Wja To Lgw

Thebean

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.....but never with a wholly owned sub brand who's principal competitive weapon is price.

You have made very clear on this thread that your opinion is the only one that should be given any consideration, but I'll suggest anyway that I can't imagine what a BA sub brand would look like.

BA's 319s are now configured at 143 seats (a denser configuration than what Rouge provides), have only 2 lavs on the aircraft for up to 143 people, and their business class cabin is fitted in an economy layout with the middle seat empty. Business class seat pitch is 30". Their 320s are cattle cars too.

Rouge's 767 front cabin looks to me as if it has been positioned to compete with the premium economy offerings of other carriers. It compares well to BA's given that there are no middle seats.

It won't surprise anyone if AC eventually folds Rouge into mainline and moves the whole carrier downmarket as BA and others have done. It's a shame how much it frustrates you that AC isn't willing to withdraw from every last one of its lower-yielding markets and cede the whole show to a WS monopoly in the meantime.

• 2 months later...

Archived