really smooth.

Any other comments?

Northern Harvest RYE

This whiskey was named #1 in the world over scotch

and all others. I finally got my hands on some and

just tried it. I drink it with water only and find it was

really smooth.

Any other comments?

Hard to get a bottle in Ontario once news of this got out.

A buddy once owned a restaurant and one night we wanted to try some really good after dinner shots of liqueur such as Jaegermiester.

Instead he brought us Crown Royal neat in little little liqueur glasses and we tasted it without him telling us what it was. We all wanted the name so that we could go out and buy a bottle for ourselves. Then he told us the truth.

I got some the other day. It's not easy to find. Check the LCBO web site. You can call a store & they may hold it for you for a short while.

You can also get it off Kijiji but pay a premium.

I went to the liquor store in Halifax before Christmas at the height of all the excitement about the northern harvest rye. They had an entire pallet out on the floor -didn't even bother putting it up on the shelves. I noticed that this had all been redirected from the States. There was no French on the box plus it showed as an imported from Canada liquor. I'm not a real rye fan but it was really good. Good for Gimli.

I have always had a strong preference for fine rye whiskies, the class that are served neat, straight up, or even with a single cube of ice, but never, ever for the swill that must be combined with mixes.

I largely don’t drink at all anymore, but a glass of very dry red wine can on occasion make the meal, a cold beer with a burger is too good to pass up from time-to-time and best of all, a double whiskey neat when you come across a very rare blend.

I was visiting with a friend very recently who had a bottle of Crown Royal’s Northern Harvest Rye. I thought it was as good as its First Place standing suggests.

My local LCBO placed it’s 4 case allotment on the shelf late Tuesday. I was there on Wednesday at noontime. I was immediately tempted to purchase the six bottles remaining, but got tangled in pangs of guilt for wanting to hoard and only ended up taking two.

IMHO, this product provides tremendous value considering its very reasonable price of $32 per 750 ml bottle, the quality of the beverage and its now well known status.

Archived