Out Of His "mizar"y?

Maverick

Apparently their only crime was that they didn't agree with the political views and agenda of the moderators. Sort of like what happens in North Korea. Standby for this post to be deleted in 3-2-1-

Pure nonsense.

"Their"?... Rozar just went for another handle.... He's not gone.

Hi, Moderate Chop - First, I'd like to re-iterate what I said before: I don't personally believe that there's much point in booting border-line trolls off the forum (based on what I've seen - I don't know if there was something else going on), They will only return (again) under another of the limitless supply of anonymous rocks under which to reside. It is ironic, but the 'threat' of expulsion really only covers those of us who stand behind our postings; I know I would not be able to return, because I don't choose to hide.

Contrary to what you say, most of the folks here, anonymous or not, relish the cut-and-thrust of expressing/defending differing opinions, and they're not at all as homogeneous as you and a few others are saying they are (& I really think y'all know better).

So, I'll call BS on your suggestion. I simply do not believe that Mizar/alkaid/woxof's "opinions" have anything to do with it. There are, and have been lots of posters from different viewpoints who have come on here, and in some cases been very caustic, without reducing every single thread, in which they found a difference of opinion, to unfounded smears on the character and/or motivations of (as he saw them) his 'opponents'. And, yes, he had crap fed back to him, but unfortunately it is contagious, and his (euphemistically-called) style was way too often the infection.

Yet, I really did hope that M/a/w would eventually grow out of his risible, but nonetheless grating and offensive Walter-Mitty crap (sorry, but David had to actually present himself to kill Goliath), and I thought perhaps that process was nascent in a couple of threads. BUT - It is our hosts' prerogative, and I'm not about to tell them how to run their site.

Cheers, IFG :b:

Well, if I were King, I'd have had him on my radar from the first moment I suspected he was the same guy that was kicked out three times before.... And then... I might have watched and hoped he wouldn't repeat the same sort of behaviour that made him so undesirable in the past... and even then, if he did... I'd probably have tried my best to give him the opportunity to detach himself from his previous personas and maintain some civility... but I think if he'd failed at all that, and then even hinted an acknowledgement that he was the same person, I'd have given him the boot.

Guest rattler

something that is worth reading:
http://www.bubblews.com/news/159110-freedom-of-expression-is-not-absolute

Freedom of expression is not absolute

Submitted by scheng1 on January 22nd, 2013 –

Many of us enjoy the freedom of expression online and offline.

We like the fact that we have the freedom to express our opinions of so many things in life.

We pity those people staying in some countries where they cannot just speak their minds.

However, there is a limit to the freedom of expression, and that includes freedom of speech that we have taken for granted.

There is no absolute freedom in the world.

We cannot go around and tell people that we think so-and-so is dead or tell others that we think a certain person is a bad person.

We have to bear responsibility for our words.

We have to make sure of the fact before we say anything.

That includes our opinions of our friends, teachers, bosses and colleagues.

It does not mean that you can badmouth anyone once you are home. Freedom of expression does not give you the rights to tell untruth.

It does not give you the rights to air your opinion of others in public.

Hello all,

It's me, formerly known as rozar s'macco. This is my real name now- well, real nickname at least. My former account was FUBAR'd apparently for reasons beyond mine or the administrator's control and I decided to reenlist as one of the elite group of members that use their real name. I feel a bit out on a limb because I've probably said some stupid things over the years under my previously anonymous handle. Notwithstanding, I am hereby embarking on a quest to say only things that I would stand behind as a real person.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's glad you're not gone for good, I've always found your postings to be a fair and valuable contribution to the discussions that go on here, and I certainly don't recall you ever posting anything that you couldn't say with your real name.

They will only return (again) under another of the limitless supply of anonymous rocks under which to reside. It is ironic, but the 'threat' of expulsion really only covers those of us who stand behind our postings; I know I would not be able to return, because I don't choose to hide.

