I had a few days where I couldn't even get the site to load - kept getting error message.

The site was down for close to 36 hours a couple of days ago but our host, (Glen), worked on it for in excess of 10 hours, (on his days off), and got it back up, but I have to assume there are still a few bugs in it with respect to posting.....patience from all required. :Grin-Nod:

When a website becomes unavailable the question is always; is it just my machine or is it down for everyone? I appreciate the place that our hosts provide and am certainly willing to allow whatever time is needed without any expectations. What we need is an alternate communication protocol - not just for theairlinewebsite but for any website or forum. Someone should start something like that - if any website doesn't load a standard place where everyone goes to just post that it isn't working and allow a backup communication channel.

Unfortunately Still not working properly...can't post a NEW TOPIC . It is about 5 very short paragraphs and I if I copy and paste the entire thing, the "Preview" button comes back as a blank page

If I copy and paste in about 4 small paragraphs, doing two paragraphs at a time, they will "Preview" OK

If I try to add the last paragraph....the "Preview" button shows me a blank page

None of the paragraphs are long....PS.......Tried to add a two line paragraph to this "reply"......hit SAVE CHANGES and the page just froze.

Testing

When Matthew was a small boy he wanted nothing more than to be like the other kids. Play ball, make fun of yucky girls—the things that normal six year old boys would do. But he knew as far back as he could remember that he was different than the other kids. Something was different. Something was always different.

“No, no, no!” Matthew McGregor's body lurched forward. Beads of sweat puckered on his forehead. He sat up on the bed looking around trying to shake the fog. His hands were trembling, but he couldn’t recall why. He twisted himself and looked at the clock. 7:20 a.m. A soft light yawned through the crack in the curtain. It was morning now, but somehow it was dark to him—it was always dark.

Four pill bottles sat on the bed stand, next to the clock, lined up in alphabetical order. Then he remembered. Lithium, to reduce any suicide attempts. Loxapine, to inhibit spontaneous motor activity. Risperidone, altering brain communication through neurotransmitters. Zoloft, for depression. Next to half empty bottles was a tall half glass of water. He had placed it there like he did faithfully every night before he took his meds—before going to sleep. This was his life. His life in hell.

He blinked at the bottles trying to focus, trying to bring himself to take the pills—to numb his fear. Numb him. There were too many faceless doctors in Matthew's life. Too many years had passed since he was released from 'the retreat'. Lately, Matthew was slowly skipping his meds, slowly weaning himself. After all, he felt better. The doctors had warned him about self administration.

“Too much dopamine can cause psychotic episodes Matthew and you know how are those can be.” “Shut up,” he barked at the bottles.

He didn't care. He was beginning to feel better anyway. He knew that one day he would be whole again. Begin to feel the urges that moved through him, through his blood like radiation dye in an MRI exam. He knew this day would come and he had prepared for it for a long time. He didn't care that the doctors had told him over and over again. “As a psychopath, you must understand what you are up against in life. There is no cure Matthew.” He heard it all too many times. What is wrong with hallucinations? So he got angry sometimes especially when someone was plotting against him. He knew all too well that they were trying to poison him—that bitch in the kitchen. The way she smirked at him when she shoveled the food onto his plate. He knew. He always knew. He sure showed her when he planted that rat poison in her locker. Got her fat-ass fired—when he began puking. He didn't take much, just enough. It was all he needed to do. He'd do it again. He knew he would.

“No, no, no.” both clenched hands hit his temples over and over and over. Before he could think—gain control, he leaped off the bed, swung his arm and watched as the pill jars flew off the table. Watched as the glass of water smashed onto the floor.

He stood there naked. His pale chest heaved in and out, hands still clenched. Matthew was slight in stature, but he was strong. His red curly hair was tight on his head like a newly coiffed perm. His sinew muscles tensed as he stood looking down at the smashed glass. Water seeped into the carpet that lay on the linoleum tiled floor. He didn't care, well not until his rage was over. He'd care then. When his obsessive compulsive disorder would inevitably kick in and he would meticulously mop and mop and mop. The room was painted in a **bleep**-stained-shorts color as is someone purposely tried to make the walls look older than they were. The studio apartment was all that he needed. No one visited and sometimes, but only sometimes this bothered him. But Matthew didn't care about that right now.

