Toronto Island

skyline

But would such a deal be a good deal for Air Canada? If it were don't you think that Mr. Milton et al would have already done so?

The reason why the CPA was so good for Jazz was so that Milton could inflate the value of Jazz based on a spectacular contract with the mainline. The more money ACE got for Jazz meant more money in Milton's pocket.

A lot of people hold a lot against Milton simply because of the money he made. He didn't make it from AC or the employees at AC... he made it from the shareholders of ACE. Personally, on the surface, if that's the commission he negotiated, then more power to him. My problem with it was that he saddled AC with a hugely expensive CPA to create that inflated value.

That got corrected with the renegotiated CPA last year and reflects in the Jazz stock price.

As far as using other carriers, Air Canada already uses other airlines for feed which have quite experienced and competent pilots. It is only natural that they would find the trusted partner who provides them with the best rate of return.

LOL, doncha just love it when those who moan about how Jazz pilots are driving down pay for 757 pilots turn around an nearly wet themselves with glee about Tier 3's driving down pilot pay? :rolleyes:

I hope you're not talking about me because I know how the 757 rates are being calculated and I never said anything about driving the pay rate down. Furthermore, adding another CPA agreement won't necessarily drive down pilot pay although it might reduce the flowthrough cash for the investors.

The remains of Skyservice were sniffing around for ATR' -500's earlier this year, six of each.

Maybe that might explain this (the fax number listed is/was the SkyService HR department):

SKY REGIONAL AIRLINES INC.

New Airline is recruiting motivated and enthusiastic Pilots for a fleet of DHC-8 Q400's. Pilots will be based in Toronto and Montreal. Previous Dash 8 Experience would be an asset. Please send your resume to: careers@skyregional.com or Fax: (905) 678-5719. Must be Canadian Citizen / have legal right to live and work in Canada.

Workopolis Ad

Flew PD ( YTZ-YUL-YTZ )Friday at noon 27 seats sold, back Sunday the 19th at 15:30, 30 seats sold. Heck of a lot of pax for AC to fight over. That said looked at some of PD's advance bookings on one of the res engines and their advance sales on a lot of their flights over the next two weeks look pretty good.

Of course its hard to know how many in each bucket are being sold.

Their new big problem is that they have flights every 30 minutes at some hours and these are going out with very light loads, but I guess they have to do something with all those Q-400s. Other thing I noticed is that even with the seat sale, they are more expensive than AC in Tango on many of their flights.

Maybe that might explain this (the fax number listed is/was the SkyService HR department):

To clarify, that fax number is for the HR department at the Skyservice FBO. The airline's phone numbers at the Fasken office were in the 416 area code.

SKYREGIONAL.COM...

Registrant:

Phil Umrysh

6120 Midfield Rd

Mississauga, ON L5P 1B1

Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: SKYREGIONAL.COM

Created on: 26-Aug-10

Expires on: 26-Aug-15

Last Updated on: 02-Sep-10

Administrative Contact:

Umrysh, Phil phil_umrysh@skyservicebas.com

6120 Midfield Rd

Mississauga, ON L5P 1B1

Canada

+1.9056785848 Fax --

Technical Contact:

Umrysh, Phil phil_umrysh@skyservicebas.com

6120 Midfield Rd

Mississauga, ON L5P 1B1

Canada

+1.9056785848 Fax --

Re AC not wanting Jazz to do the island, maybe Jazz is stretched to the point where they don't want to take on the additional work load? Must be quite busy with their present commitments + providing aircrew for their new contract charter business.

Let's see.......focus time and effort on logistics and training for (temporary) Q400 ops into YTZ or logistics and training for large narrowbody flying to Caribbean (and eventually Europe and Hawaii). One will change the face of Jazz for years to come creating many new growth opportunities, and the other will last as long as AC sees YTZ as the flavour of the month.

Tough choice :Scratch-Head:

Wonder where the Q 400's are coming from. Seems that all the ones on the production line are spoken for. Even the planes SAS traded back have found new homes. I can't see AC Jazz handing over the ones they have on order since they are supposed to replace crj's whose leases are not being renewed.

Guess they could always ask Deluce to lease some of his. :stirthepot:

SBA and SSV are 2 completely different companies circa 2007. One of the 2 no longer exists. Not sure if anybody bought the SSV OC out of the liquidation process. Regardless, this is SBA that is involved in the AC YTZ RFP.

At least Porter will now have a preview of what AC has planned. Forewarned is forearmed.

Wonder where the Q 400's are coming from. Seems that all the ones on the production line are spoken for. Even the planes SAS traded back have found new homes. I can't see AC Jazz handing over the ones they have on order since they are supposed to replace crj's whose leases are not being renewed.

Guess they could always ask Deluce to lease some of his. :stirthepot:

I believe eight of the eleven Lynx Q400's are still available (three are being retained for Aspen, Durango and Colorado Springs service)

In this strange world, perhaps we could even see Porter carrying AC code. cool26.gif

I am not sure why Russ Payson would expose himself in this battleground but I believe an Aeroplan connection will be part of the deal with Sky Regional Airlines. Payson's FBO in YUL, YYZ and YYC are very successful and pretty much a licence to print money. Those exec types pay big dollars to have a red carpet rolled out each time the parking brake is set. However, jumping into sked service in Canada seems to be the kiss of death.

Good luck to anyone involved with this venture and there is nothing wrong with some honest competition in the YYZ/YOW/YTZ market. However, I think SRA will have to ramp up to beat Porter's level of service. The pilot payscales will be interesting to hear about too.

bd

I am not sure why Russ Payson would expose himself in this battleground but I believe an Aeroplan connection will be part of the deal with Sky Regional Airlines. Payson's FBO in YUL, YYZ and YYC are very successful and pretty much a licence to print money. Those exec types pay big dollars to have a red carpet rolled out each time the parking brake is set. However, jumping into sked service in Canada seems to be the kiss of death.

Good luck to anyone involved with this venture and there is nothing wrong with some honest competition in the YYZ/YOW/YTZ market. However, I think SRA will have to ramp up to beat Porter's level of service. The pilot payscales will be interesting to hear about too.

bd

Perhaps he needs a tax write-off (too much profit) or better yet perhaps he is simply bored!

Archived