AC Pilot Forum ??

Kip Powick

Been away for awhile but with three days of heavy rain and wind, we are snug in our slip.............................and have internet access.

Went to the ACPA pilot forum...............

The forums are presently closed for maintenance.

Please check back again later.

"Later"??

I seem to have seen that message about 10 days ago when I only had one day to be on the Net.

Has the forum been shut down 'permanently' (possibly because of the discourse about the age 65 issue) ,or is this a temporary thing because of "negotiations" ???

Been away for awhile but with three days of heavy rain and wind, we are snug in our slip.............................and have internet access.

Went to the ACPA pilot forum...............

The forums are presently closed for maintenance.

Please check back again later.

"Later"??

I seem to have seen that message about 10 days ago when I only had one day to be on the Net.

Has the forum been shut down 'permanently' (possibly because of the discourse about the age 65 issue) ,or is this a temporary thing because of "negotiations" ???

The MEC was losing control of the message so they closed it out of fear of future recriminations.

A typical ACPA response- Hide the problem and maybe it will go away.

(edited to reflect a more appropriate political response to satisfy the sensitivities of a certain target equity group :whistling: )

The MEC couldn't control the immature postings of the Jr set as they continually lashed out at the FlyPast60 group so they closed it out of fear of future recriminations.

Actually it was because the Fly-to-you-die group was trying to use the posts on the forum to bolster their legal argument but you already knew that didn't you? angry_smile.gif

Thanks Malcolm......didn't dig that deep or I guess I could have found the answer. Kinda sad, but not unexpected and hard to believe as it was a 'private' forum.

Nice to see that AEF , even with the variety of participants, has not become mired in mud slinging and is mature enough to 'almost' monitor itself mellow.gif

. . . .Nice to see that AEF , . . . is mature enough to 'almost' monitor itself mellow.gif

That's because we can use fun emoticons to make a point. :Scratch-Head::icon_anal::dueling::Furious::head::whistling::018::021::064:

A new "Air Canada Pilots Private Forum" is now available for active Air Canada pilots. You must first register with your actual name. Retiree's are not currently allowed, but that may change.

Air Canada Pilots Private Forum • Login

And if "retirees" are not welcome/allowed most of us that read, (past tense), the ACPA forum know who we have to thank for thatmad.gif

Hopefully the 'moderators' of the 'active pilot forum' can figure out how to "ban" those that are in the muck-rating category

A new "Air Canada Pilots Private Forum" is now available for active Air Canada pilots. You must first register with your actual name. Retiree's are not currently allowed, but that may change.

Air Canada Pilots Private Forum • Login

Ok I can't resist..... does anyone else see the irony in this? as soon as things aren't going the right way they pack up their ball and go home then start up another game and only invite those they like :Clap-Hands::Clap-Hands:

sorry I know I shouldn't buttttttttttt..... :icon_jook:

Ok I can't resist..... does anyone else see the irony in this? as soon as things aren't going the right way they pack up their ball and go home then start up another game and only invite those they like :Clap-Hands::Clap-Hands:

sorry I know I shouldn't buttttttttttt..... :icon_jook:

AME, not even close. A retired individual filed a criminal complaint with the RCMP over the ACPA forum. That is why it is shut down. The same individual has also been banned from Avcanada and Pprune. Why would the hosts of the new forum want to inherit that?

AME, not even close. A retired individual filed a criminal complaint with the RCMP over the ACPA forum. That is why it is shut down. The same individual has also been banned from Avcanada and Pprune. Why would the hosts of the new forum want to inherit that?

Then why doesn't/didn't the forum moderators or whom ever is incharge ban that individual, or any member, that make reference to the issue....????.seems pretty easy to me.

The new forum is not officially sanctioned. More than likely it's been setup anonymously by someone who is hoping that they can bypass the problems of legal responsibility for the posts by remaining anonymous. I also suspect that this person doesn't know much about IP addresses or MAC addresses either.

It boils down to liability Kip. The officers of ACPA are personally responsible and can be charged criminally over a post that someone doesn't like. It's too late if you boot someone for bad behaviour as someone may already have been offended. In my opinion, it's a bit ridiculous, as interent forums are like the National Enquirer. However there are some thin skinned and litigious individuals out there. Unfortunately, one of them has ruined it for all of us.

Its hosted in Lithuania. So finding the owner becomes significantly harder for the layman.

So... Registered through GODADDY to a third party in Lithuania for a ACPILOTS FORUM. Good luck tracking down the host who is possibly anonymous or using an alias.

Registrant:

II Hosting Media

K. Donelaicio 62-412

Kaunas, 44248

Lithuania

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: SITE40.NET

Created on: 07-Aug-08

Expires on: 07-Aug-11

Last Updated on: 02-Jul-09

Administrative Contact:

000webhost.com, Hostmaster awex@hostprince.com

II Hosting Media

K. Donelaicio 62-412

Kaunas, 44248

Lithuania

68545251 Fax --

Technical Contact:

000webhost.com, Hostmaster abuse@000webhost.com

II Hosting Media

K. Donelaicio 62-412

Kaunas, 44248

Lithuania

68545251 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.000WEBHOST.COM

NS2.000WEBHOST.COM

• 2 weeks later...

Been on the water so no Internet until tonight in the marina and................. whoopee !!!!!!!!!!

Two emails from, ( I won't name the AC pilots in charge of forum ) but have been advised that an ACTIVE AIR CANADA PILOT forum is up and running and there were instructions on how to register........ for only ACTIVE pilots

I guess these people don't have a separate retirees list and just use an old bulk email list....Scratch-Head.gif

Archived