Enerjet ?

melcrothers

On CBC YYC this morning, they were reporting that Enerjet is seeking investors so that they can start a more robust scheduled frequency transcon. I guess with the recent news about capacity is currently running 83% + or higher.... there may be room for a super low cost operator !!!! Here we go again !

there are about 6 active bidders for about 700 seats. I wouldn't consider that overly successful marketing.

Of interest, one bidder is new to ebay. This bidder has out bid himself four times on one of the seats to YLW. That seems a little suspect

there are about 6 active bidders for about 700 seats. I wouldn't consider that overly successful marketing.

Of interest, one bidder is new to ebay. This bidder has out bid himself four times on one of the seats to YLW. That seems a little suspect

He hasn't out bid himself....what he has done is enter a MAXIMUM bid and as soon as someone else bids his next highest bid goes on automatically until he reaches the max he put in, or the other guy has bid higher than his max at which time the guy that is outbid can try again... or let it go.. ain't technology wonderful :biggrin1: ???????

And yes, I use EBay quite often....but never for airplane rides !! :biggrin2:

Guest rozar s'macco

I always thought a Dutch auction would be suitable to airfares. Price reduces a set amount daily until sold out. You could add restrictions as time went along to encourage early buying.

I always thought a Dutch auction would be suitable to airfares. Price reduces a set amount daily until sold out. You could add restrictions as time went along to encourage early buying.

The Dutch Auction not to be confused with a "Dutch Rudder" LMAO

SB

Guest rozar s'macco

This is either a revolutionary idea, or desperation. I mean selling tickets on eBay for crissakes? Pretty funny. This is minor league baseball promotion night stuff. BRING IN YOUR WIFE'S PANTIES AND GET A BEER NIGHT. Love it.

Dutch rudder, have to admit I had to urban dictionary it. Nicely done.

Bids on Ebay can be hidden so sometimes it looks like someone is bidding against themselves when in fact a hidden bidder is bidding. If you drill down into the bid history you can see the "hidden bidder" in the list.

There is some moderate technical interest here about the way the tickets are sold, but the bigger news is the part about Enerjet and some New York finance types allegedly trying to raise 80 million in new capital.

As we all know, investors are loathe to put money into airlines. However, every now and again there is a period when the market is more receptive to the airline industry. I seem to recall a period a few years ago when Air Canada, Westjet, and Transat AT all took advantage of such an opportunity to sell a bit more stock. All eyes will be on this deal to see if they can attract any where near 80 million by the end of the year. If they are successful, I suspect a lot of other airlines will rush in as well.

Archived