More Destinations For Ac Rouge

Air Canada Adds Africa and Four New European Cities to its Growing International Network for Summer 2016

Canada's flag carrier becomes one of only a dozen airlines worldwide flying to six continents

Air Canada rouge's 2016 summer season will introduce seasonal non-stop service from:

• Montreal to Casablanca, the first African destination in Air Canada's network
  • Toronto to Prague, Budapest, Glasgow and Warsaw, all new destinations
  • Seats on all these new routes are now available for purchase at a special introductory fare starting as low as CAD$869 roundtrip, all-in for travel before July 2016

MONTREAL, Sept. 9, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada today announced one of its most far-reaching summer schedule expansions ever with its first route to Africa and the addition of four major European cities to its global network. The new Air Canada rouge service toCasablanca, Morocco, means Air Canada will be one of only a dozen airlines in the world that serve six continents.

"Air Canada is solidifying its position among leading global carriers by becoming one of only a dozen airlines flying to six continents with today's announcement of non-stop service to Casablanca, our first destination in Africa. Our Montreal-Casablanca flight will also be the only service to North Africa by a North American carrier and our aim is to transform this new route into a year-round operation. Our new, non-stop Air Canada rouge routes to Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, and Glasgow from Toronto Pearson are equally important as we continue to build out our network from our global gateway hub with more international destinations. The European services will be complemented by our Star Alliance partners, giving customers an even wider choice of travel options," said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada.

All the new services will be operated by Air Canada rouge, Air Canada's leisure carrier. All flights will be flown using a 280-seat Boeing 767-300ER aircraft offering a choice of premium and economy cabins. Customers will have the ability to collect and redeem Aeroplan miles. Seats are now available for purchase. To promote these new non-stop routes, Air Canada is offering a special introductory fare starting as low as CAD$869 roundtrip, all-in for travel before July 2016.

Route Details:

• Toronto-Prague: service begins May 29, 2016 with flight AC1922 and operates three times weekly. Departs Toronto at 16:55 on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, arriving in Prague at 7:20 the next day. Return flight AC1923 departs Prague at 9:30 and arrives inToronto 12:40 on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Service ends for the season on Sept. 29, 2016.
  • Montreal-Casablanca: service begins June 3, 2016 with flight AC1936 and operates four times weekly, subject to obtaining the necessary government approvals. Departs Montreal at 21:40 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, arriving in Casablanca at 10:00 the next day. Return flight AC1937 departs Casablanca at 11:55 and arrives in Montreal at 14:45 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Service ends for the season on Oct. 17, 2016.
  • Toronto-Budapest: service begins June 10, 2016 with flight AC1910 and operates three times weekly. Departs Toronto at 22:35 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, arriving in Budapest 13:35 the next day. Return flight AC1911 departs Budapest at 15:05 and arrives in Toronto at 18:45 on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Service ends for the season on Oct. 15, 2016.
  • Toronto-Glasgow: service begins June 13, 2016 with flight AC1938 and operates three times weekly. Departs Toronto at 18:55 on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, arriving in Glasgow at 6:40 the next day. Return flight AC1939 departs Glasgow at 8:25 and arrives in Toronto 10:50 on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Service ends for the season on Sept. 25, 2016.
  • Toronto-Warsaw: service begins June 16, 2016 with flight AC1926 and operates three times weekly. Departs Toronto at 18:30 on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, arriving in Warsaw at 9:30 the next day. Return flight AC1927 departs Warsaw at 11:00 and arrivesToronto 14:50 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Service ends for the season on Sept. 30, 2016.

Since 2009, Air Canada has increased its system-wide international capacity, measured by seats, by approximately 50 per cent. This year, Air Canada launched new international services from Montreal to Venice and Mexico, Vancouver to Osaka, and Toronto toAmsterdam. In November, the airline will launch non-stop service to Dubai and Delhi from Toronto and it has also announced new service beginning in 2016 to Brisbane from Vancouver, to Lyon from Montreal, and to London-Gatwick from Toronto.

About Air Canada and Air Canada rouge

Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving more than 190 destinations on five continents. Canada's flag carrier is among the 20 largest airlines in the world and in 2014 served more than 38 million customers. Air Canada provides scheduled passenger service directly to 64 Canadian cities, 52 destinations in the United States and 78 cities in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, the world's most comprehensive air transportation network serving 1,321 airports in 193 countries. Air Canada is the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking according to independent U.K. research firm Skytrax. For more information, please visit: www.aircanada.com follow @AirCanada on Twitter and join Air Canada on Facebook.

Air Canada rouge is Air Canada's leisure airline. Together with Air Canada Vacations, Air Canada rouge offers competitively-priced travel to 60 exciting leisure destinations on 82 routes in Europe, Mexico, the U.S., the Caribbean, Asia, South America, Africa and Canada. As a wholly-owned subsidiary, Air Canada rouge is backed by Air Canada's 77-year reputation for safety and reliability and Air Canada Vacations' 30-plus year history of vacation travel excellence. For more information, visit www.flyrouge.com or to book a flight visit www.aircanada.com. Visit Air Canada rouge on Facebook at www.facebook.com/aircanadarouge.

