Sign in to follow this  
Mitch Cronin

Is This Your Canada?

The manpower and associated costs to monitor (only) these 60 creatures would very likely shock the average Canadian. This is going to get very expensive and simply cannot be undone at this stage. It’s not like a policy change where you go oooops, too expensive, we changed our mind. Voters have no cause for complaint about the bill, so no whimpering.  I don’t blame the government for this.

http://torontosun.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-the-isis-terrorists-in-our-midst

Edited by Wolfhunter

Corrections Canada gives inmates “free” needles to inject their “smuggled” drugs

“‘Done under the auspices of harm reduction, Correctional Service Canada says the lack of clean needles in jail is putting inmates at risk of blood borne illnesses like HIV and Hepatitis when they use their illegal smuggled drugs.

What's next? Giving the prisoners knives so they don’t have to turn their toothbrushes into shivs as part of a commitment to inmate dental health? Why not give them wine too, so they don’t have to percolate pruno in their toilets? “

“‘Instead of spending money to help inmates avoid the rehabilitation part of prison – the part the Left tells us is so important - wouldn’t it be more compassionate to ensure prisons are safe for everyone?

And that means getting dangerous drugs out of our prisons altogether.” 

https://www.therebel.media/corrections_canada_gives_inmates_free_needles_to_inject_their_smuggled_drugs

• Like 1

And then they wonder why society thinks they are nothing but a bad joke  ( which they are)

🤣 🤣 :075: :head: 

Transgender woman files human rights complaint against Windsor spa

The owner of a local waxing spa is mounting a public campaign to clear the name of his business after he was served a human rights complaint for denying service to a transgender woman.

Jason Carruthers, the president of Mad Wax on Walker Road, said he was surprised at the legal move since he had explained to the complainant that the spa did not offer Brazilian wax services on male body parts.

“I have no male wax staff,” Carruthers said Friday. “We are not able to provide that service.”

A local transgender woman claims she ( she ????? ) was denied services based on her ( her ????? ) gender identity and gender expression and is seeking $50,000 for “immense harm to my dignity.”

The complainant, who has asked to remain anonymous, said she called the spa March 17, 2018, to inquire about services for a transgender woman. ( woman ???? )

http://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/transgender-woman-files-human-rights-complaint-against-windsor-spa

Edited by Jaydee

This is interesting.  From the article:

Following a conversation with an employee, she asked to speak with the owner. Carruthers said he called her back and explained that the female employee working that day was a practising Muslim who refrains from physical contact with males outside of her family.

He further explained the only staff member he had who did male waxing was off on a sick leave and there was no one else.

Carruthers said he decided to go public with the issue because of a derogatory video about his business that was posted online and threats from the complainant to create “a media circus.”

He said his business has no policy against serving transgender clients.

“I once again reiterate and state my position and the position of Mad Wax Windsor Inc. that all clients, regardless of sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, are welcome,” he said in a statement. “However, we also welcome and support all of our staff members and respect their religious beliefs and feelings of safety and dignity in regards to the right to perform waxing services on males or male genitals.”

So the issue is not that the salon didn't want to provide the service it's that the Muslim employee didn't want to provide the service (not that I blame her since I wouldn't want to provide that service either!).  I wonder does the religious rights of the employee trump the equality rights of the customer?  Maybe the salon should fire the Muslim and hire someone who's willing to do whatever "job" walks through the door.

That the woman was Muslim is immaterial, she could have been of any race or religion and had the same aversion to waxing a male in that area of his body. 

8 hours ago, Malcolm said:

That the woman was Muslim is immaterial, she could have been of any race or religion and had the same aversion to waxing a male in that area of his body. 

I would contend that there is a difference (and a large one) and that difference lies in an employers duty, under law, to accommodate religious requirements, simple "aversion" is an insufficient threshold. The coolest thing about all of this stuff is that you can't have it both ways, and therein lies the trap for the unwary; transgender males are cleaning up in track / field and wrestling BTW so why bother even watching?... too cool, I love this stuff. And the question, as always, is what did you think was going to happen? Does no one play chess anymore? Or even ask "what comes next?"

A while back, we had an extended thread on transgender washrooms and change rooms. Those in favour of the idea failed to consider that their mother would now have to shower between two bearded lady-boys at the gym. Since you simply can’t intimidate me, it is of no personal consequence… my concern was always for your mother; you failed to see the reason I had misgivings and chalked it up to a hate crime. It appears that many liberals no longer want what they said they wanted. I say too damn bad, Mom can shower at home now... BTW, where are those defenders now that this is actually an issue? Squawk IDENT... better yet, learn the game of chess. If chess was mandatory, a lot of stupid would be gonzo.

Edited by Wolfhunter

An even bigger question is why did he hire the Muslim in the first place? Immediately that rules out 50% of the population as a source of potential business. Unless your name is Trudeau, any sane business person with a brain could  see that would lead to some issue eventually.

Edited by Jaydee

9 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

An even bigger question is why did he hire the Muslim in the first place? Unless your name is Trudeau, any sane person with a brain could see that would only lead to some issue eventually.

LOL, there be rules about that too... the question soon, if not now, is do you bail or just paddle faster. We have invented and nurtured an unsustainable process. My biggest worry is that most don't see it and assume a "ban" on this that and the other counts as a solution to anything more complex than a sunburn. This is the sort of stuff that caused Rome to implode as well.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

Follow the signs.  We are following the same path as Rome.  

