Westjet 767 Operation

Curious how this is going, so far the Transport Canada data base does not show the first aircraft , nor is one shown in the listing on the WestJet's fleet info on their webpage (just a brief mention)but the web site does show a seat map for the aircraft.

Has training commenced or is the first aircraft still to be delivered?

B767-338(ER) C-FOGJ Maintenance at CWF Feedback regarding: C-FOGJ
B767-338(ER) C-GOGN Maintenance at CWF Feedback regarding: C-GOGN
B767-338(ER) N304BC to be re-registered as C-FOGT / Maintenance at CWF Feedback regarding: N304BC
B767-338(ER) N326BC to be re-registered as C-FWAD / Maintenance at CWF Feedback regarding: N326BC
Rumour has that they have also purchased a 5th ex QF 767

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

evidently things are delayed:

WestJet Delays Boeing 767 Inaugural to Sep 2015

by JL
Share this po

Posted at 0830GMT 13AUG15

WestJet once again revised planned Boeing 767 service inaugural, which sees another 2-week delay. Planned inaugural on Toronto – Calgary route is now scheduled on 05SEP15, instead of planned 17AUG15. The following is planned operational schedule from 08SEP15 to 29SEP15.

WS655 YYZ0900 – 1112YYC 76W D
WS668 YYC1300 – 1836YYZ 76W D

http://airlineroute.net/2015/08/13/ws-76w-sep15/

Still no 767 registered for WestJet in the TC data base. Anyone know what the delay is about?

Specifically, no. Generally speaking, the overhaul & reconfiguration in The Bayou is taking much longer than the original overly aggressive timeline and is now moving toward being late on a more reasonable one. One interesting aspect of the Sept start is that to receive ETOPS approval for a new type normally requires a 90-day operation prior to. Considering WJA is planning on flying AB-Hawaii in early December, they better hope there are no more hiccups if they hope to fly that first couple of weeks on their own metal.

". . the original overly aggressive timeline and is now moving toward being late on a more reasonable one."

That made me smile.

Sounds mostly like paper work issues.

5 hands in the pot stirring.

Quantas, FAA, Boeing, Transport Canada & WestJet. It's ever easy getting all the paperwork aligned with 2 groups let alone 5.

Wouldn't surprise me if the original pilots trained expire before they touch the plane.

Quotas, FAA, Boeing, Transport Canada & WestJet. It's ever easy getting all the paperwork aligned with 2 groups let alone 5.

Wouldn't surprise me if the original pilots trained expire before they touch the plane.

when you have done it before it is easy to schedule the paperwork , 1st time however...... :Grin-Nod:

Specifically, no. Generally speaking, the overhaul & reconfiguration in The Bayou is taking much longer than the original overly aggressive timeline and is now moving toward being late on a more reasonable one.

Are these the first 767's to go to AAR at Chennault?

when you have done it before it is easy to schedule the paperwork , 1st time however...... :Grin-Nod:

Never an easy task importing aircraft. There may be a long list of AD's to complete on these older Qantas machines before TC will sign off. A much different process than adding brand new NG's every month.

Never an easy task importing aircraft. There may be a long list of AD's to complete on these older Quatas machines before TC will sign off. A much different process than adding brand new NG's every month.

exactly.

Quantas, FAA, Boeing, Transport Canada & WestJet. It's ever easy getting all the paperwork aligned with 2 groups let alone 5.

There is no *U* in QANTAS

Just my pet peeve

:cool::cool::cool:

Never an easy task importing aircraft. There may be a long list of AD's to complete on these older Qantas machines before TC will sign off. A much different process than adding brand new NG's every month.

A little like the "Capital J" in WestJet. Only those who care notice. :ivespentnumerousflightdelaysontherampinyul andyyz becauseaircanadaaskedforaircrftancrewiunspectionsforsafetyreasonsacthrowsitsweightaroundhutthosethingswillcomebackatyou.transportfriendshavesaidtome

A little like the "Capital J" in WestJet. Only those who care notice. :Grin-Nod:

:ivespentnumerousflightdelaysontherampinyul andyyz becauseaircanadaaskedforaircrftancrewiunspectionsforsafetyreasonsacthrowsitsweightaroundhutthosethingswillcomebackatyou.transportfriendshavesaidtome

I hear you Jack. They used to do the same intrusive "safety" inspections with us at C3 in Mirabel and you might recall, Buttonville.

I think those days are over though, and that's a good thing!

Hope you're doing OK Jack.

An old friend...

N324BC

BCC EQUIPMENT LEASING CORP · SEATTLE WA (registration)

Chennault Intl (KCWFinfo)

Lake Charles, LA

Chennault Intl (KCWFinfo)

Lake Charles, LA

10:40AM CDT

12:49PM CDT

Scheduled:

08:00AM CDT

Scheduled:

10:09AM CDT

Duration: 2 hours 9 minutes

Monday, 17 August 2015

Status

Delayed

Aircraft

Boeing 767-300 (twin-jet) (B763photos)

Speed

Filed: 463 kts (graph)

Altitude

Filed: 39,000 feet (graph)

Distance

Direct: 0 km Planned: 1,641 km

Route

LCH LEV DUTNA CATFS MUSYL SBI LCH (Decode)

• 2 weeks later...

Last announcement I saw was that the B767 service between yyc and hawaii was to commence in Dec and was available for booking. I can not find any listings for this service in Dec. Any idea when it will start? Nonstop does sound better than over YYJ or YVR.

Archived