Looks Like The Seattle Layovers Are Going To Go Senior....

Seeker

Legalise it all...and give it to those who want it for free. If they want to ruin their lives and eventually die from this crap let them. Eventually it will become clear to even those drawn to this s*** that it will ultimately end in their destruction.

Prohibition does not work. We saw this with alcohol. It just drives it underground and creates crime cartels. Over 50000 people killled in Mexico in the last five years. For what? MONEY. Give it away , take all incentive to deal in drugs away and let the chips fall where they may.

Will it eradicate the problem? No. But it will save countless lives and remove all incentive to participate in the drug trade.

• 7 months later...

Spending as much time in the Los Angeles area as I do, where it might as well be legal for all the enforcement taking place... I would not characterize it as having had a generally positive impact on the community.

The "dispensaries" are tacky, popping up everywhere and attracted an undesirable sort. The smell, that makes me nauseous is practically everywhere. In the condo where I stay the outdoor hallways reek of it... and those damn kids won't stay off my lawn.

I'm not really opposed to decriminalization or a proponent of throwing pot smokers in jail for years, but after spending fifty years as a society trying to denormalize tobacco smoking, i'm not sure why we want to swing the doors open to this.

Archived