Enerjet and the fat lady

thor

given the fact that they own all there airplanes

and have a loadfactor of 82%

the fat lady will be resting for a long while yet

rex

I always thought the planes had to be in the air to make money?

I always thought the planes had to be in the air to make money?

It's not good that they own all their airplanes and that they are not flying them.  Lots of airplanes on the market for lease, Sunwing deal is over, and load factor is not relevant as they were just providing lift.

have it on good source that 2 767 and 2 757s

will be on the apron soon in enerjet scheme

dual check out save costs and the pilots are in talks

for productivity gains that is 90 to 100 hour months

help clean the cabin etc

sounds encourageing

rex

If true they have some very nice investors backing them. If it was my money tied up for the last 2 years I'm not so sure I'd write another cheque for some more planes at this point.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just confirmed with a good friend who got laid off this morning. 4 pilots and 6 F/As left. They drew names out of a hat to decide who stayed and who went, for the F/As at least. So much for loyalty to those who were there from the beginning.

Good luck to those let go, I feel your pain having been there 3 times myself in the last 20 years.

left as in remaining. Barely 2 crews remaining on the property including managers.

Spinnaker, while I agree that there are some fine individuals there but there are also some attitudes and egos that are better off not here. All chose to leave for whatever reason and I wish them all the best in the future but I don't believe many would be happy returning as F/Os for the next 5-7 years.

left as in remaining. Barely 2 crews remaining on the property including managers.

Spinnaker, while I agree that there are some fine individuals there but there are also some attitudes and egos that are better off not here. All chose to leave for whatever reason and I wish them all the best in the future but I don't believe many would be happy returning as F/Os for the next 5-7 years.

It appears that they are going ultra lean till the spring is what I was told. Attitudes and egos? not sure to whom you're referring but I'm sure that none of the Capts there are seeking employment with WJ. You are correct in that they all had reasons for leaving, and some were not treated very well when they left. I myself am still embarrassed by the way some of these day one pilots were treated by WJ when they left.I lost a lot of faith after I witnessed, and listened to, what happened on their departure. It's still a great job here and I'm happy at WJ, but after what happened to these day one people I'm just going to be careful moving forward. I have relayed the info here as accurately as I can, having sat down with one of the pilots there yesterday for a coffee. Someone who has been a good friend and truly one of the most enjoyable and capable people I have had the pleasure of sharing a flightdeck with.

Archived