AC/ ACPA Tentative Agreement

FA@AC

Moeman, the pilots are the only people on board legally required to eat, that's why they always get fed.

Wow. I didn't know that. So when they refuse the meal I should call the cops? I mean, they're legally required to eat, so it's illegal for them to NOT eat then, right? How about if they only eat some of their meal? Is that OK? :whistling:

What's your point? I don't care if you have meals boarded or not or how much per-diem you get as long as you don't dictate what I get and how much I should be compensated.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do know that all the seats on your airplane are paid for, and belong, to Air Canada right? As for dictating the pass policy; the company makes adjustments to this policy from time to time - seems like it's been overdue and a change really should have been made when the ownership of Jazz changed, no?

I guess you missed the news on a deal that Jazz management and AC struck about a year ago regarding the pass policy as it applies to Jazz employees. Basically no change for Jazz employees vis a vis AC for the duration of the current CPA (2020). Hope you team had larger issues than this to resolve.

You've got to admit. It's the most "lively" thread---and involves the most interesting expression of opinions---since the last thread on "the lawsuit".

Gotta say---I'll put up some of "my" FA's against "your" pilots anytime in a good debate! By the way, Moe---you're a "shirt"!!

Wow. I didn't know that. So when they refuse the meal I should call the cops? I mean, they're legally required to eat, so it's illegal for them to NOT eat then, right? How about if they only eat some of their meal? Is that OK? :whistling:

What's your point? I don't care if you have meals boarded or not or how much per-diem you get as long as you don't dictate what I get and how much I should be compensated.

Let me rephrase, "food available". You seem to have a problem with pilots in general and their overall work environment/rules. Just pointing something out that you may not be aware of.

Basically no change for Jazz employees vis a vis AC for the duration of the current CPA (2020).

Are you sure that what it says? My understanding is that the agreement simply says Jazz employees will continue to have passes but that it does not say that there will be no change to priority, status or charges.

Seeker - Are you saying then, that AC Employees will continue to enjoy the same boarding priority when travelling on Jazz - because their airline "owns" all of the seats on Jazz. But the Jazz employees will all have C3 priority when travelling on mainline? If so, I don't think that's going to "fly" so well with the Jazz folks.

Yup, that's what I'm saying. AC owns all those seats and can do whatever it wants with them. Of course Air Canada wants the Jazz (sorry, Chorus) employees to be happy so maybe it won't happen that way after all.

Well, this is amusing. I'd expect there are more weighty issues, and gains, for ACPA than anything to do with passes.

There are many "weightier" issues but we just don't have the details yet - soon I hope.

Let me rephrase, "food available". You seem to have a problem with pilots in general and their overall work environment/rules. Just pointing something out that you may not be aware of.

You have me completely wrong. I have no problem with anything or anybody, "in general", nor do I care too much about your work rules as long as they don't attempt to define my work rules. I do, however, have a problem with any union that tries to elevate it's members to a loftier status than other employees when it comes to what should be universal "rights" within the company. That's all.

Your original statement, as funny as it was, is nothing new to me. I know why pilots get food on just about every flight. What's interesting to me is how you completely missed the point. So let me be really clear about it. I have no idea if this is why pilots' per-diems are lower than FA's, nor do I know if that's even a factual statement, but if pilots are constantly given crew meals and flight attendants are provided with them less frequently, wouldn't it make sense that flight attendants receive a higher per-diem? Or are you saying that pilots should receive hot meals and then get compensated for the meal too?

Anyway, I'm glad you guys managed to hammer something out in good time and I hope the rest of us can do the same. I only hope that you didn't throw anybody under the bus to get whatever it is that you got.

Upper Deck mentioned the infamous lawsuit. When is it and any news? Time to get this out of the way.

Actually, Sky, that is a very good question given that the lawsuit POTENTIALLY will have a far greater impact upon the present lifestyles of many pilots than the new CA.

The trial officially started March 16th and is underway. I am told that some number of the defendant class have been "released". They can carry on their lives with nary a backward glance.

As for the rest? Well...if the evidence and submissions are completed in June then one can hope that a decision will be rendered by Sept. unless, of course, there was no merit in the claim(s) and it is dismissed without the necessity of "due reflection".

At a guess...I'd say that ACPA members are fully apprised as to current circs.

Are you sure that what it says? My understanding is that the agreement simply says Jazz employees will continue to have passes but that it does not say that there will be no change to priority, status or charges.

without posting the whole memo here is the opening

"We are happy to confirm that personal travel privileges for Jazz employees under the Air Canada travel program remain unchanged for the duration of the existing capacity purchase agreement (CPA), which is in effect until 2020."

The details follow inthe body of the memo. Could be management is lying or misrepresentin the facts,,like that never happens <_<

A recent quote for you, from the powers to be:

"There are only three seats, we don't own on a Jazz (CPA) Aircraft."

It is no different than a Charter Flight, the Customer gets to pick who - rides.

(Two Pilots and One F/A, ...in case you were wondering)

without posting the whole memo here is the opening

"We are happy to confirm that personal travel privileges for Jazz employees under the Air Canada travel program remain unchanged for the duration of the existing capacity purchase agreement (CPA), which is in effect until 2020."

The details follow inthe body of the memo. Could be management is lying or misrepresentin the facts,,like that never happens <_<

From the ammended CPA, Jan 1, 2006:

Section 3.19 Employee Travel. Air Canada will extend to Jazz employees

duty/deadhead/business travel and personal travel privileges on flights operated by Air

Canada and on flights operated by Jazz pursuant to this Agreement. Such travel privileges for

Jazz employees and their eligible dependants will be subject to Air Canada's travel policy in

effect from time to time during the Term. Air Canada and Jazz acknowledge that all Air Canada

duty/deadhead/business and personal travel policies, including boarding priorities,

passholder eligibility, fees and charges, payment methods, available routing and destinations

are subject to change.

Hearing that as well, along with it being a 4 year deal.

Not much more at this point, hopefully next week.

(*Conjecture only*)

I can see there being give and take in the negots but what happens in 15-20 years when these new hires out number the remaining DB? Its not the first time for a sell out but a divide on an issue this big could hurt the current pilots later.

Archived