Telemarketing Robocall

Please send me your full name, address, DOB, and SIN and I'll see what I can do about easing your ire.

Haha, funny. :biggrin1: Don't you need my banking info too?

Here's a new one. I just got spam phone called......FROM MY OWN PHONE NUMBER !!!! Yep, call display showed my own phone number. Picked up after 3 rings to a dead line.

Do you have a multiple personality disorder - maybe you're the source of all the spam calls and you don't know it!

Here's a new one. I just got spam phone called......FROM MY OWN PHONE NUMBER !!!! Yep, call display showed my own phone number. Picked up after 3 rings to a dead line.

Same thing... AND my name. Offering great rates on credit cards. I pressed through to a rep and told him to take my name off the call list. He told me not to yell at him and just hang up.

I like the idea of telling them to hang on for a sec, putting the phone down for a couple of minutes, then picking up, talking for a couple more seconds, putting the phone down, .... repeat. Won't have to ask them to take me off the list, unless they like having their time wasted.

As inchman said, the only capital we have is to waste their time. I've managed to keep them on for 10 minutes or more when I was bored. The upside was that I got to practice my Indian accent which irritated him greatly! :P

Just got a call from, presumably, New Delhi, advising me that my computer was at risk. The caller was obviously reading a prepared text and when asked a direct question, proceeded to the next line in his prepared text. I advised him the value of his message in language not fit for this forum at which point, he did seem to understand what I was saying. Then, for some reason, he hung up on me.

Do "these people" not understand how very stupid their message(s) is(are)?

The better-half recently obtained her first prescription from Shoppers Drug Mart two weeks ago. Three hours later she received a call from Pakistan and the heavily accented caller asked for her by name. He said; 'we've noticed that you recently had a prescription filled for 'blank' and we'd like to offer you a much better price for future orders'....

The owner of the pharmacy was interested for certain but I can't say the same about the investigation group in Toronto that the owner turned the case over to. Beware, either Shoppers, or your insurance carrier has been hacked.

I brought that possibility up with the owner JO, but for a number of reasons she was pretty confident that wasn't likely the case here, but it is one of the possibilities I was hoping to hear the Shoppers investigative unit had looked into and would advise me on.

The robocalls from "Westjet" and "Marriott" telling me I've earned 9000 points or something like that, ask if I'm 30 or older, and have a valid credit card. I reply in the affirmative, and then I'm asked to hold for an operator. The operator then tells me (in thick American drawl) they are from "Mexico Dream Holidays", and they confirm that I'm in the (###) area code... I say yes. Then they proceed to make it sound like its a pretty desperate situation... and that if I "act fast, they have one of two travel packages they can offer me for the low price of $$$".

Scum. And I made sure to tell them that. Feels good :)

Archived