Way Ot, Anyone Ever Had A Car Customized?

chockalicious

So I have never been a real car guy but have always wanted a big cadillac. I am looking at Ebay and would like to get a 70's era Eldorado. I am not real interested in keeping it original looking, would like it to get it lowered, put some 22's on it and get a custom leather interior.

My questions are; anyone had custom work done? Is there a way to go in so you don't get oversoaked on bills?

Any recommendations for shops in YYC (or Western Canada for that matter)

So I have never been a real car guy but have always wanted a big cadillac. I am looking at Ebay and would like to get a 70's era Eldorado. I am not real interested in keeping it original looking, would like it to get it lowered, put some 22's on it and get a custom leather interior.

My questions are; anyone had custom work done? Is there a way to go in so you don't get oversoaked on bills?

Any recommendations for shops in YYC (or Western Canada for that matter)

Hotchkiss sells lowering kits for most cars, as well as a number of other companies.

it all depends on what you really want to do with the car, it could go from a few hundred to thousands. I am restoring a 69 GTO and i know it is going to cost me close to 15k when it is done.

Hotchkiss sells lowering kits for most cars, as well as a number of other companies.

it all depends on what you really want to do with the car, it could go from a few hundred to thousands. I am restoring a 69 GTO and i know it is going to cost me close to 15k when it is done.

Is it *The JUDGE* ?

Get on the phone with Maverick. By far one of the proudest 'car part' scrounges out there and knows how to build some cool stuff.

He's such a proud and cheap 'flea market car part hoarder' that he'll actually take this as a compliment.

Get on the phone with Maverick. By far one of the proudest 'car part' scrounges out there and knows how to build some cool stuff.

He's such a proud and cheap 'flea market car part hoarder' that he'll actually take this as a compliment.

Can't believe I didn't think of that! Hopefully not too busy with bicycle stuff!

A bit on the pricey side sometimes, but the '76 Eldorado Convertible would be the one to have.... Last year for the convertible (I think the last year of the monster sized boat-like Caddy?)

My old man had one of those.... hard-top though.... I always told him I wanted it when he was done with it, but in the end, he wrote it off in an accident. ... "I guess I'm getting old" he said, "I just didn't see him there." ...Probably just as well.... he'd had it so long he'd had it repainted at least three times.... Probably so much bondo on that thing it actually taxed those 500 cubes? Anyway, ....Bloody nice car!

As for avoiding a fleecing, I think you just have to find someone you can talk turkey with and feel comfortable trusting him.

...But if Mav can give you a direct recommendation, that's the ticket!

A bit on the pricey side sometimes, but the '76 Eldorado Convertible would be the one to have.... Last year for the convertible (I think the last year of the monster sized boat-like Caddy?)

My old man had one of those.... hard-top though.... I always told him I wanted it when he was done with it, but in the end, he wrote it off in an accident. ... "I guess I'm getting old" he said, "I just didn't see him there." ...Probably just as well.... he'd had it so long he'd had it repainted at least three times.... Probably so much bondo on that thing it actually taxed those 500 cubes? Anyway, ....Bloody nice car!

As for avoiding a fleecing, I think you just have to find someone you can talk turkey with and feel comfortable trusting him.

...But if Mav can give you a direct recommendation, that's the ticket!

Yup, was the last year of the monster convert. Interestingly enough a bunch of 76 owners tried suing GM when they re-introduced convertible caddies in the 80's.

I want a true big ass land yacht to tool around in during the summer. I have been on E-bay and Craigslist and there are a few to be had. I don't need original as not looking it as an investment, want something I can drive! I want to make it a bit low riderish but not an actual lowrider.

Best advise you will ever get...buy some one else's finished project. I am 11 years into a 1932 Ford roadster and it still has not left the garage drivable. The infamous "Mav" was with me when we retrieved the drivetrain from the wrecker and some of the parts at various swap meets. Meanwhile, I have had two 1955 Chevy pickups, a 1965 Chevy pickup and my present ride, a 02 Corvette convertible, as the Deuce awaits completion.

Archived