Capa's Latest..........

Thebean

I post this for general interest.

i am no fan of CAPA. I have no idea who they are, who writes the stuff and how they generate revenues, which would probably shed some light on where they are coming from. Some of their stuff is laughable.

There are some pretty glaring factual errors in this report, including an inference that AC had no presence in Windsor, Sault, Timmins or Sudbury in July 2013, that WJ discovered the Halifax-St John's market in the summer of 2014, and AA didn't operate from Toronto to its hub in Chicago in the summer of 2013.

However, they're entitled to their opinion.

http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/porter-airlines-outlook-grows-more-difficult-in-the-fast-changing-canadian-landscape-176813

I don't think they would have any case. They made plans and announced intentions that were outside existing bylaws.. They made several commercial moves based on regulation changes not even in the works.

Pretty hard to sue when you went ahead and announced something you had no right to say or try in the first place.

I don't disagree with you. Something just doesn't seem right about how things are playing out.

Porter announces plans to expand from YTZ to LAX, YVR, etc. from a city that doesn't allow the type of aircraft it wants to fly. And they don't commit to the purchase, it's conditional. Ok, that's interesting. There was all sorts of press about it but ...... not much else has happened since. Was was the real motive behind the announcement?

Encore was a known fact some 24+ months back. It was inevitable that it would expand to YYZ and beyond - right into Porters "backyard". We've seen analytics about what Encore can/could do to both AC and Porters revenue/profitability. Nothing seems to have been done to protect or counteract the inevitable.

Rouge launched what - a year ago?

Canada Jetlines and Jet Naked have both been rumoured about for about a 12+ months now.

So with WestJet and AC continuing to grow and add capacity, Encore and Rouge growing, and the prospect of Jet Naked and Canada Jetlines starting serve within the next year - what does that do for Porter? It has done nothing to alter its strategy. It isn't adding any new planes. It's growth strategy hinges on a major expansion of an airport that doesn't allow for it. I don't see how this will end well for Porter?

I don't disagree with you. Something just doesn't seem right about how things are playing out.

Porter announces plans to expand from YTZ to LAX, YVR, etc. from a city that doesn't allow the type of aircraft it wants to fly. And they don't commit to the purchase, it's conditional. Ok, that's interesting. There was all sorts of press about it but ...... not much else has happened since. Was was the real motive behind the announcement?

Encore was a known fact some 24+ months back. It was inevitable that it would expand to YYZ and beyond - right into Porters "backyard". We've seen analytics about what Encore can/could do to both AC and Porters revenue/profitability. Nothing seems to have been done to protect or counteract the inevitable.

Rouge launched what - a year ago?

Canada Jetlines and Jet Naked have both been rumoured about for about a 12+ months now.

So with WestJet and AC continuing to grow and add capacity, Encore and Rouge growing, and the prospect of Jet Naked and Canada Jetlines starting serve within the next year - what does that do for Porter? It has done nothing to alter its strategy. It isn't adding any new planes. It's growth strategy hinges on a major expansion of an airport that doesn't allow for it. I don't see how this will end well for Porter?

The "real motive" it seems to me, must have been simply to put as much pressure as they could on Toronto politicians to approve their "plans" (dreams). I don't know if the fat lady has sung yet, but it looks to me like that plan didn't work.... (yet)

Archived