Westjet Revised Logo? New 767 Video

internet

Why not put a circle around it and call it a day?

The maple leaf is a symbol of Canada, not just a corporate logo, maybe ask the Toronto Maple Leafs to put a circle around theirs and change the colour from blue to red.

Really??????? sheesh.

:cool::cool::cool: i

The maple leaf is a symbol of Canada, not just a corporate logo, maybe ask the Toronto Maple Leafs to put a circle around theirs and change the colour from blue to red.

Really??????? sheesh.

:cool::cool::cool: i

But what ever you do, don't emulate Toronto's performance. :Grin-Nod:

Of course manwest is correct.

Use of the 11-point maple leaf

By Order in Council P.C. 1965-1623 (dated September 2, 1965), any person in Canada may use a design or trademark incorporating the maple leaf that forms part of the flag of Canada on the condition that:

1. the use of the design or trademark conforms to good taste;
  2. an applicant for the registration of such design or trademark disclaims, in his application, the right to the exclusive use of the maple leaf; and
  3. the owner of such design or trademark will not attempt to prevent anyone else from using the maple leaf.

Use of the Flag is a little more touchy:

Use of the arms and of the flag of Canada for commercial purposes

The arms and the flag of Canada are protected by The Trade-marks Act (Statutes of Canada Chapter T-13) against unauthorized use for commercial purposes.

"9. (1) No person shall adopt in connection with a business, as a trade mark or otherwise, any mark consisting of, or so nearly resembling as to be likely to be mistaken for...... e) the arms, crest or flag adopted and used at any time by Canada or by any province or municipal corporation in Canada in respect of which the Registrar has at the request of the Government of Canada or of the province or municipal corporation concerned, given public notice of its adoption and use..."

Requests for permission to use the National Flag of Canada should be forwarded to:

State Ceremonial and Canadian Symbols

Department of Canadian Heritage

Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5

Tel: (819) 934-9048

Fax: (819) 997-8550

Email: uds-uos@pch.gc.ca

Please note that the turnaround time is ten (10) business days.

Note: A sketch of the intended use must be submitted.

Actually I think the stylized maple leaf looks great. One thing they might have left out of that video is the view of the reclining seats. It looks as if there is almost room for someone under 120 lbs , (might be a slight exaggeration :) ) in the seat behind one that is fully reclined.

Now let's just hope those small airplane drivers can handle the big jets. :)

I thInk WS has a clever graphic designer. The stylized maple leaf looks good.

I recently saw their tartan tailed 737 in YYZ. I think WS should do more of those themed tails. Good promotion and adds a little variety to the fleet.

I thInk WS has a clever graphic designer. The stylized maple leaf looks good.

I recently saw their tartan tailed 737 in YYZ. I think WS should do more of those themed tails. Good promotion and adds a little variety to the fleet.

Sure why not copy those who have gone before! :Grin-Nod:

The tartan tail does look really good. I have noticed another WestJet logo livery a couple of times. Have only seen it from a distance, but I believe it was for one of the theme parks. Was cool.

Archived