My Rant Regarding our most recent Immigrants

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come now, this has been said of every immigrant group to Canada since the early 19th century. The Irish came, they were despised by the majority. They were dirt poor, often sick, settled in slums like

Daily there are disturbing new articles concerning our latest immigrants. Some people have taken it upon themselves to protest the arrival of our newest (future citizens) with personal verbal attacks,

ModerateChop: I am not for unlimited immigration with no rules but once we have granted entry then it is up to us to treat them as well as we would like to be treated ourselves.

Posted Images

It is not possible for Canada (or any country for that matter) to absorb these massive numbers of immigrants without some amount of chaos.......the question then becomes to what level does that chaos attain.

54 minutes ago, Dropzone said:

It is not possible for Canada (or any country for that matter) to absorb these massive numbers of immigrants without some amount of chaos.......the question then becomes to what level does that chaos attain.

25,000 is hardly a massive amount. 

^It is when they come from a completely different culture than us, and choose to maintain that culture. Tru'doh v1.0 introduced multiculturalism and v2.0 seems intent on reinforcing that model. It's OK when you live at 24 Sussex Dr. or some other bastion of wealthy white Christian folks, but if you don't it is not quite as pleasant. When you are forced out of your accommodations to make room for these immigrants you have a slightly different impression of them. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DEFCON said:
Malcolm

Are the behavioural issues you’re speaking to the ‘fault’ of the people, or the ‘product’ of a Government’s pursuit of a self serving, disingenuous agenda?

Defcon: People are solely at fault and to blame for their intolerance in this regard and must be held accountable for their actions.  Blaming the Government is a copout just like blaming a God, Drugs, race,etc. for any harmfull act committed by an individual. 

• Like 3

Lowell Green presents a powerful persuasive, well-documented and incredibly well researched argument for a substantial reduction in Canada's yearly intake of immigrants and refugees, and an immediate halt to multiculturalism. . .His claim that many of the cultures we are importing are repositories of ignorance, superstition, repression, cruelty and injustice, especially towards women, will infuriate many a bleeding heart. .

http://www.amazon.ca/Mayday-Lowell-Green-Immigration-Multiculturalism/dp/B00EDR0LKU

10 hours ago, ModerateChop said:

Lowell Green presents a powerful persuasive, well-documented and incredibly well researched argument for a substantial reduction in Canada's yearly intake of immigrants and refugees, and an immediate halt to multiculturalism. . .His claim that many of the cultures we are importing are repositories of ignorance, superstition, repression, cruelty and injustice, especially towards women, will infuriate many a bleeding heart. .

http://www.amazon.ca/Mayday-Lowell-Green-Immigration-Multiculturalism/dp/B00EDR0LKU

They also bring new culture and food.  Experience tells us that their kids will be among the hardest working and the brightest students of that generation.  

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Daily there are disturbing new articles concerning our latest immigrants. Some people have taken it upon themselves to protest the arrival of our newest (future citizens) with personal verbal attacks, harassment, racist hate filled graffiti etc.  This must stop. It isn't the immigrants fault that they were brought to Canada, we (through our Government) invited them and it is our duty as Canadians to treat them no differently than we do our other longer term residents and citizens.  If you see the harassment happening, report it or at the very least speak out against it.

This is very unfortunate, and of course you are right opposition to a political party should not overrule our behavior as humans to simply treat others with the respect and dignity we want to be treated. Could you share some general examples without being very specific?

1 hour ago, MD2 said:
1 hour ago, MD2 said:

This is very unfortunate, and of course you are right opposition to a political party should not overrule our behavior as humans to simply treat others with the respect and dignity we want to be treated. Could you share some general examples without being very specific?

You do not have to look very far:

Canadians divided on resettlement of Syrian refugees: poll

The Globe and Mail-Feb 19, 2016
Canadians remain divided about the resettlement of Syrian refugees, ... the immediate goal of 25,000, and Immigration Minister John McCallum said in ... week in which graffiti was sprayed on a school in the western Canadian city of ... by a cyclist in Vancouver, an attack Trudeau also condemned on Twitter.
(57 more articles)
Surrey Now-Feb 4, 2016
... now 20, had immigrated to Canada just one year before the attack. ... a Traffic Safety program, graffiti removal, youth programs and more.Muslim women accosted on TTC, racist graffiti scrawled on GO train
CBC.ca-Nov 19, 2015
Refugees should not be made scapegoats for Paris attacks, Ontario groups say ... of Canadian Muslims, has documented 42 cases against Arabs and Muslims ... director of the Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants.

Pepper-spray attack on refugees treated as 'hate-motivated crime ...

CTV News-Jan 10, 2016
Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship John McCallum ... Unfortunately, attacks on Canadian Muslims are “not something new to ...
  • Like 1

That's sad and should be stopped by naming and shaming it; speaking against it publicly. Radicalism will engender more radicalism. 

What most people often do in most places is to treat others the way they (or someone they perceive close to them) have been treated by others; as opposed to treating others the way they want to be treated themselves! There is a fundamental difference and makes the difference between achieving peace or perpetual warfare and animosity.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MD2 said:

of course you are right opposition to a political party should not overrule our behavior as humans 

Wise words indeed.

I’m not a liberal and pretty much disagree with most of their platform. That said, I think they’ve done a pretty good job of doing what they said they would… the platform you (we) voted for.  On those occasions where they were overcome by circumstances, they adapted and effectively communicated the changes to anyone who choose to pay attention. People who don’t like what they see need to “suck it up” and move on… I have no sympathy at all. Next time vote. 

If you are assaulting refugees on the streets I’m all for building those new (Conservative) jails, locking your little pink butt up and calling it infrastructure renewal.