Today, he wasn't having any of it. He was done with those quacks. So what. Just because he had killed his mother when he was twelve. What does that prove—how could they label him as a psychopath after what she had done to him all those years. Bitch. So, he was creative when he killed her. So what! At twelve it was more of a convenience than a well laid-out plan. That ice-pic just happened to be sitting there stuck in the ice block in the sink. That's not what the doctors said of course. Bullshit. “It spoke to me,” he finally told the doctors. It was at that point that the doctors labeled him as schizophrenic. He had heard other voices but he wasn't going to tell them about that. Not after they had added more meds—more numbing. He'd overheard them talking—so what if his thoughts were sometimes disorganized. That didn't mean he was slow or stupid. They were stupid, not him.

So today he'd had enough. Enough of those pills and enough of those quacks and enough of stupid people always telling him what to do. He knew what was best for him and besides, today was a special occasion. He had prepared everything. He had spent countless hours constructing his cave—his personal retreat. No one knew of his secret little hide-away, well know one that would tell anyway. He had made quite the impression with his employers over the two years he had worked there. He was patient, so much so that even when Matthew began constructing his den, renovating it for this day. No one thought twice of him bringing in his tools, bringing in what he needed. They were nice from the moment he started working there. He was hired through the agency who had promoted 'rehabilitated' troubled youth. He wasn't a youth anymore by this time. But they could not release information on his crimes. It was forever sealed in his juvenile file. They couldn't tell the potential employers anything about the years he had stayed in the care of ‘the retreat'. This always made Matthew smile. Morons. No one gave him a second glance. Even when he struggled to maneuver the large solid pine beam through the cave system on the jimmy-rigged planks. He knew they probably thought he had approval for whatever he was doing. Approval from Mandy the Manager. Matthew giggled at the irony. They trusted him. “Idiots.” But everyone was an idiot to Matthew. After all, he was special—brilliant actually. He only tolerated them because he sometimes needed them, the idiots that is, to complete his current goal. His big goal.

Today, like everyday, Matthew looked like an everyday joe. No one noticed him. No one cared when he sat on the same 8:15 train from New Market, Virginia to the employee bus stop on the Lee Hwy circle. He didn't care, that's the way he wanted it. But since today was a special day—the big day, he thought he'd jazz himself up a bit. He stood in front of the full length mirror in his one room apartment.

He wore the same uniform he had worn for the past two years. But today instead of his usual dark brown belt, he chose to wear the one that had a dark leopard skin pattern. Not one you could see visibly, of course, but he could—he knew it was there. He pressed his hands against his legs brushing at the invisible creases. He pushed his straight palms down the cotton khaki polyester-blend over and over and over. He felt a tingle in his groin. He hadn't felt that for a very long time. He knew he was getting closer to his celebration. But he had to keep control. It was too soon for that now.

He lifted the lip gloss from the desk beside the mirror and studied the container before opening and gliding the slick mint flavor carefully over his lips. He didn't apply it like a school girl would. That would be too messy and that was something he never was. Matthew articulated everything he did. Well as best he could on those God damn meds.

Standing still in front of the mirror he fiddled with his tie, trying to get it perfect. He twisted it one way, straightened it, then the other way. Sweat began to form on his upper lip. “Bad, bad, bad.” he hissed at his image. He stood silent as if he heard something. Did he? Wait.

“Mommy.” the voice of a child.

“Shut up Dory, I'm not your mommy.” Matthew spat. “She's dead. Go away, you'll ruin everything.” Matthew snarled again.

Matthew's face twisted into something unrecognizable when he heard ... “You've been bad, very very bad, and you know what happens to bad boys.” a low female voice reprimanded. Matthew stiffened and stared hard into the mirror. Fear tightened his chest as he tried to understand and then he remembered.

When Matthew was nine he was good in school. He had a lot of friends too, not good friends but friends anyway. He would lose most of them when he brought them home and showed them his tricks. He particularly liked to catch one of his goldfish, stab it with a pick, and cook it live with fire from a lighter.

He had lots of goldfish in his glimmering tank. His mother had bought him the tank because he was a good boy. Always did what she asked him to do, especially when she crawled into bed with him when she was lonely. He really was, a good boy.

So, at first, when he brought his friends home, they liked catching fish from his tank. Well, for nine-year-olds it was easy. Dip the net in, pull out a fish and put it on the dresser. At first, he would get the "wows" and the "cools" from his audience. But then they would tell him to put the flopping fish back in the tank. It was a sin to watch another creature suffer.

Matthew though, loved to watch the fish flop from side to side. Pretty much all the kids he brought home would cry at this stage of the trick. But Matthew never wanted to miss the finish. He wasn't going to stop the glorious moment. He couldn't wait till the gills on the goldfish stopped moving in and out. And just before that happened, he would pluck up the fish in the air with a pic and light it on fire. He would feel his erection; he had felt it before. After all, he was nine.