Interesting IFG.

A rather perfect example of hypocrisy that Mizar was trying to point out. "because I don't choose to hide" But in reality you are.

I don't know who you are & I don't really care, what matters is the message you are trying to get across & many of you missed Mizar's.

Slagging someone who can't defend themselves is extremely low & I'm not surprised who has jumped on the bandwagon.

Interesting IFG.

A rather perfect example of hypocrisy that Mizar was trying to point out. "because I don't choose to hide" But in reality you are.

I don't know who you are & I don't really care, what matters is the message you are trying to get across & many of you missed Mizar's.

Slagging someone who can't defend themselves is extremely low & I'm not surprised who has jumped on the bandwagon.

Hello again, Gatekeeper - My name's in my profile (IFG is my initials). Your accusation of hypocrisy is a little too opaque for me. Can you elaborate, or is it a generic characterization for those who do not agree with you?

Your own suggestion that people here (and I among them, I'd assume) cannot abide disagreement is quite ironic in the light our our last (I believe only) exchange ( http://theairlinewebsite.com/topic/400572-legaliiize-it/page-3?hl=kidding#entry1619058 ). I will leave it to readers to decide who is unable to countenance a difference of opinion, and perhaps who may be the hypocrite here.

Look, Gatekeeper. I don't want a pissing contest with you, but honestly, I have never in my life encountered anybody of any courage or integrity that behaves the way this individual has done, over three(?) incarnations here. Even before his eviction, I ceased to interact with, or comment about him, but the petty defamations a few of you aim at me and others, in your ... defence of him, have drawn a response. I have no desire whatsoever to ever discuss him again, in any way.

& BTW, unlike him (and so far, you) I do stand by everything I say here. If you want to call me a hypocrite, I invite you to do the same.

IFG

IFG, you don't need to defend yourself. I don't think anybody is taking his comments seriously.

And, we're beating a dead horse here, that's already been beaten to death and then some.

http://theairlinewebsite.com/topic/390111-the-banning-of-woxof/

Very predictable as usual & adds nothing to a balanced debate...which is missing from this forum.

IFG, you don't need to defend yourself. I don't think anybody is taking his comments seriously.

And, we're beating a dead horse here, that's already been beaten to death and then some.

You're probably right, cp', but it just rankles. The suggestion that I would ever, in a million years, stifle a civil debate is just anathema to me: a certifiable PITA at just about every dinner table, bar or back yard where there's been a bone to pick at, more seriously in representational work for about 4 decades, where there were real consequences to the argument, and you bloody well had to respect, & grasp what drives the other side. These guys are farcical, and I should just let it go.

Your old link, with the familiar "supporter", recalled something about one of the NRA's favourite "researchers" ( http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/washingtonpost/doc/409524447.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Feb+1%2C+2003&author=Morin%2C+Richard&desc=Scholar+Invents+Fan+To+Answer+His+Critics ) - Ya never know (& really, GK' is not as resonant to me as the other three), but - one could wonder if something similar goes on here (& then there were 4?) :rolleyes: ...

Cheers, IFG :b:

That is an interesting concept IFG, and something I hadn't considered. I wonder if Mary Rosh would have continued to post if Lott had been banned? In this case, I think with the almost OCD nature of the banned individual's postings, he/she would not be able to refrain from posting if he had another identity.

I've been doing a little reading on troll behaviour since someone posted an article about it a while back, and I found an interesting concept called the Karpman Drama Triangle.

http://therapyideas.net/triangles.htm

I think it pretty accurately illustrates why the forum turns into an angry chaotic place when a troll shows up, and why everyone seems to breathe a sigh of relief after they're gone. It's like the difference between a friendly neighborhood pub and a dysfunctional family reunion.

Re getting rankled, me too, but I try to keep in mind that the intention was to rankle me, and try not to fall into that manipulative trap.

Cheers, Jennifer

Archived