Ryanair Board Approves Plan To Operate To Usa

CanadaEH

Really? I have never been considered an Employee in the eyes of the government on any contract I have served. I have been 100% responsible for all things Related to my pay and benefits. If you are a sole proprietor with a single contract then the rules apply as for all intents and purposes you are an employee. If you incorporate a company and contract to one or more employers then you are on the hook for all payments to the government. Scheduling Still falls on the employer as well as work conditions but nothing else.

I operated this way for years and never had any issues. Others were not so lucky when they were not incorporated and faced a backlog of payments to the government of significant amounts.

For the modest investment to incorporate it saves you a bundle.

It doesn't matter if you are incorporated or not. CRA will look at the whole situation. For example, who is responsible for scheduling, if its the employer then you will likely be deemed to be an employee. Do you provide your services to only one employer or multiple employers concurrently? If it's only one then you will likely be deemed to be an employee.

ACE ( pre-cargo jet ) tried this set up and got away with for a few years until the CRA took a look.

If you didnt have any issues then I would guess that's because the CRA didn't look at you as opposed to you being on the right side of tax law.

The CRA did look at me closely in the form of an audit. They found nothing unusual as I was being paid a salary from my company and the company I was contracted to was being invoiced for services. I took care of all payments for EI, CPP, and income taxes based on my Salary from my company.

All above board and all legal like. Zero issues.

Had I been a sole proprietor like most of the guys in the ACE era I would have been treated like an employee but not a corporation as a corporation cannot be an employee.

Archived