Attn: "Birthers"....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.cnn.com/2...th.certificate/

So will the idiots finally STFU?

Probably not...y'know the CIA and all those other departments are pretty good at forgery.........some will say........and on and on and on it goes.......Hell, even "The Donald" said he would have to take another look !!!:Grin-Nod: :Grin-Nod:

UFOs, Moon landing, 9/11....so much to consider :Nodding:

Comment on another forum that I agree with. These losers will just move on to something else.

There are libraries full of sociology research demonstrating that when people who believe falsehoods, especially conspiratorial ones, are confronted with documentary evidence proving their beliefs wrong, their reaction is to believe the falsehoods even more strongly.

Nothing will change. A large subset of the U.S. population is ignorant, paranoid and proud of both.

That's the whole point. It's not about whether or not he was born in the United States. It's about planting seeds of doubt that blossom into fear, and that fear is used as a tool to manipulate those ignorant masses into voting the way you want them to. Donald Trump gave a news conference this morning that cut into scheduled programming, congratulating himself on his historic achievement of finally solving the mystery of Obama's birth. (Do they really think that no one looked at Obama's papers before he was sworn in?)

The next big thing is how the hell did that (black) guy get into an Ivy League school.

I think it's time for full disclosure on Donald Trump's hair.

(Do they really think that no one looked at Obama's papers before he was sworn in?)

Stunning, isn't it? ... then, an awful lot of them really think GWB was a good prez... and, even more amazingly, a number of them really think Sarah Palin is worth listening to. :Scratch-Head:

I haven't been the US in a long time... Has the whole country become a trailer park? :mellow:

Stunning, isn't it? ... then, an awful lot of them really think GWB was a good prez... and, even more amazingly, a number of them really think Sarah Palin is worth listening to. :Scratch-Head:

I haven't been the US in a long time... Has the whole country become a trailer park? :mellow:

I don't think the whole country has become a trailer park but rational discourse has been overtaken by the screeching of the howler monkeys. The fact that Donald Trump leads in polls of Republican voters would be laughable if it was not so pathetic.

Are you saying there's something wrong with trailer park people?

WARNING: Some may find the language offensive. However, everything else in the video is perfectly normal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evCj25UtfLM

Hey guys. Do any of you know how the birther thing started in the first place? It was started by "The Clintons" and other left wing wakko's followed. I agree that there are many more important things going on in the U.S. and the world for that matter. Obama's advisors told him he must produce the document because the issue was not going to go away,and, he was slipping badly in the polls and it was going to affect his re-election in Nov 2012. Trump was very gracious in his response to the release of the document. It's gratifying to finally see someone with the cajones to stand up and call the President on his poor governense. The President has not won anyone over in the last 2.5 years, even the left leaning media in the U.S. and around the world are now seeing him for the JOKE that he is. Trump will never be President but he has more leadership skills in his pinky than B.O. will ever have. Check out what GWB is up to these days. Miss him yet.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/110426-president-george-bush

I'm sorry. Was that a joke? Sometimes and I'm sure this is one of such times, a writer will so overstate a proposition as to invite ridicule of that proposition. I'm guessing that this was such an attempt.

Of course...I could be wrong!

Although I don't think where you are born should matter, you really have to ask why it wasn't presented years ago when the Clintons asked.

Today the Democrats are saying it was such a useless distraction when there are so many more important issues to focus on. What a load of crap, if my airline or any Government office asked me for a copy of my Birth Certificate it would take me no more than a few minutes to scan and send it. My busy life would barely notice the minimal effort it would take.

So Obama, why was it so difficult? :Scratch-Head:

I kind of think Mitch had a good idea. It certainly brings the FOXnicks and TRUMPettes out in the open.

I kind of think the whole thing was beneath the office of the president (send me a PM if you FOXnicks still don't get it) but it's great that Obama graciously relented and can move on to more imprtant things. I'm personally hoping hope he can address the faked moon landing because that one really needs to be brought into the light. And maybe that whole Area 51, captured aliens, thing should be put to rest as well.

And then theres the neverending....ooops can't continue - gotta go catch Celebrity Apprentice - quality TV is so rare I hate to miss an episode( I think somebody's getting the can tonight ).

Zipped, Step away from the FOX. It's fiction, all of it. The U.S. Republicans and their policies brought the world's economy to the edge of a depression and it will be a decade before the U.S. recovers. The birther/Bircher issues are distractions. Try changing the channel.

.....Step away from the FOX. ....

Do not maginalize the debate by just attacking one side. Have you seen what MSNBC and their talking heads are saying?

I am out of the country so I am trying to keep current by watching anything in English to figure out what is going on. I ran across MSNBC last night and their evening commentator was railing on and on and calling Trump every name that he could think of. It was the lone commentator for about 15 minutes on the same subject.

FIRE Him!

Deny Him air time!

Lock him up!

He is a traitor!

He stopped short of asking someone to assasinate Trump (maybe that comes tonight)

This is how American politics works and this is the direction that Canadian politics is heading.

Demonize the other side with statements that are either false, exagerated, hyperbole or preferably all three. Eventually enough people will believe anything if it is repeated often enough.

The rabble on the Internet and TV land can only see things in Black and White so do not talk about Grey or about analysing the issues.

unfortunately the media is the messenger. What ever slant they put on it (left ot right) that is what they are selling. By demonizing the "other guy" they are promoting their guy. In North America people tend to believe what they hear or read on the news no matter what the spin. You see the commercials for Truth in Advertizing what about truth in News Broadcasting?

I guess we can all thank Obama for withholding a document that even his own party requested years ago. Looks like a certain state bill is gaining moment making it mandatory for any future USA presidential hopeful to present evidence of birth in the USA.

As I said previously, it must have been an insurmountable task for Obama and his team to take the time to present such a document. Thank you for taking that time, from your busy schedule, while saving the world! :icon_pray:

It's all moot anyway. If the Terminator decides to run for president, the republicans will find a way to make it legal, and the birthers will point to Obama as the precedent.

And for those who are still questioning why he took so long to produce his birth certificate, (even though he already did so in 2008 when this first came up), I say again, do you really think that before he was sworn in as president, NOBODY bothered to do a background check?

This is how American politics works and this is the direction that Canadian politics is heading.

Demonize the other side with statements that are either false, exagerated, hyperbole or preferably all three. Eventually enough people will believe anything if it is repeated often enough.

Totally agree! I am very active politically but I can't stand watching the ads by every party, just attack attack attack.

The "debates" were anything but, simply an opportunity to attack some more and hope the "other guy" steps in it so they can jump all over him again. Pathetic, demeaning, disgusting and demoralizing. I would love nothing better than a reasoned honest discussion of platforms by the leaders saying what they would like to implement, cut, provide, and how they would fund these plans.

Then have unbiased economists, perhaps the auditor general discuss how realistic the plans would be and what their effect on Canadians way of life and cost of living would be.

Just dreaming, I know. :cry_smile:

Having said that, I have already voted. :Nodding:

Archived