Pilot Sick In Rumour Starts In Yyz

LongTimer V

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fact and reality are not the same. Maybe all these pilots are really sick (although union leadership telling pilots not to pull this stunt makes me doubt that). But to the public's reality , it's pilots acting illegally and causing disruption.

And annoy more customers driving them to the competition and ensure the trip to CCAA comes faster. Good plan.

How can you possible think this is an effective strategy? What good comes of this? So you had your temper tantrum like some three year old at Safeway. Then what?

I think what you are seeing is the natural result of years of corporate theft, while using our passengers as human shields.

Each time something has been taken away, or some other dirty trick implemented, the underlying assumption has been that there will be no effective consequence, as that would affect our passengers. The irony in this is that, while calling pilots a bunch of whiners and losers, the corporation is simultaneously relying on the knowledge that we are neither. We put our passengers ahead of ourselves, as we should, despite the increasingly difficult conditions into which we have been placed.

There has always been an open question of, how much can the corporation extract from its employees before the individuals reach their tipping point, where they just cannot go on? I think we are seeing the answer to that question now. The number of colleagues that I know now looking for work, some, like me, approaching retirement and now preparing to simply leave and take the early retirement hit, suggests that the disruption now is nothing like what is going to happen as soon as pilots actually start to leave.

I am not saying that I counsel, or even necessarily support what is taking place today. I am saying that the stress and frustration, exhaustion and personal conflict levels among my co-workers is as high as I have ever seen at any company that I have worked for. Something has to give. If the pilot(s) involved look in the mirror and say to themself that they should not be in a flight deck today, then for goodness sake they should not be near an aircraft. It should not take much common sense to see that.

Vs

I think what you are seeing is the natural result of years of corporate theft, while using our passengers as human shields.

Each time something has been taken away, or some other dirty trick implemented, the underlying assumption has been that there will be no effective consequence, as that would affect our passengers. The irony in this is that, while calling pilots a bunch of whiners and losers, the corporation is simultaneously relying on the knowledge that we are neither. We put our passengers ahead of ourselves, as we should, despite the increasingly difficult conditions into which we have been placed.

There has always been an open question of, how much can the corporation extract from its employees before the individuals reach their tipping point, where they just cannot go on? I think we are seeing the answer to that question now. The number of colleagues that I know now looking for work, some, like me, approaching retirement and now preparing to simply leave and take the early retirement hit, suggests that the disruption now is nothing like what is going to happen as soon as pilots actually start to leave.

I am not saying that I counsel, or even necessarily support what is taking place today. I am saying that the stress and frustration, exhaustion and personal conflict levels among my co-workers is as high as I have ever seen at any company that I have worked for. Something has to give. If the pilot(s) involved look in the mirror and say to themself that they should not be in a flight deck today, then for goodness sake they should not be near an aircraft. It should not take much common sense to see that.

Vs

Well spoken.

Respectfully,

Dork

Well I for one,I'm gonna go out on a limb here

I think the pilots are really sick and tired of the bull$hit

and when cornered,you do what you have to do

Still sitting in your office at Tim Horton's, I see. Retirement has changed nothing.

Still sitting in your office at Tim Horton's, I see. Retirement has changed nothing.

At least he has done this job, unlike the armchair quarterbacks such as yourself.

And the difference between you two is?

...contrary to what you might think, I have no office, in fact I haven't had an office for over two decades.

Like so many others were, we are people of the world.

Perhaps you're at starbucks or http://www.wackers-kaffee.de/ .

Maybe you're at home with that expresso machine from airmiles.

I can't tell a difference.

I'm suffering through a cup of Nabob homebrew.

Can anyone out there tell me exactly what today's action is supposed to achieve for AC's pilots? I just don't get it.

I'm at a loss too. While I understand the desire to resist being bullied I see no positive outcome from this.

I have no recommendation on how to stop those that have been holding our company hostage and bleeding it of any value.

I don't know what the major beef was with the IAM's TA.

I don't see a happy ending.

I am dusting off my resume.

Perhaps some ACPA members believe that if AC files for CCAA that CR will have effectively lost control and therefore they win. I guess that is the ultimate scorched earth strategy.

However, I expect that CR is prepared for all contingencies and Sean Dunphy is just one of the assets at his disposal. I would not want to take on the lion inside the lion cage.

You're still ducking the question of what you expect today's action to achieve. Do you not want to address it?

I'll bite.

Removal of CR by the BOD and a replacement with someone less confrontational and more attuned to the employee's concerns.

This can't continue much longer without someone's head rolling.

Perhaps some ACPA members believe that if AC files for CCAA that CR will have effectively lost control and therefore they win. I guess that is the ultimate scorched earth strategy.

However, I expect that CR is prepared for all contingencies and Sean Dunphy is just one of the assets at his disposal. I would not want to take on the lion inside the lion cage.

Rudder. I'm with you on this one. I guess we are all just along for the ride.

Dork

Archived