Test

manwest

I had a few days where I couldn't even get the site to load - kept getting error message.

The site was down for close to 36 hours a couple of days ago but our host, (Glen), worked on it for in excess of 10 hours, (on his days off), and got it back up, but I have to assume there are still a few bugs in it with respect to posting.....patience from all required. :Grin-Nod:

When a website becomes unavailable the question is always; is it just my machine or is it down for everyone? I appreciate the place that our hosts provide and am certainly willing to allow whatever time is needed without any expectations. What we need is an alternate communication protocol - not just for theairlinewebsite but for any website or forum. Someone should start something like that - if any website doesn't load a standard place where everyone goes to just post that it isn't working and allow a backup communication channel.

Unfortunately Still not working properly...can't post a NEW TOPIC . It is about 5 very short paragraphs and I if I copy and paste the entire thing, the "Preview" button comes back as a blank page

If I copy and paste in about 4 small paragraphs, doing two paragraphs at a time, they will "Preview" OK

If I try to add the last paragraph....the "Preview" button shows me a blank page

None of the paragraphs are long....PS.......Tried to add a two line paragraph to this "reply"......hit SAVE CHANGES and the page just froze.

When Matthew was a small boy he wanted nothing more than to be like the other kids. Play ball, make fun of yucky girls—the things that normal six year old boys would do. But he knew as far back as he could remember that he was different than the other kids. Something was different. Something was always different.

“No, no, no!” Matthew McGregor's body lurched forward. Beads of sweat puckered on his forehead. He sat up on the bed looking around trying to shake the fog. His hands were trembling, but he couldn’t recall why. He twisted himself and looked at the clock. 7:20 a.m. A soft light yawned through the crack in the curtain. It was morning now, but somehow it was dark to him—it was always dark.

Snipped!

Show off! :P

Tried it all Judy,

Tried copy/paste into a NEW TOPIC and..................... .

tried copy/paste into a thread already going and in that type of thread I can't get all the 'paste' to stay, in fact the page freezes when I hit the Add Reply button

If I try a NEW TOPIC and hit the POST button, the page goes blank and the browser window has this in it...................................... theairlinewebsite.com/index.php?

I will download FIREFOX and try it...I am using Google Chrome

Guest rattler

Testing the ability to

1. large post

By: Ellis Taylor

Singapore

7 hours ago

Airbus and Comac have signed a memorandum of understanding to work together on initiatives aimed at sustainably growing the air transport industry.

Initially, the two airframers will co-operate on new air traffic management concepts and operations aimed at increasing the fuel efficiency of flights.

“Environmental protection, aircraft safety and a seamless cooperation between industry players are important factors in promoting a sustainable aviation industry,” says Comac president He Dongfeng. “We will strengthen the cooperation with Airbus in areas like global interoperability, sustainability and aircraft safety, deepen the understanding of the world’s latest concepts and operations, best practices and methodologies. Through collaboration, both companies will jointly contribute to the long-term sustainable development of the aviation industry.”

Airbus adds that the two companies plan to expand their cooperation on environmental issues in the future.

Comac is also involved in collaborative research with Boeing on air traffic management issues.

More on this story:

ANALYSIS: ICAO deal signals chance for ATM breakthrough

Controllers gather in Brussels to protest SES plans

Airbus, China line up ATM programme

Boeing-Comac research centre to work on ATM projects

Airbus ProSky to work with Singapore on ATM research

Guest rattler

testing the ability to quote

Testing the ability to

1. large post

By: Ellis Taylor

Singapore

7 hours ago

Airbus and Comac have signed a memorandum of understanding to work together on initiatives aimed at sustainably growing the air transport industry.

Initially, the two airframers will co-operate on new air traffic management concepts and operations aimed at increasing the fuel efficiency of flights.

“Environmental protection, aircraft safety and a seamless cooperation between industry players are important factors in promoting a sustainable aviation industry,” says Comac president He Dongfeng. “We will strengthen the cooperation with Airbus in areas like global interoperability, sustainability and aircraft safety, deepen the understanding of the world’s latest concepts and operations, best practices and methodologies. Through collaboration, both companies will jointly contribute to the long-term sustainable development of the aviation industry.”

Airbus adds that the two companies plan to expand their cooperation on environmental issues in the future.

Comac is also involved in collaborative research with Boeing on air traffic management issues.

More on this story:

ANALYSIS: ICAO deal signals chance for ATM breakthrough

Controllers gather in Brussels to protest SES plans

Airbus, China line up ATM programme

Boeing-Comac research centre to work on ATM projects

Airbus ProSky to work with Singapore on ATM research

posting a long post will hang at the save point.

Editing a short post to make a long post will hang at the save point.

I am using the latest version of Chrome. Short posts seem to be fine.

Hey Judy...............

On behalf of all the members thanks for all the effort, time and work by you and 'the man' to get the site up to its normal self....it is much appreciated. Everything is working fine now, even the PM in my profile :Grin-Nod::Grin-Nod:

Take care and be careful in the sandbox!!

message repeated in the MAINTENANCE thread...cause I think I said I would chat here ?? :biggrin1:

Kip

Archived