Whoa !

Kip Powick

I'm getting a lot of photography related ads. Which is okay, as that is a hobby.

Question: if we click on an ad how much does the web owner get? Is it hundredths of a penny?

In other words - when we are about to leave the computer is it worth out time to click on an ad and then close both

windows?

Further up the thread the site owner confirmed that clicks from us will definitely pay the costs associated with the site. I have turned off my adblocker on this site and now click a few ads on every visit.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rates the ads pay is under 1 cent per click but it adds up quick on a site like this. On my site I only get a few users (under 100 regular) and it took well over a year to get a check from google. On a site like this it will take far less time is everyone clicks.

It is well worth it for the admins.

I was just testing the Cookie / tailored browser thing. I understand how it works and why. Clear out the cookies in your browser and it defaults to aviation related ads. After a while the ads will change depending on what you are looking at. since I am currently on my work laptop it stands to reason most things will remain aviation related.

Guest tailwheel

How about instead of donating, we each just click on one ad every time we come to this forum. In effect, we are donating when we do this.

How about instead of donating, we each just click on one ad every time we come to this forum. In effect, we are donating when we do this.

Have you actually read any of the posts in this thread?

I believe that it is a formula based on page views versus clicks. A sample below, so based on this the cost per click is .34cents

Page views Clicks Page CTR CPC Page RPM Estimated earnings
12,212 37 0.30% CA$0.34 CA$1.04 CA$12.76

Internet Explorer isn't "Buggy" It just does not conform to the standards set out by the consortium. It is a pain in the ass to develop for as well.

MSIE - can't use without UNBELIEVABLE googleads.double click.com when trying BACK. Need to use right click feature or history feature.

Still, if what's needed by the Admins/Owners of this forum, a very small price to pay. A small price, indeed.

Archived