AVEOS and Air France

Specs

Seems pretty impressive. Is it?

Aveos signs twelve-year Engine and Airframe Maintenance Agreements with Air France

Jul 26 10:00 AM US/Eastern

Continues delivering on its long-term growth strategy

MONTREAL, July 26 /PRNewswire/ - Aveos Fleet Performance is pleased to announce that it has signed twelve (12) year Engine and Airframe Maintenance Agreements with Air France. This strengthens Aveos' role as a leading MRO with globally recognized engine and airframe overhaul capabilities.

Beginning July 2010, the agreements include the maintenance, repair, overhaul and related services for CFM56 engines, as well as Airbus A320, A330 and A340 aircraft.

With over 700 CFM engines serviced at the Aveos Engines Solutions center and over 20 years of experience and expertise, we have developed an excellent reputation in the global marketplace, explains Jim Andrews, Vice President and General Manager of Aveos' Engine Solutions business. Our Engine Solutions business continues to be committed to expanding in the global marketplace. We have a strong and established track record for the CFM56 family of engines and are looking forward to building a strong relationship with Air France over the coming years, providing them the level of quality and excellence for which we are renowned, confirms Jim Andrews.

Paul Heide, Vice President, Airframe Solutions affirmed we are proud of the recognition that the airframe maintenance contract brings to our organization and are excited about the opportunity to work with Air France for many years to come. Aveos' experience on these product groups continues to open the door to long-term partnerships for airframe, engine and component maintenance.

About Aveos

Aveos is a full-service maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) provider of airframe, engine, component and maintenance solutions. From maintenance facilities across Canada and in El Salvador, we provide integrated service solutions to over 100 customers, while focusing on building a robust network of strategic alliances. Approximately 4,150 employees remain committed to a tradition of providing world-class quality and expertise to customers across the Americas. To learn more, visit aveos.com.

SOURCE AVEOS FLEET PERFORMANCE INC.

Smoke and mirrors.

Jet blue had not been in business 4 years and AC had already signed and lost two, six year contracts. These contracts always have tons of escape clauses to protect the customer. If turn time are not met, if foreign currency appreciates, if quality standards are not met or if someone underbids by a penny the contract can be voided.

The engine side of the deal has a chance of staying as it is an area of expertise at AVEOS but the airframe side of the deal has the same appearance as the US Airways contract ACTS signed a few years back. How did that work out?

There is no such thing as a long term contract in the MRO business. Everything is in constant flux...

That's disappointing. The only reason I even noticed was that there was an AF A340 in the YUL widebody hangar today and I wondered what it was about.

That's disappointing. The only reason I even noticed was that there was an AF A340 in the YUL widebody hangar today and I wondered what it was about.

AVEOS is in the midst of recalling, but as LUPIN states, will it last. AVEOS has always had an issue with signing a contract with out doing their home work on the actual condition of the aircraft. the Northwest contract was the poster child for that.

Having been in the flight deck of a few aircraft during flight testing after Hvy Checks at Air France I wouldn't imagine the bar is set to high.

Having been in the flight deck of a few aircraft during flight testing after Hvy Checks at Air France I wouldn't imagine the bar is set to high.

Oh my, that sure does not say much for AF maintenance, then again, I recall when we used to send them out 747's, they always returned a P.O.S and it took us a while to get them up to standard

Oh my, that sure does not say much for AF maintenance, then again, I recall when we used to send them out 747's, they always returned a P.O.S and it took us a while to get them up to standard

Good training if you like flight test though. One of my more embarassing memories is a failed Overspeed warning test. Normally you'd stop a test if the thing doesn't sound when it should. We stupidly went a bit past it. Won't let that happen again.

Archived