Westjet 767 Operation

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would suspect the aircraft went through a heavy check or inspection before being accepted by the airline. No?. The plane would most certainly sit idle on the ramp if there were paperwork issues.

I'm hearing that the plane is fabulous and that plus seating is to die for, and guests are booking plus faster than you can say Roots air.

Also heard that orange is the new black, did you catch last weeks Million Dollar listing LAX that Josh Altman is such a bioch

c'mon rumours are just that.

We shall see what we shall see.

Did you hear the one about the Priest, Rabbi and

minister apparently.....................

:cool::cool::cool:

Wouldn't corrosion damage have been discovered early on in the process? Perhaps it's a matter of previous repairs for corrosion that aren't properly documented?

Before you dump on Conehead, do you know if the aircarft has passed technical acceptance, or completed it's bridging check, has all the STCs approved, got it's Canadian CofA?

Before you dump on Conehead, do you know if the aircarft has passed technical acceptance, or completed it's bridging check, has all the STCs approved, got it's Canadian CofA?

Ah Hem......little sensitive here...aren't we??? :blush:

DEFCON merely asked a couple of questions, he didn't make any disparaging remarks to Conehead or about Coneheads's post.

It's Friday...should be fully relaxed by now :Grin-Nod:((Probably got the pre election jitters eh ??)) :Clap-Hands:

So then what is the hold up???? The last news I saw on the 767s was this:

Delta TechOps to provide WestJet with 767 component support

• 04 September, 2015
  • BY: Jon Hemmerdinger
  • Washington DC

Delta TechOps will maintain a variety of components on Calgary-based WestJet's growing fleet of Boeing 767-300ERs for five years, TechOps announces.

The MRO provider says it struck a deal with WestJet under which it will maintain the aircraft's hydraulics, pneumatics, avionics, fuel, oil and other systems.

It will provide those services on a per-flight-hour basis, says TechOps in a media release, adding that it will also provide WestJet with parts inventory support.

The announcement comes just days after low-cost operator WestJet received the first of four planned 767-300ERs, the first widebodies in its fleet.

WestJet expects to acquire the remaining three aircraft, all from Boeing, by next spring.

You can put anything you want on an aircraft but until approval is given by TC the aircraft can not be flown using that sign...

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/CCARCS-RIACC/RchSimp.aspx

Other site showing the aircraft history and present status

Registration History Reg Airline Delivered Status NotSeenIt.png VH-OGJ Qantas 16.10.91 Left Fleet NotSeenIt.png

VH-OGJ Australian Airlines 11.10.02 Left Fleet

NotSeenIt.png VH-OGJ Qantas 27.04.06 Left Fleet

NotSeenIt.png N324BC Boeing Capital Corporation (BCC) 23.01.15 Left Fleet

NotSeenIt.png C-FOGJ Westjet 09.10.15 Stored

TC site now shows that the aircraft is registered etc.

Mark:

C-FOGJ
Common Name:
Boeing
Model Name:
767-338
Serial No.:
Basis for Eligibility for Registration:
CAR Standard 507.02, 507.03 - Type Certificate - A137
Category:
Aeroplane
Engine:
2, Turbo Fan
Max Take-Off Weight:
172365 kg
24 Bit Address:
Bin=110000000010010110011110, Octal=60022636, Hex=C0259E
Regional Office:
Winnipeg
Year Imported:
Base of Operations:
Calgary, Alberta, CANADA
Manufacturer Information Manufacturer:
The Boeing Company
Country of Manufacture:
U.S.A.
Year of Manufacture:
Registration Information
Type of Registration:
Commercial
Owner Registered Since:
2015-10-13
Latest Certificate of Registration Issued:
2015-10-13
Registered Owner Information
Name:
Westjet
Care of:
Attn: Quality Assurance Department
Address:
21 Aerial Place NE
City:
Calgary
Postal Code:
T2E 8X7
Province/Territory/State:
Alberta
CANADA
Region:
Prairie and Northern
Mail Recipient:
Yes

It has a CofR...Does it have a Cof A?

Good question, I guess we will need one of our WestJet posters to provide that info.

I wonder if this is part of the delay:

571.11 Persons Who May Sign a Maintenance Release

Information Notes:

(i) Section 571.11 of the CARs authorises the holder of an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) licence with a rating appropriate to the product being maintained to sign any maintenance release.

(ii) To establish what is an appropriate rating, consult Standard 566.

(1) Maintenance performed in a State that is a party to an agreement with Canada, shall be certified by either the holder of a Canadian AME licence, a person who has been authorised under the laws of that State, or a person whose knowledge is determined to be equivalent to the holder of an AME licence pursuant to Subpart 403 of the CARs, as described in subsection (2). Where that work is performed by a foreign maintenance organisation, the maintenance release must be signed by persons qualified pursuant to the local regulations and authorised by the foreign maintenance organisation.

Information Notes:

(i) In order to determine if a state is a party to an agreement with Canada, and to establish whether an agreement applies in a particular case, consult the following internet site:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/certification/menu.htm

I guess because it is not an ER. An ER would have had a MTO of 181,000 kg but the 767-200 had one of 179,000 kg

Appears it is an ER so not sure why unless it is the powerplants\

767-300 - Empty with PW-4050s 79,560kg (175,400lb), with CF6-80C2B2s 79,379kg (175,000lb). Operating empty with PW-4050s 87,135kg (192,100lb), with CF6-80C2B2s 86,955kg (191,700lb). Higher gross weight version max takeoff with PW-4050s or CF6-80C2B2s 159,210kg (351,000lb).

767-300ER - Empty with PW-4060s 81,374kg (179,400lb), with CF6-80C2B4s 80,603kg (177,700lb). Operating empty with PW-4060s 90,535kg (199,600lb), with CF6-80C2B4s 90,175kg (198,800lb). Max takeoff with PW-4060s 181,890kg (401,000lb), with CF6-80C2B4Fs 175,540kg (387,000lb).

Here is an additional ​gpto:

http://www.topcatsim.com/TOPCAT%20Aircraft%20Information%20Boeing%20767-300.pdf

I believe it is an ER which could have a MTOW of up to 186600kg. Just depends what you want to pay for. I suspect WestJet does not require up to 12 hours range presently so why pay for it. It makes a difference for airport fees also.

I believe it is an ER which could have a MTOW of up to 186600kg. Just depends what you want to pay for. I suspect WestJet does not require up to 12 hours range presently so why pay for it. It makes a difference for airport fees also.

Why is the MTOW so low?

The MTOW is low because this is a 24 year old bird. This was the inital weight variant that QF ordered 24 years ago. Initial 763ERs didn't have the highest MTOW available today. (Check table below)

Think of the A380. Initial models had a much lower MTOW than the latest ones delivered to EK. And that's just in a span of 8 years.

Based on the Boeing ACAP document for the 767, here are the different weight variants for the 763ER.

172,365 kg (WS 767)

175,540 kg

181,437 kg (AC's oldest 763, C-FCAB)

184,612 kg

186,880 kg (AC's newest birds)

Anything greater than 5000 nm / 9200 km (still air) is a no go for this WS 767.

As I recall, the MTOW as registered can be different (lower) than the actual manufactured MTOW. The registered MTOW affects landing fees and navigation charges, so it would be worthwhile to evaluate the heaviest scenario for the planned operation and register it at a weight that would keep it in a lower charge category.

MTOW of the aircraft is, generally, a matter of paperwork, a few placards on the landing gear and an AOM change. Possibly a change to the tire pressures as well. Usually not much more than that. The cost from Boeing, however, is a big chunk of change to have that done.

The registration must match the certified MTOW of the aircraft.

Archived