Bad Press for Sunwing

Say Altitude

Between us (SWG), Porter, and the occosional jab at AC, I've never seen someone take so much pleasure in the misfortunes of others....

AC?

Not from me. Frankly, I've been impressed with many of their accomplishments over the past couple of years. I don't think many would confuse the AC of 10 years ago with the AC of today.

The easiest way to parry the jabs is to put up numbers. Instead, there is a continuous stream of claims from Sunwing and Porter that are, at best, questionable, and therefore draw further commentary.

As I've said before, when the root causes of the consistent sources of complaints are eliminated, Sunwing's bottom line, and therefore, long term viability, will improve.

Judging by the pattern of complaints over the past few months, the issues are not improving. It surprises me that they apparently haven't taken the actions required to fix the problems.

I do not envy Sunwing's frontline personnel who have to deal with irate customers and problems on a recurring basis.

B)

Guest flywest

I wasn’t questioning your logic or disputing your facts, I was criticizing your delivery.

I know things seem black and white and quite sterile from the vantage point of the office, and I’m sure pouring over the competitions accumulated complaints and financial results can take on the feel of game or a hobby.

However; please do have a care, and remember that the ego’s of people like you, are all too often paid for by the careers of people like me.

However; please do have a care, and remember that the ego’s of people like you, are all too often paid for by the careers of people like me.

Flywest,

VERY WELL SAID.

Very true, very very well said.

Some people's ego's are bigger than their head.

:Clap-Hands: :Clap-Hands: :Clap-Hands:

Thoughts from a "Dot".:)

So you're driving down the hi-way and you come upon a traffic accident…no one dead, just a bunch of twisted metal, few minor injuries and folks bemoaning the fact that their travel plans are now out the window and they have to seek alternate means of travel until they acquire new wheels. You drive on, happy no one was killed and perhaps feeling a bit more secure with your driving skills…after all you were not involved.

The airline industry is very similar to that "accident" and certainly employees align themselves with their employer and their company peers…after all they don't want to seek 'wheels' in a different company , they want to stay where they are, they want security and job satisfaction. Each time another player bids adieu, and looses their 'wheels' ,employees of the surviving companies "drive on", secure for the moment, that they now have a better chance at survival with one more player off the aviation " hi-way".

No airline employee wants another employee in a competing company to loose their job, no one 'outwardly' gloats when their professional peers are suddenly unemployed ……..but…if that other company 'tanks"....well... you are not being honest if you are not a little bit relieved, when that little voice in your subconscious says "better them than us".

Think of all the airline companies both large and small here in Canada that have gone under and those that have come very close to the edge…….If one is "aligned" with a company that has never had that experience or never come close to the edge, one does have a sense of satisfaction and perhaps it does bolster one's ego in the sense that they feel fairly secure…however…. I do fail to see how discussing/debating the pros and cons of any flying organization could be classified as having one's ego paid for by the diminished careers of others.

This is a public forum, with many POVs , some opposing others, but in the end….what is written and espoused here will have no bearing on the survival or demise of any existing aviation Company in Canada……the players, some better informed than others, are merely voicing opinions, and in many instances egos are bruised because in some cases the truth does hurt.

And finally…... life is nothing but time and choices…if during the passage of your time, you always make the right choice…then you are an extremely fortunate person.

Thoughts from a "Dot".:)

So you're driving down the hi-way and you come upon a traffic accident…no one dead, just a bunch of twisted metal, few minor injuries and folks bemoaning the fact that their travel plans are now out the window and they have to seek alternate means of travel until they acquire new wheels. You drive on, happy no one was killed and perhaps feeling a bit more secure with your driving skills…after all you were not involved.

The airline industry is very similar to that "accident" and certainly employees align themselves with their employer and their company peers…after all they don't want to seek 'wheels' in a different company , they want to stay where they are, they want security and job satisfaction. Each time another player bids adieu, and looses their 'wheels' ,employees of the surviving companies "drive on", secure for the moment, that they now have a better chance at survival with one more player off the aviation " hi-way".

No airline employee wants another employee in a competing company to loose their job, no one 'outwardly' gloats when their professional peers are suddenly unemployed ……..but…if that other company 'tanks"....well... you are not being honest if you are not a little bit relieved, when that little voice in your subconscious says "better them than us".

Think of all the airline companies both large and small here in Canada that have gone under and those that have come very close to the edge…….If one is "aligned" with a company that has never had that experience or never come close to the edge, one does have a sense of satisfaction and perhaps it does bolster one's ego in the sense that they feel fairly secure…however…. I do fail to see how discussing/debating the pros and cons of any flying organization could be classified as having one's ego paid for by the diminished careers of others.

This is a public forum, with many POVs , some opposing others, but in the end….what is written and espoused here will have no bearing on the survival or demise of any existing aviation Company in Canada……the players, some better informed than others, are merely voicing opinions, and in many instances egos are bruised because in some cases the truth does hurt.

And finally…... life is nothing but time and choices…if during the passage of your time, you always make the right choice…then you are an extremely fortunate person.

All good stuff Kip, but makes it frustrating for all is that most of the problems that cause the train wrecks are fairly easily solved.

There's something in the industry that causes a ton of "stinkin' thinkin'" that results in nothing but headaches and heartaches for the rank and file.

How many times have you seen the same mistakes being made over and over and over, or heard someone say something to the effect of, "It's the airline business. It's not the same as the real world. This is how we do things here".

It usually can be translated into something along the lines of "We haven't a clue what we're doing and have run out of anything that resembles a good idea. Please promote me further up the food chain."

:cool:

• 1 year later...

just got back from cuba on the 3rd. payed for 8 got 7 when we relized we had to check out of our room and wait 17hr to get our plane we were told to see our sunwing rep. he told us to live with it. we told him that we will never fly sunwing again he just left, didn't give a **bleep**. have you ever tried to complain to sunwing, WHERE they might get back to you 4/6 weeks bullshit

just got back from cuba on the 3rd. payed for 8 got 7 when we relized we had to check out of our room and wait 17hr to get our plane we were told to see our sunwing rep. he told us to live with it. we told him that we will never fly sunwing again he just left, didn't give a **bleep**. have you ever tried to complain to sunwing, WHERE they might get back to you 4/6 weeks bullshit

Sunwing's crap reviews keep piling up in all the typical locations on the net.

Meanwhile, even after WJ's supposedly infamous 757 IROP in OGG, I have yet to see a review that details the situation. I'm not say something coudn't be found after digging for a while, but for all the handwringing, including post after post on this site, it truly was a tempest in a teapot.

It's how the bad situations are handled that separates the men from the boys when it comes to customer care issues.

In matters such as these, Sunwing remains a thumb sucking infant.

Caveat Emptor

Sunwing's crap reviews keep piling up in all the typical locations on the net.

Meanwhile, even after WJ's supposedly infamous 757 IROP in OGG, I have yet to see a review that details the situation. I'm not say something coudn't be found after digging for a while, but for all the handwringing, including post after post on this site, it truly was a tempest in a teapot.

It's how the bad situations are handled that separates the men from the boys when it comes to customer care issues.

In matters such as these, Sunwing remains a thumb sucking infant.

Caveat Emptor

WS looked after their 757 plane load of passengers until they finally departed OGG. End of that story. No real headline.

It appears Sunwing has some major customer service issues to be resolved.

Archived