Now at age twenty-four Matthew stood silent staring at himself in the mirror, waiting, listening. He held his breath. Nothing. Thirty seconds passed and his chest heaved a sigh. He hadn't heard that voice in a long time―a very long time. Staring at his image in the mirror he held his breath again. Nothing. Matthew frowned and then without pause licked the tips of his fingers and began to smooth the sides of his hair.

Pride glowed on his pale face as he admired himself. Today was the day alright. Everything was ready. It was her turn now.

When Matthew was a small boy he wanted nothing more than to be like the other kids. Play ball, make fun of yucky girls—the things that normal six year old boys would do. But he knew as far back as he could remember that he was different than the other kids. Something was different. Something was always different.

“No, no, no!” Matthew McGregor's body lurched forward. Beads of sweat puckered on his forehead. He sat up on the bed looking around trying to shake the fog. His hands were trembling, but he couldn’t recall why. He twisted himself and looked at the clock. 7:20 a.m. A soft light yawned through the crack in the curtain. It was morning now, but somehow it was dark to him—it was always dark.

Snipped!

Show off! :P

Tried it all Judy,

Tried copy/paste into a NEW TOPIC and..................... .

tried copy/paste into a thread already going and in that type of thread I can't get all the 'paste' to stay, in fact the page freezes when I hit the Add Reply button

If I try a NEW TOPIC and hit the POST button, the page goes blank and the browser window has this in it...................................... theairlinewebsite.com/index.php?

I will download FIREFOX and try it...I am using Google Chrome

Guest rattler

Testing the ability to

1. large post

By: Ellis Taylor

Singapore

7 hours ago

Airbus and Comac have signed a memorandum of understanding to work together on initiatives aimed at sustainably growing the air transport industry.

Initially, the two airframers will co-operate on new air traffic management concepts and operations aimed at increasing the fuel efficiency of flights.

“Environmental protection, aircraft safety and a seamless cooperation between industry players are important factors in promoting a sustainable aviation industry,” says Comac president He Dongfeng. “We will strengthen the cooperation with Airbus in areas like global interoperability, sustainability and aircraft safety, deepen the understanding of the world’s latest concepts and operations, best practices and methodologies. Through collaboration, both companies will jointly contribute to the long-term sustainable development of the aviation industry.”

Airbus adds that the two companies plan to expand their cooperation on environmental issues in the future.

Comac is also involved in collaborative research with Boeing on air traffic management issues.

More on this story:

ANALYSIS: ICAO deal signals chance for ATM breakthrough

Controllers gather in Brussels to protest SES plans

Airbus, China line up ATM programme

Boeing-Comac research centre to work on ATM projects

Airbus ProSky to work with Singapore on ATM research

Guest rattler

testing the ability to quote

Testing the ability to

1. large post

By: Ellis Taylor

Singapore

7 hours ago

Airbus and Comac have signed a memorandum of understanding to work together on initiatives aimed at sustainably growing the air transport industry.

Initially, the two airframers will co-operate on new air traffic management concepts and operations aimed at increasing the fuel efficiency of flights.

“Environmental protection, aircraft safety and a seamless cooperation between industry players are important factors in promoting a sustainable aviation industry,” says Comac president He Dongfeng. “We will strengthen the cooperation with Airbus in areas like global interoperability, sustainability and aircraft safety, deepen the understanding of the world’s latest concepts and operations, best practices and methodologies. Through collaboration, both companies will jointly contribute to the long-term sustainable development of the aviation industry.”

Airbus adds that the two companies plan to expand their cooperation on environmental issues in the future.

Comac is also involved in collaborative research with Boeing on air traffic management issues.

More on this story:

ANALYSIS: ICAO deal signals chance for ATM breakthrough

Controllers gather in Brussels to protest SES plans

Airbus, China line up ATM programme

Boeing-Comac research centre to work on ATM projects

Airbus ProSky to work with Singapore on ATM research

posting a long post will hang at the save point.

Editing a short post to make a long post will hang at the save point.

I am using the latest version of Chrome. Short posts seem to be fine.

Hey Judy...............

On behalf of all the members thanks for all the effort, time and work by you and 'the man' to get the site up to its normal self....it is much appreciated. Everything is working fine now, even the PM in my profile :Grin-Nod::Grin-Nod:

Take care and be careful in the sandbox!!

message repeated in the MAINTENANCE thread...cause I think I said I would chat here ?? :biggrin1:

Kip

• Like 1