Enerjet and the fat lady

thor

It appears that they are going ultra lean till the spring is what I was told. Attitudes and egos? not sure to whom you're referring but I'm sure that none of the Capts there are seeking employment with WJ. You are correct in that they all had reasons for leaving, and some were not treated very well when they left. I myself am still embarrassed by the way some of these day one pilots were treated by WJ when they left.I lost a lot of faith after I witnessed, and listened to, what happened on their departure. It's still a great job here and I'm happy at WJ, but after what happened to these day one people I'm just going to be careful moving forward. I have relayed the info here as accurately as I can, having sat down with one of the pilots there yesterday for a coffee. Someone who has been a good friend and truly one of the most enjoyable and capable people I have had the pleasure of sharing a flightdeck with.

SB

It appears that they are going ultra lean till the spring is what I was told. Attitudes and egos? not sure to whom you're referring but I'm sure that none of the Capts there are seeking employment with WJ. You are correct in that they all had reasons for leaving, and some were not treated very well when they left. I myself am still embarrassed by the way some of these day one pilots were treated by WJ when they left.I lost a lot of faith after I witnessed, and listened to, what happened on their departure. It's still a great job here and I'm happy at WJ, but after what happened to these day one people I'm just going to be careful moving forward. I have relayed the info here as accurately as I can, having sat down with one of the pilots there yesterday for a coffee. Someone who has been a good friend and truly one of the most enjoyable and capable people I have had the pleasure of sharing a flightdeck with.

I am not going to get too deep into individuals reasons for leaving or the treatment they received except to say that the individual largely responsible for that poor treatment and IMHO the general malaise in Flight Ops has left the building and is now pi@@ing off pilots in Florida. I too was disheartened by the poor treatment handed out to one of our day one pilots and have apologized to him in person for it.

I am cautiously optimistic about Gregg S and his stewardship of our company. My interactions with Gregg at functions and one on one have been very positive. He has done more to move this company along since taking the reins than has been done in the past few years. He actually seems to "get it".

Is this code for, "We're done."? From their website....

Enerjet News

Enerjet Prepares for Change to Business Operations

Date: October 20, 2010

The management of Enerjet is making plans for a restructuring of our business operations. Since our launch in 2008 Enerjet has delivered exceptional service to our customers and travelers in selected segments of the Canadian air transportation market. Our service has been powered by the most modern series of Boeing aircraft, which set standards for reduced fuel consumption and reduced environmental impact.

The launch line of business for Enerjet began with the transportation of workforce and personnel for the major capital projects in the energy industry. Since our launch we have expanded our customer base to include the construction industry, the military and law enforcement sectors. Shortly after our launch, the rapid contraction of the energy industry in 2009 required Enerjet to shift our business operations to include serving the Canadian tourism market.

Since then Enerjet has flown thousands of Canadians' to their favourite sunspot destinations in Mexico, the Caribbean, Cuba and Central America. Feedback from our travelers has been overwhelmingly positive and a gratifying experience for everyone on our Enerjetic team. Since our first flight, Enerjet has achieved 100% dispatch reliability and has sustained this without interruption.

Enerjet is now preparing to update our lines of business to include a broader range of services. These services will require Enerjet to restructure our people and equipment over the coming weeks. The upcoming changes are designed to keep our efforts focused on delivering high quality, reliable service to our existing customers and travelers while we make preparations for our future business plans.

Interested parties seeking more information about Enerjet or our services are directed to visit our website at www.enerjet.ca.

• 1 month later...

Appears that the old girl has yet to sing.

Decision No. 500-A-2010

December 13, 2010

APPLICATION by
1263343 Alberta Inc. carrying on business as EnerJet pursuant to subsection 69(1) of the
Canada Transportation Act
, S.C., 1996, c. 10, as amended.

File No. M4210/E222-4-1

1263343 Alberta Inc. carrying on business as EnerJet (applicant) has applied to the Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) for a licence to operate a scheduled international service, large aircraft, between Canada and Guyana, in accordance with the Agreement between the Government of Canada and the Government of the Co‑operative Republic of Guyana on Air Transport (Agreement).

The Minister of Transport designated the applicant as eligible to hold the scheduled international licence pursuant to subsection 69(2) of the Canada Transportation Act (CTA).

The Agency is satisfied that the applicant meets all the applicable requirements of subsection 69(1) of the CTA. The Agency also finds that the pertinent terms and conditions of the Agreement have been complied with.

Further, with respect to this application, the applicant has undertaken that it will not contravene section 59 of the CTA prior to the issuance of the applied for licence.

Accordingly, the Agency approves the application for a licence to operate a scheduled international service, large aircraft, between Canada and Guyana.

Pursuant to subsection 71(1) of the CTA, the licence is subject to the conditions prescribed by the Air Transportation Regulations, SOR/88‑58, as amended, and the following conditions:

1. The Licensee is authorized to operate a scheduled international service on the route(s) set out in the Agreement.

2. The scheduled international service is to be conducted in accordance with the Agreement and any applicable arrangements agreed to between Canada and Guyana.

Even the dead gasp at least once.....

SB

How many times has someone applied for rights to fly to Guyana, but have never turned a wheel? Those who are "backing" it never quite seem to be able to come up with the funds.

Very, very true. I have to think that it is the same YYZ based group who has tried to get this going a bunch of times with a bunch opf carriers.

I would be shocked if one mission on this route operated.

• 2 weeks later...

From the article below, it would seem that Enerjet has backed out of competing for the "Maple Fun Tours"/Jacques Kavafian work - which would mean that (i) their rumoured B767 application is now meaningless and (ii) unless they have something else lined up (highly unlikely considering they are down to one airplane) that their ability to gain work of any variety is very, very limited.

http://www.nationalpost.com/related/topics/tour+entrant+prepares+takeoff/3886298/story.html

it would seem that Enerjet has backed out of competing for the "Maple Fun Tours"

Not sure where in the attached article you draw that from.

Not involved with any of the parties mentioned just an outside observer.

I don't want to see EnerJet (or any airline) take it's last breath, so all this fat lady sings stuff is a bit irritating.

Did I miss something in the article?

Edited after a reread. :red_smile:

Yes I did:

but others, like Calgary-based Enerjet, had dropped out, an industry source said.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/related/topics/tour+entrant+prepares+takeoff/3886298/story.html#ixzz19NoJveDx

Still hope it's not the end of EnerJet

• 2 months later...

Not sure where in the attached article you draw that from.

Not involved with any of the parties mentioned just an outside observer.

I don't want to see EnerJet (or any airline) take it's last breath, so all this fat lady sings stuff is a bit irritating.

Did I miss something in the article?

Edited after a reread. :red_smile:

Yes I did:

but others, like Calgary-based Enerjet, had dropped out, an industry source said.

Read more: http://www.nationalp...l#ixzz19NoJveDx

Still hope it's not the end of EnerJet

It seems that EnerJet is hoping for an election. Mr. Just Visiting Mikey I. has secured their aircraft as his campaign chariot. Maybe a quick restroom break for the fat lady.

• 1 year later...

Archived