Attn: "Birthers"....

I feel fortunate because I have been outside the country for the last 5 weeks and have escaped the nonsense. I will arrive home this weekend to vote on Tuesday and I think that I am able to do as good a job of voting even though I have missed all of the crap.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel fortunate because I have been outside the country for the last 5 weeks and have escaped the nonsense. I will arrive home this weekend to vote on Tuesday and I think that I am able to do as good a job of voting even though I have missed all of the crap.

Yeah.... except for one small thing.... :Clever: the vote is on Monday.

But the rest is right... you're lucky to not have been here. And you're probably better equipped to vote than those who have been bombarded for the past few weeks. Not sure what the news will report on next week... No election, no royal wedding, we know where Obama was born.... back to Lindsay Lohan, I guess.

I heard a political commentator on the radio tonight. He said that he believes that much of the swing towards Jack Layton and the NDP is a direct response to the negative campaigns of the Conservatives and the Liberals. I can understand the emotion but I fear the consequences. Too bad we don't have a Rhino candidate in this riding ...

I guess we can all thank Obama for withholding a document that even his own party requested years ago. Looks like a certain state bill is gaining moment making it mandatory for any future USA presidential hopeful to present evidence of birth in the USA.

As I said previously, it must have been an insurmountable task for Obama and his team to take the time to present such a document. Thank you for taking that time, from your busy schedule, while saving the world! :icon_pray:

Handy..

I'll take the time to respond to your query. The President did in fact (and long ago) produce his birth certificate. That document was basically the one you and I would produce if requested to produce a "birth certificate".

That was not enough for the so-called "birthers". They wanted the long-form "statement of live birth". The President could not authorize the release of that document. It is NOT a "public record". It is a State document. In order to obtain production, it was necessary to get a Court Order for production with the consent of the State and the health institution involved. Their consent and the resulting Order was a significant departure from the norm...all to satisfy a few nutbars of whom (I hope) you are not one!!

CP FA said; "That's the whole point. It's not about whether or not he was born in the United States. It's about planting seeds of doubt that blossom into fear, and that fear is used as a tool to manipulate those ignorant masses into voting the way you want them to."

I think this statement is likely to be quite accurate.

But then; "The next big thing is how the hell did that (black) guy get into an Ivy League school."?

Isn't this 'suggestion' a little off the mark? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I understand the issue to be more of a 'how did he get into an Ivy League School' with his less than stellar grades versus one of skin colour?

BTW, why does everyone keep calling him the 'first' black President, etc, when in 'fact', he's half white?

You're exactly right DEFCON. I kind of think the issue legitimizes questioning the integrity of an accomplished person not of the caucasion mix. Equality and race relations have taken a step backwards.

CP FA

I think the 'affirmative action' admitance is an interesting consideration and perhaps it's accurate? Alternatively, as I understand the issue; Henry Kissenger, a Republican, became Obama's 'Mentor' sometime shortly before his admitance to the 'Ivy League'. Hmmm?

U.D., if this is true, it certainly isn't presented that way in mainstream media reports! When you Google the differences between short form and long form none of what you state is mentioned.

Handyman

Handy..

I'll take the time to respond to your query. The President did in fact (and long ago) produce his birth certificate. That document was basically the one you and I would produce if requested to produce a "birth certificate".

That was not enough for the so-called "birthers". They wanted the long-form "statement of live birth". The President could not authorize the release of that document. It is NOT a "public record". It is a State document. In order to obtain production, it was necessary to get a Court Order for production with the consent of the State and the health institution involved. Their consent and the resulting Order was a significant departure from the norm...all to satisfy a few nutbars of whom (I hope) you are not one!!

U.D., if this is true, it certainly isn't presented that way in mainstream media reports! When you Google the differences between short form and long form none of what you state is mentioned.

Handyman

You're not serious. You're basing your opinions on "mainstream media"? And who doesn't know about long form birth certificates? You really think those little plastic cards are legal documents? C'mon handy: you're smarter than that!

Hey Moon, You're not serious are you? You do know we are talking about a document from a different country? Can you show me a "little plastic card" issued from Hawaii? As for media newsprint, what do you read...The Guardian? :dueling:

hawaii-birth-certificate-1963.jpg

You're not serious. You're basing your opinions on "mainstream media"? And who doesn't know about long form birth certificates? You really think those little plastic cards are legal documents? C'mon handy: you're smarter than that!

I am not an Obama hater or even consider myself a "birther". However, I am always amussed by how angry some get and then resort to name calling anyone who questions the mantra of the left!

Kip, you can choose to ignore this thread if you are capable of ignoring anything. :Scratch-Head:

Archived