Mechanic Killed At MSP Airport

internet

http://wcco.com/local/delta.mechanic.minneapolis.2.1752070.html

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) ― A mechanic for Delta Air Lines died at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Tuesday morning after being injured while working on a plane, a spokesperson with the Metropolitan Airports Commission said.

Jesse Paul Stygar, 47, of Rosemount, Minn., died from a head injury, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner said.

Sad news. Condolences to the family and friends.

Wow. What a horrifying way to go! ...head crushed by nose gear doors.... not the first time that's happened.

....yes, very sad.

You are so right my good sir! My thoughts go out to his family.

I have said this time and time again, in this industry, those of us working the line need to be aware of what is going on around us at all times, if not , you could be just like this fellow.

I was almost killed 2 years ago, and I am still dealing with the effects of that accident, so please everyone, be ever so careful out there.

An acquaintance was nearly crushed to death in the main gear well of a Dash 8 in the early 90's. He was saved by his parka which absorbed a lot of the initial pressure and a very alert individual who was able to signal the cockpit to stop the motoring which energized the hydraulics.

He had not put the door pins in because he was in a hurry.

Deepest sympathies to the family and friends of the MSP engineer.

Let's be careful out there. Great words.

Archived