C100 At Paris Airshow

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They actually have both, CS100 in Swiss livery on static display, and CS300 in BBD colours for flying.

They also have said the performance numbers have come out stronger which is great, better fuel consumption, better range (3300NM) and better noise reduction. Well done!

The last picture clearly shows FTV5 But I do not see the word EXPERIMENTAL anywhere on the fuselage as required in the Regs. I suspect itt is by the L1 door but there are no photos of it.

In the cockpit shot posted by Blues above there are red buttons positioned at the outboard ends of the glare shield panel. I'm guessing they activate a spin, or drag chute, but does anyone know for certain?

I am not 100% sure on the CS100 but on other aircraft there is an emergency Escape hatch that can be "Blown" in the event of emergency in order for the crew to bail out. There is usually a Drag chute as well. Historically Bombardier/Canadair has had bad luck with chutes as 2 hull losses can be attributed to different failure modes of the chute.

One would not detach after deep stall recovery and the other deployed but became detached from the aircraft before recovery.

They actually have both, CS100 in Swiss livery on static display, and CS300 in BBD colours for flying.

They also have said the performance numbers have come out stronger which is great, better fuel consumption, better range (3300NM) and better noise reduction. Well done!

Hope the airplane is part of Porter's future and anyone else who orders this good looking Canadian product.

Beautiful Aircraft. I really wish Air Canada ordered it instead of the 37.

Don't get me wrong - I love Boeing aircraft and I don't doubt AC made the best choice "all things considered".

I just wish that the right fit for AC had been this aircraft and we could have supported Bombardier.

Beautiful Aircraft. I really wish Air Canada ordered it instead of the 37.

Don't get me wrong - I love Boeing aircraft and I don't doubt AC made the best choice "all things considered".

I just wish that the right fit for AC had been this aircraft and we could have supported Bombardier.

There is no comparison between what a B737-800/900 MAX can do and what a CS100/300 can do. Different aircraft - different missions.

I believe that the C-series aircraft will enter service in Canada at Porter. But no CS100 will ever take off or land at CYTZ.

Bombardier is now considering a -500 series and indeed the 3 would have served Air Canada well, as good as the B737 line is.

It's amusing how some speak with such authority using words like "never" and "ever", even after they have been proven wrong so many times about Porter, but fear not, all things in their own good time!

I saw a Bombardier poster a while back that showed a whole family of these things seating up to two hundred pax. Although they're still only paper planes, the C Series looks like it may someday give Boeing and Airbus a run for their money. Go Canada!

Meanwhile on the other side of the country Viking Air(DH6) has just inked a deal with China that they say could be worth billions over time, and Harbour Air has a new Chinese owner (25%) and plan to expand operations to China.

Meanwhile on the other side of the country Viking Air(DH6) has just inked a deal with China that they say could be worth billions over time, and Harbour Air has a new Chinese owner (25%) and plan to expand operations to China.

It's so great to see the Twin Otter back in production. When Boeing purchased DeHavilland years ago they were not interested in this little plane.

The military is looking for a Buffalo replacement and Viking has a bid in to build new updated Buffaloes for them. It seems like a no-brainer to me but with military procurement being what it is will likely be something else.

Bombardier is now considering a -500 series and indeed the 3 would have served Air Canada well, as good as the B737 line is.

It's amusing how some speak with such authority using words like "never" and "ever", even after they have been proven wrong so many times about Porter, but fear not, all things in their own good time!

I dont think the timeline to be adequate for the 500 series. If you are looking for replacement aircraft, I would imagine that some sort of projected delivery date to be a minimum requirement by the purchaser. Until that happens, its just an idea...

As for serving Air Canada well, AC didn't order any B737-700. It went to the 800 and 900. That leaves a gap open if it ever wants to replace the departed & remaining Embraers. The C series could fill that gap... At the right price, it could be a decent purchase. Bombardier's got to be getting desperate for sales at this point. Who knows... maybe we will see a C series aircraft with a maple leaf on its tail....

The 25 remaining E190's will eventually be replaced by a combination of converted 737MAX options and an increase in the Express 75 seat jet fleet.

No C-series for AC unless BBD literally starts to give them away (which they insist will not happen).

If the C Series is ever to have a leaf on its tail, it'll only be seen on another 'regional' carrier that CR invents to fill that niche. I can't imagine CR having any interest in making AC proper a larger labour entity.

It's where the b@!! buster strap of the 5-point harness goes.

Would my unfamiliarity with your characterization of the properties of said harness strap be related to my (relative) youth or general endowment?

Bombardier leaves Paris ‘satisfied’ but without CSeries orders

Friday, Jun. 19, 2015 - Reuters
Allison Martell

TORONTO — Bombardier Inc. got no orders for its new passenger jet, the CSeries, at this week’s Paris airshow, another setback for a much-delayed program that comes just as signs of a slowdown in the commercial jet market start to grow.

Despite the lack of new orders, the Montreal-based planemaker pronounced itself “absolutely satisfied” to have showcased two test planes in Paris, and said the narrow-body, medium-range CSeries is beating its fuel-burn and range targets, important efficiency metrics in the industry.

In contrast to Paris, at last year’s Farnborough International Air Show, Bombardier was able to announce a firm order for two CSeries jets and tentative deals to sell up to 66 more, even though an engine fire had grounded the CSeries test program. Paris and Farnborough are key sales events that take place in alternate years.

Even aside from the CSeries, Paris was not generous to Bombardier this year as it announced only one new firm order during the show, selling six Q400 turboprops to Canada’s WestJet Airlines Ltd.

Meanwhile, Brazilian rival Embraer SA announced 50 firm orders for regional jets, and regional planemaker ATR, an Airbus and Finmeccanica joint venture, announced 46.

'Bombardier’s timing may also be poor as many analysts say the commercial jet market is slowing after weathering the financial crisis on Asian demand.'

Archived