Sign in to follow this  
PilotsWife

Posting Guidelines And New Moderator System

To help us handle the growing number of members, to decrease the level of personal attacks and to ease the burden on our moderators we are implementing a new moderating system that has been proven effective by much larger online communities. Frankly, moderating is difficult at the best of times.

The new moderating system we are going to try is non subjective. It includes a set of guidelines for the moderators to follow. If a post is clearly prohibited it will be deleted. If the guidelines are inconclusive they recommend a progressive warning system to help ensure the online experience is succhttp://theairlinewebsite.com/topic/410833-board-rules-for-posts/

PLEASE NOTE: you will see a new bar under your name. This is a warning bar. To date no one has a warning as this is new.

We remind everyone that AEF is on the honor system and we rely upon all of you to police yourselves. Report a post has been used to send us mods notification of offending posts and we thank you for this. We encourage everyone to express themselves openly but be aware there are posting guidelines and bullying, insulting or other obnoxious behavior will not be tolerated.

We have an independent moderator using The Moderator who will consult the team if there is a point to be given. There is a process in place where upon receiving a point, to be fair, to give your point of view via PM back to The Moderator. Since this is a website, at times things may be misread.

The AEF Forum is an open and supportive community that promotes open dialogue. However, the Posting Guidelines are in place to insure a positive experience for everyone.

Graphical information on the new moderation system

1. All members will have a warning status thermometer

2. You don't need to post to see it. Look at a previous post on the left sidebar

3. Depending on the skin you have chosen, depicts the color of the bar. The colors means nothing. To change the color of your bar, simply click on the drop down menu on the left bottom of the site and change the color of your skin.

• Like 2

Hi There

My last post under the "best things for your kids vacation" subject has a "warn status" that was not on previous posts. What have I done wrong :excl:

I also can't find the list of moderators on the main page. The link to the moderators takes me to the members page.

Thanks

Hi There

My last post under the "best things for your kids vacation" subject has a "warn status" that was not on previous posts. What have I done wrong :excl:

I also can't find the list of moderators on the main page. The link to the moderators takes me to the members page.

Thanks

If it is an empty horizontal bar...you have done nothing....we all get that bar when we reply or post..

If you have been a bad bad bad boy and the bar starts to fill in........well better talk to our hosts :Grin-Nod: :Grin-Nod:

click on your avitar.  It will display a new page with all of your naughty warnings displayed.