Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Climate Change?

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

If that's the best you could find, the 'verdict' in the article contradicts your position...

Verdict

Mr Newman’s implication that discrepancies resulting from the recent climate fluctuation somehow invalidates climate models is incorrect.

Climate models have been thoroughly and critically tested against observations and are able to simulate with fair accuracy the component of climate change caused by human emissions of greenhouse gases and aerosols as well as natural factors like solar variations and volcanic eruptions.

However, long-term climate simulations do not and likely never will reproduce the timing of shorter-term random fluctuations, like the recent slowdown in surface temperatures. In the long run, this fluctuation, like many before, will just be noise on a gradually increasing temperature signal.

That the discrepancy is a “well-kept secret” is demonstrably false given the large number of scientific papers discussing and trying to explain exactly this issue.

Interesting, I will likely not be around to see what happens 20 years from now but I wish the rest of you well. If I believed I would be around, I would be actively purchasing stock in ventures that will ensure those still around can keep warm and continue to grow the crops necessary to sustain our ever increasing population.  But what the heck, how could I spend the $$$$$$$ at my rather advanced age.  😀

8 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

Cool, now post one with a picture of the Prophet Muhammad.... 

You're a brave man (assumed) Wolfhunter.  As-Salamu Alaikum

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moon The Loon said:

You're a brave man (assumed) Wolfhunter.  As-Salamu Alaikum

People who ridicule Christianity with impunity rarely project the same sentiment elsewhere. In fact, they become apoplectic at the very thought of it….. a curious double standard and largely the domain of Liberals and Democrats.  Alaikum as-salam

some of us just ridicule all religion and don't choose sides in the fight.

8 hours ago, boestar said:

some of us just ridicule all religion and don't choose sides in the fight.

Good, then I look forward to similar memes with a similar flavour, resplendent with pictures of the Prophet. Long before Roy Jones JR wrote the rap song (with horrid lyrics IMO), my grandfather use to say, "go hard or go home"... let er rip.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Bitter cold February unusual for Calgary

‎Today, ‎February ‎16, ‎2019, ‏‎10 minutes ago

CALGARY (660 NEWS) — Calgary weather through the month of February has been bone chilling, with temperatures well below -29 C.

“If you look at the month right now, you have to go back to 1936 to find a month that was actually colder than February,” said David Phillips, climatologist with Environment Canada. “The normal temperature for this time of the year in Calgary should be a high in the afternoon of zero and a low of -12 C.”

But Phillips says pick your poison.

“The misery that other people are having, freezing rain and ice pellets, and snow and blowing snow. Or is it just the cold? Well I can warm up to cold, I can put layers on and face the cold but having to shovel, plow it or chip it away is not that nice.”

Spring is almost a month away and Phillips says March might be cold, but not as bad as February.

“When we crunch the numbers for this winter, I think what we’re going to see in Calgary is that it was actually a tad warmer than normal, depends how March goes.”

Calgarians were spoiled in December and January with temperatures four degrees above average.