SOURCE Air Canada rt.gif?NewsItemId=C4534&Transmission_Id=

For further information: Contacts: Isabelle Arthur (Montréal), Isabelle.arthur@aircanada.ca, 514 422-5788; Peter Fitzpatrick (Toronto), peter.fitzpatrick@aircanada.ca, 416 263-5576; Angela Mah (Vancouver), angela.mah@aircanada.ca, 604 270-5741; Internet: aircanada.com

We like the Rouge product however a recent flight to SFO by wife and daughter reported the lavs on the 767 (C-GLCA) to be in disgusting shape. We had the same experience on our PUJ flight (A319) earlier this year. Pretty nasty.

The lower fare airline idea is a great option for the consumer but it doesn't mean passengers (aka customers) should accept a product below the condition of their mainline. Cabin appearance and lav condition are what the passengers sees and experiences. Perhaps Michael Friisdahll needs to be informed.

Problem is the lower cost product tends to attract the lower class clientele. While obviously not all of the clientele are lower class there is the element that is introduced that may not appear on a mainline flight due to the higher cost.

Almost every charter flight I have ever seen comes back disgusting. Again the low cost all inclusive vacations.

It can be very difficult for the airline to keep up with that and there is NOTHING that can be done when the mess happens in flight.

Problem is the lower cost product tends to attract the lower class clientele. While obviously not all of the clientele are lower class there is the element that is introduced that may not appear on a mainline flight due to the higher cost.

Almost every charter flight I have ever seen comes back disgusting. Again the low cost all inclusive vacations.

It can be very difficult for the airline to keep up with that and there is NOTHING that can be done when the mess happens in flight.

Are you serious? Good luck with that attitude.

At mainline, we are tasked with tidying the lavs periodically during the flight and have gloves and supplies for doing so. I would expect that rouge crews have the same expected of them but perhaps don't do it. I know that with staffing levels reduced to the absolute minimum combined with service levels that haven't been reduced, we don't have the time to do some of the things expected of us any more. But it's not like there's nothing that can be done if a lav is dirty.

Personally, I'm getting tired of wiping the shoe prints off of the toilet seats on my flights to and from China.

When I say NOTHING I mean for a large mess. like one would experience on a Hajj run. I also don't just mean the lavs the whole aircraft looks like a cyclone hit it on arrival.

Tidying up is one thing. Cleaning the Lav properly is quite another.

At mainline, we are tasked with tidying the lavs periodically during the flight and have gloves and supplies for doing so. I would expect that rouge crews have the same expected of them but perhaps don't do it. I know that with staffing levels reduced to the absolute minimum combined with service levels that haven't been reduced, we don't have the time to do some of the things expected of us any more. But it's not like there's nothing that can be done if a lav is dirty.

Personally, I'm getting tired of wiping the shoe prints off of the toilet seats on my flights to and from China.

Shoe prints.......oh my!

I'm sure you've spent time in first or business class so you know Boestar's 'lower class' clientele does not have a monopoly on being untidy. I think the "upper class" are worse.

My family's recent experience on AC/Rouge and their comment to me about the lavs were while sitting on the gate at YYZ prior to departure. So this airplane was considered ready for service. That introduction to the early morning flight combined with an APU failure (Capt's PA) added to the cabin aroma. I guess the "low fare" ticket doesn't include the possible use of ground air conditioning units.

No matter what the air fare, I think any airline has a responsibility to have the aircraft clean and presentable for their customers. Who here doesn't shop at Walmart or Costco? Do you expect to see trashed store aisles simply because you're saving on your shopping bill?

I know all of Rouge's current aircraft have done their time with the mother company, so these are not new machines. Neither are Westjet's 767s but I expect they will take pride in adding them to their fleet and make sure they are smelling fresh and clean.

We like the Rouge product however a recent flight to SFO by wife and daughter reported the lavs on the 767 (C-GLCA) to be in disgusting shape. We had the same experience on our PUJ flight (A319) earlier this year. Pretty nasty.

The lower fare airline idea is a great option for the consumer but it doesn't mean passengers (aka customers) should accept a product below the condition of their mainline. Cabin appearance and lav condition are what the passengers sees and experiences. Perhaps Michael Friisdahll needs to be informed.

C-GLCA is not a Rouge aircraft FWIW

Amazing how new flights for Rouge has gone into the toilet.. :Grin-Nod:

I was wondering how long it would take to go there....and we've arrived. :)

What is interesting between these recent Rouge (and Transat) announcements is the choice of charter flight destinations. Much different from the Wardair/Worldway/Nationair/Canada 3000 generation. The UK war bride/family travel has slowly morphed into more exciting places to visit.

DEFCON, in China, India, etc, you can eat dinner in what you would consider quite a fancy restaurant (better than a Keg), but when you enter the washroom, you are greeted by a 7 inch porcelain non-flushing hole. It is the norm. For many traveling for the first time, they've actually never seen a Western style toilet and prefer to stand on the edges. This has led to some very memorable moderate turbulence memories, including blocked off washrooms, broken glass and sprained ankles. Some airlines from these countries have placards showing proper use of the lavs.

Archived