhOOhhgahh' style horn and came across these from a Mac truck.... got 'em for $35 plus shipping... All I got was a little air bottle and the two horns. Both worked fine after I made new gaskets for them, and I somehow managed to find all the fittings I needed in my toolbox. Toro then began to take shape. ;) 

^_^... call it involuntary retirement? ...nah... it is what it is... I guess I don't have the right circuits in my noggin to be able to overcome some bad dna?

Please allow me to suffice it to say, I know more about some mental health issues than I'd ever wish on anyone. [that shouldn't be so bloody hard to admit! - but it feels almost like I just exposed myself as a Leper...]

Mitch....

I know you can remember by "retirement - breakfast"..I always looked at you as a very conscientious AME and was proud to know you and extremely happy you showed up for my last time walking down the jetway in uniform. You and our mutual female  FA friend were always straight shooters and, as you know, I hated pomp and ceremony so sneaking away from the airport after a very quiet arrival during my last flight and going out with you two is a memory etched in my mental file cabinet .

Still have photos of you and her next to your truck. Don't be a stranger on AEF.;)

You know my arcane sense of humour so I'm sure you will be smiling during this video...:lol::lol:

All the very best in all your future endeavours... Kip

11 hours ago, Mitch Cronin said:

^_^... call it involuntary retirement? ...nah... it is what it is... I guess I don't have the right circuits in my noggin to be able to overcome some bad dna?

Please allow me to suffice it to say, I know more about some mental health issues than I'd ever wish on anyone. [that shouldn't be so bloody hard to admit! - but it feels almost like I just exposed myself as a Leper...]

Def. not a leper, just another human being who is overcoming / addressing personal issues.  Keep posting.

Mitch: You'll never be retired amongst our group. Your level of common sense and ideas of right & wrong are fundamental to this Forum, a member of which you've been for over 20 years.

Blue Side Up, Buddy! Keep those cards & letters coming in!

Mitch, Sorry to hear your life has taken an unexpected turn.  I have always enjoyed your posts on here and you have earned my respect over the years.  That will not change.  I have not always agreed with everything you have said, but you usually bring a refreshing perspective to things.

Keep enjoying what you can do and please keep up your presence on the forum.

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

Archived