Sign in to follow this  
Super 80

Is Trying To Non-Rev Las-Yyc This Week Foolish?

It's "Reading Week" for university students this week in Ontario ... not sure if it's the same all over?

Poor students? Your kidding.

Not in this town.

The only reading going on here will be done at the bars and pubs

What I notice the most about our student population is that they can't read.

How else would you explain all the illegally parked cars and trucks on our streets.

I don't know who is feeding the B.S. about the poor students.

Going out for dinner in this town is near impossible .Parking at the malls?Forget it.

Poor students not.Not able to budget .Most likely.

Whose to blame?

The government with their lax student loan policies,and of course parents who have no idea where their money is going.

I'll bet it was a lot more "affordable" to go to university for them. I am helping my son to pay for his Engineering degree now... I just can't imagine a young person trying to pay for it themselves, working minimum wage jobs...entering the workforce with a huge debt...

By the way, there is no flying off to Cancun during "Reading Week" for him. He is home, studying. :Clever:

Guaranteed our 2 their 1st undergrad degree without student debt if they helped themselves. That meant no reading week beach vacations or summers finding themselves in Nepal. Post-Grad degrees were on their hook. Lived by it, one went on to an MA and the other an MD. Both gainfully employed outside of aviation, student debt paid and making Dad & Mum smile. A realistic student has debt to manage as a fact of life. Prepare them to succeed, not for failure by always giving. What are they going to do when you are gone?

^Live on their inheritance?

That is a joke out here.

Our kids are well aware that the Admiral and I want to depart leaving a "$0.00" balance in the bank and they are all for it. At least my kids attitude concerning our finances is, "You earned it, you go ahead and spend it".

They can sell all the other assets and split the 'loot' three ways...but that is it, funerals, well actually just cremations, are paid for !!

They know that few, if any, funeral processions have a Brink truck following the hearse. :biggrin2:

PS. Like a few here.....they all have traversed the university path, are debt free, (except for those damned mortages), and hold professional jobs :checkmark:

That's okay Malcolm, by the time you need to move in with them, you will likely have reverted back to your childhood and will need their rules and guidance anyways. ;)