• Like 1

Two comments.......first and foremost I submit that the standard of behaviour expected of "Canadians" is unreasonable to the extent that it reflects not the norm but rather the "privileged"and educated (to some extent) middle class. The expectation of the "common man" is that an immigrant---any immigrant-- -should adopt the behaviour and standards of his/her new home. When that immigrant is seen to refuse to do so it is like a slap in the face of the host. Personally, I am fed-up with what is most easily characterized as the viewpoint of the "liberal intelligentsia"....the "multicultural" perspective.

There was recently a show on tv about the 1936 Olympics. One of those interviewed was a young person of German heritage. Both of his parents emigrated from Germany and both were German speaking. He said that his parents were adamant that only English was spoken by the children; "You are American". And he was accepted as such as a member of the US olympic team. Not German; not German-American. Simply American.

And....in 1982, I went to Miami on vacation by myself to Doral to play golf and was paired with a very nice fellow from Cuba. He spoke with barely an accent and in the course of discussion, told me how much he resented those Cuban emigres who insisted in living in Cuban enclaves resisting "Americanization". He told me that he LEFT  Cuba to become an American.

And I believe fervently that we should welcome all with open arms who come to Canada not to be or remain Syrians, or Greeks or Scots....but to be Canadian who embrace the Canadian flag...wrap themselves in that flag ...and proudly proclaim; " I am a Canadian!!" And do so in English or French.

• Like 4

MtL; 

I'm repulsed by atrocities committed in the name of religion, aren't you?  Do you know what Sharia law is?  Do you think this should be part of the new Canadian culture?  I won't post links because I don't want to be accused of steering the discussion but strongly suggest you do some research on this topic. On a personal level I contribute to international aid agencies and support our government in doing the same - just not sure accepting refugees is the best way of helping.

Islam is more than just a religion. It’s an ideology, it’s a political movement and sharia law is part of that package; no question about it. 

Canadian’s and their government have walked into the fray (I think) with their eyes open and have decided on a course of action with moderate and reasonable numbers. In fairness, if any country can get it right I suspect Canada can do it although I remain concerned that no one seems to be looking at where the demographics may be taking us in 50-75 years. I suspect German politicians are starting to think about that now and I can almost hear them saying… oops. There will be lessons to be learned from the European experience and we would be wise to be attentive.

• Like 1
I think you've overlooked a small point Dagger, a religious dogma that demands intolerance of others.

Although cultures can and will clash, virtually all have demonstrated the ability to generally fit in with the western model and get along with their neighbours. Any Canadian failures that have arisen are I think a consequence of the host Country’s failure to involve itself directly in the assimilation process.

Regardless of any national effort to become involved, cultural assimilation with Islam would seem to be demonstrably impossible. History exposes an inescapable fact, Islamic emigration / immigration has never worked out well for the hosting Country no matter the locale, or the time in history. The meek fail to see reality for what it is and seem to purposely seek to ignore history’s lessons as they go about pursuing their ambitions without any apparent regard for their own peril, let alone those they see as phobic etc.! 

It’s a consistent story after the Muslims arrive, the cult, or culture, whatever you like, isolates itself from the infidels, the burka’s a good example of the policy in practice, mosques are built and in short order the Muslim movement begins to make their never ending demands perfectly clear to the host. At least they’re honest & graceful enough to let us in on their intentions well in advance; Allah demands the head of every Jew and every form of infidel in the land however, menstruating women & girls can catch a break at least so long as they choose the correct option, one I’m pretty sure you’re familiar with.

Years of liberalistic policies & law has led to the creation of an unhealthy civil / social environment in which the ideals of the FAR left have morphed into institutionalized  expectations of their largely white Countrymen; the Right is expected to remain oblivious, apologetic and leave the Lefties free to continue with their misguided attempt to craft the impossible, a perfectly politically correct multicultural world. I can’t predict anything with perfect certainty, but I’m pretty sure the world is on the brink of rediscovering the reasons so much in the way of blood, sweat and tears has gone into the creation and maintenance of borders over the millennia. 

Although I can respect Malcolm’s opinion, I remain of the belief our Government is acting without the blessing of anything close to a majority and because of the serious ramifications of their policy, the wrath of the less civilized amongst us is starting to show itself. As the news from Europe grows worse, I think it’s safe to expect the majority, even those who voted Liberal, to join the protest at some level and send a message to Government from the people that says, ‘enough is enough, reverse direction’.

The people that built the great societies of the west, not including the Chrystia Freeland types, will soon come to appreciate the serious error of their political ‘masters’ ways and seek, no, it’ll be demand, a say in the future of their Country. The days of waiting patiently to exercise a simple vote once every four, or five years just isn’t going to cut it anymore.

Edited by DEFCON
3 hours ago, seeker said:

MtL; 

I'm repulsed by atrocities committed in the name of religion, aren't you?  Do you know what Sharia law is?  Do you think this should be part of the new Canadian culture?  I won't post links because I don't want to be accused of steering the discussion but strongly suggest you do some research on this topic. On a personal level I contribute to international aid agencies and support our government in doing the same - just not sure accepting refugees is the best way of helping.

Are you as repulsed by Christians forcing their briefs on people?

3 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Are you as repulsed by Christians forcing their briefs on people?

I said I was repulsed by atrocities - doing a little door knocking or handing out pamphlets on the corner doesn't really count as an atrocity. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Rookie said:

So Christians don't and haven't committed atrocities?

Of course they have, but we aren't talking about Christians immigrating are we?  My first post said I was repulsed by atrocities committed in the name of religion.  I did not single out any particular religion.

Edited by seeker
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Rookie said:

So Christians don't and haven't committed atrocities?

Yes they sure have, but in the intervening 700 years or so they stopped doing it as they became civilised, something the radical muslims haven't yet done, nor show any inclination to do so.

• Like 1