Air Canda Changes Travel For Employees

wizard

Air Canada removes the C1J10 pass from all employees including the regional employees, and adds a new c2J9 only for the mainline employees. The new c2J9 will allow a junior AC mainline employee to get on before a 20 year regional employee. The mileage service charge has also been drooped for mainline employees only and the regional employees will still pay the higher mileage service charge. Regional employees get the shaft again from Air Canada for flying benefits.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People have to remember, pass travel is a privilege, not a right. AC sets the policy and they control it. They could pull it completely for the regionals if they wanted to and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Actually, I suppose the regionals could treat AC employees as they're been treated.

For the record, I work for Jazz, not AC. In a perfect world, I'd like to see a reciprocal pass policy with all employees working for or performing work on behalf of AC treated equally..........in a perfect world.

deleted

While I am not certain that your assertion is accurate, are you sure that you want to talk about pass travel on a public forum? Might want to review the applicable company policy :shhh:

If you would like, I will delete your quoted text contained in my post (hint, hint).

While I am not certain that your assertion is accurate, are you sure that you want to talk about pass travel on a public forum? Might want to review the applicable company policy :shhh:

If you would like, I will delete your quoted text contained in my post (hint, hint).

You can do what ever you want with my quoted text Rudder. I'm sure this is not the first post made in regards to travel passes on this website.

I'm sure Westjet will not take the same approach with Encore and make the Encore employees pay more to travel then the Westjet employees.

Yes, but the difference is that Encore will be 100% owned by Westjet. Do you see the difference?

Yes, but the difference is that Encore will be 100% owned by Westjet. Do you see the difference?

And yet you have Rovinescu insisting Jazz remove all traces of its identity and become AC Express. So he's saying "We want the customer to see no difference between you and Air Canada, but did I mention we'll be treating you like second class citizens"?

Removal of C1 for everyone is a mystery. Those seats would go out empty anyway, all eligible pax upgrades should have cleared before passholders could use it. Plus the company would have made money on those who didn't make it up front. Wonder what the foregone $ add up to.

And yet you have Rovinescu insisting Jazz remove all traces of its identity and become AC Express. So he's saying "We want the customer to see no difference between you and Air Canada, but did I mention we'll be treating you like second class citizens"?

You seem to be operating under the assumption the "Chorus" identity is important. The passengers are buying an Air Canada ticket so what reason is there for them to know anything about Chorus?

Removal of C1 for everyone is a mystery. Those seats would go out empty anyway, all eligible pax upgrades should have cleared before passholders could use it. Plus the company would have made money on those who didn't make it up front. Wonder what the foregone $ add up to.

Maybe, just maybe, there is some hint of the company realizing that the few dollars "earned" from selling a C1 isn't worth the loss of goodwill.

You seem to be operating under the assumption the "Chorus" identity is important. The passengers are buying an Air Canada ticket so what reason is there for them to know anything about Chorus?

Where did I say that? What I did point out is the hypocrisy of some executive thinking a big expenditure was necessary to erase the Jazz name in favour of offering all pax the "Air Canada" experience, while at the same time telegraphing to the people offering that experience that they're "second rate".

Maybe, just maybe, there is some hint of the company realizing that the few dollars "earned" from selling a C1 isn't worth the loss of goodwill.

Loss of goodwill from who? Aged retirees choked they're being left behind in Phoenix at expense of someoen who actually has to get back to work?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mo32a" data-cid="1593285" data-time="1358736813"><p>

So if I understand this correctly, if AC owns all the seats on Jazz, does that mean that an AC mainline employee would get priority over a Jazz employee on a Jazz flight?</p></blockquote>

Yes. When I worked for CMA it was the same way. AC employees had priority over CMA employees. Those are AC seats to do with whatever they choose.

The regional employees in the U.S. don't get treated with this kinda disrespect.

Really?

How many regional airline employees in the USA get equivalent travel priority on the mainline carrier?????

For how many years did Jazz employees get C2 at Air Canada prior to 2006? 3-4? And then all pre2006 employees get grandfathered for C2 passes???

How about the Jazz pilot that left to go to AC, now the person hired one day before the Jazz pilot quit to go to AC will be senior to the pilot at AC for travel privileges for the rest of their career...

They should have left things the way they were about 10 years ago....

Air Canada removes the C1J10 pass from all employees including the regional employees, and adds a new c2J9 only for the mainline employees. The new c2J9 will allow a junior AC mainline employee to get on before a 20 year regional employee. The mileage service charge has also been drooped for mainline employees only and the regional employees will still pay the higher mileage service charge. Regional employees get the shaft again from Air Canada for flying benefits.

Check your hat badge! It doesn't say Air Canada! You are a separate company that is solely a service provider to Air Canada, as is Cara, as is Consolidated fuels, as is NavCanada, GTAA......etc.

Those people who provide a service to the airline do not get travel benefits....and as far as I am concerned, Chorus employees, who are no longer owned by Air Canada should not get any benefits for travel unless under the reciprocal jumpseats policy. I just had the luxury of having the wife and 12 year old daughter of a Jazz mechanic bump me off a flight out of Halifax on a C1 a couple of months ago!!! That should NEVER happen....a mainline employee being bumped by a second tier carrier employee! C2 mainline, C4 for contract carriers to me is the way to go.

Remember, if there was no Air Canada...there would be no Jazz! We saw how successful Chorus was outside of the guaranteed 12% profit from the CPA with the Thomas Cook contract. If this CPA goes away in 2020, so will Jazz. jazz should not get any more special consideration on Air Canada airplanes than Westjet does...it's the same percentage of ownership by AC!

As far as MANY of us are concerned...these changes didn't go far enough!

Wow.... Bad hair day i guess :cry_smile:

Jazz has a contract signed with AC on pass privileges. Those must be as close as possible with those enjoyed by mainline. For me, from what i saw in the past policy changes, AC does not respect the spirit of the contract and should be sued by Chorus. BUT, it will never happen as the two managements are too tied...

Hope you had your Connectors/Mainline history course 101 before accepting your brand new job at AC ...

Oups ! Sorry...

Well Bunk... The next time you want to fly on a Jazz aircraft keep that in mind. Jazz pilots, Jazz F/A's, Jazz Mechanics, Jazz Aircraft, Jazz Agents and MAINLINE boards before a Jazz Employee. Does that seem fair even though AC BUYS the seats from JAZZ?

This should go both ways.

Jazz has a contract signed with AC on pass privileges. Those must be as close as possible with those enjoyed by mainline.

Are you sure that's what it says? I've never seen the letter myself but my understanding of it is that it simply says something like "passes will continue to be available for the duration of the contract", not that they will be comparable to mainline or that no changes will be made.

For me, from what i saw in the past policy changes, AC does not respect the spirit of the contract and should be sued by Chorus.

Do you see any irony about having a Chorus employee discussing the "spirit" of the contract? I guess the TC contract in direct competition with AC is to be excluded from that, right?

Archived