34 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

We have invented and nurtured an unsustainable process. My biggest worry is that most don't see it and assume a "ban" on this that and the other counts as a solution to anything more complex than a sunburn. This is the sort of stuff that caused Rome to implode as well.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

That the woman was Muslim is immaterial

Not according to the business owner since this was the reason he gave.

If only that were the case.  they are in fact Arrested on site and processed.  No benefits are granted. 

Yes its the twilight zone where Memes containing false information are now the sole source of information.

32 minutes ago, boestar said:

If only that were the case.  they are in fact Arrested on site and processed.  No benefits are granted. 

Yes its the twilight zone where Memes containing false information are now the sole source of information.

Yeah, they'll be arrested, right after the taxpayer funded RCMP officer helps them carry their suitcases across the border.  As for where you get the idea that no benefits are granted - this is 100% false.  They are given food, shelter, health benefits and, now, work permits.

1 hour ago, boestar said:

Asylum seekers get health-care benefits first, eligibility questions later

https://globalnews.ca/news/3690481/asylum-seekers-benefits-eligibility/

INTERIM, BASIC... These are key words.  They are not given the same benefits you and I are given.

1 minute ago, boestar said:

INTERIM, BASIC... These are key words.  They are not given the same benefits you and I are given.

Your post - you explain it.  What exactly are "interim and basic" benefits?

basic emergency healthcare.  Costs are covered under a different budget as an interim package before being granted full benefits.

2 hours ago, seeker said:

Your post - you explain it.  What exactly are "interim and basic" benefits?

Looking at the list, this is much better than what I get .

Description of Overseas Interim Federal Health Program coverage

The Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) covers certain pre-departure medical services for refugees coming to Canada for resettlement. This coverage includes the following services:

Description of in-Canada IFHP coverage

In Canada, the IFHP provides limited, temporary coverage of health-care benefits to people in the following groups who aren’t eligible for provincial or territorial (PT) health insurance:

• protected persons, including resettled refugees;
  • refugee claimants; and
  • certain other groups.

The IFHP does not cover the cost of health-care services or products that a person may claim (even in part) under a public or private health insurance plan. The IFHP does not coordinate benefits with other insurance plans/programs so co-payments aren’t possible.

Basic coverage (similar to health-care coverage from provincial or territorial health insurance plans)

• in-patient and out-patient hospital services
  • services from medical doctors, registered nurses and other health-care professionals licensed in Canada, including pre- and post-natal care
  • laboratory, diagnostic and ambulance services

Supplemental coverage (similar to the coverage given to social assistance recipients by provincial and territorial governments)

• limited vision and urgent dental care
  • home care and long-term care
  • services from allied health-care practitioners including clinical psychologists, psychotherapists, counselling therapists, occupational therapists, speech language therapists, physiotherapists
  • assistive devices, medical supplies and equipment, including:
    • orthopedic and prosthetic equipment
    • mobility aids
    • hearing aids
    • diabetic supplies
    • incontinence supplies
    • oxygen equipment

Prescription drug coverage (similar to the coverage provinces and territories give to social assistance recipients)

• prescription medications and other products listed on provincial/territorial public drug plan formularies

Coverage for the Immigration Medical Exam (IME)

• for most categories of beneficiaries, the IFHP also covers the cost of one IME and IME-related diagnostic tests required under the Immigration Refugee Protection Act

The benefits covered by the IFHP have certain limits including maximum dollar amounts. For more details, please consult the IFHP benefit grids:

Basic care my a$$; these people are getting as much if not more in the way of healthcare than most of us.

And all of this is completely free to them. The icing on the cake; tax paying Canadians are being 'forced' to compete with these people for medical services.

• Thanks 1

why is the supplimental highlighted.  They do not get that.

They get the BASIC

2 hours ago, boestar said:

why is the supplimental highlighted.  They do not get that.

They get the BASIC

maybe

Resettlement Assistance Program

The Government of Canada gives resettlement help to Convention Refugees Abroad.

In some cases, they offer this help to members of the Country of Asylum Class who have been:

• identified as refugees with special needs and
  • admitted to Canada as government-assisted refugees.

If you claimed refugee protection from inside Canada, you are not eligible for this program.

These funds are used to help pay for:

• meeting you at the airport or port of entry
  • a temporary place to live
  • help finding a permanent place to live
  • basic household items and
  • general help with life in Canada.

You can also use this money for income support for up to one year, or until you can support yourself, whichever comes first.

Length of coverage

• Basic coverage is provided only until the beneficiary qualifies for provincial or territorial health insurance.
  • Supplemental and prescription drug coverage is provided as long as the beneficiary receives income support from the Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP) (or its equivalent in Quebec) or until the beneficiary is no longer under private sponsorship.

"You can also use this money for income support for up to one year, or until you can support yourself, whichever comes first"

Or, you can suck on the social assistance teats for the rest of your life and supplement your income through crime.

Wow that is a pretty broad brush you paint with

Edited by boestar

Those who ponder security issues have long feared this might catch on here as a goto method. of creating mayhem. Cheaper, easier and often more effective than the assault rifle option we like to focus on. Now, do we address root causes or ban pressure cookers?

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/15-people-injured-in-mississauga-restaurant-explosion

Edited by Wolfhunter