St. Vincent & The Grenadines

jump seat

Rent a "bare boat", or with a skipper if necessary. Head out and explore the island, and Grenadines. That was one of the most memorable trips I've done. Strap on some snorkeling gear, kiteboards, or whatever. Beach bars can fill in for lots of the meals. If necessary, you can view the Cotton House Hotel in Mustique http://www.cottonhouse.net/ , but rather than the "table d'hote" you can get a better meal at a fraction of the cost at the dock on the beach. Head on down past Grenada, and sail to Tobago!!

JW

JW - my son and I are going sailing for a week smile.gif, the problem is the other half don't enjoy sailing hence my desire to find them something to do / stay.

The big issue is place like the Cotton House is about ~$600 per night, way out of our price range.

How were the bugs in that part of the world?

Cheers

JW - my son and I are going sailing for a week smile.gif, the problem is the other half don't enjoy sailing hence my desire to find them something to do / stay.

The big issue is place like the Cotton House is about ~$600 per night, way out of our price range.

How were the bugs in that part of the world?

Cheers

Palm Island...don't know how much but very nice...very nice.

Very close to Salt Whistle Bay which most sailors and this one stink-potter knows....a Polynesian Island in the Grenadines.

I would not recommend Young Island.

http://www.youngisland.com/

Disinterested staff, the resort faces east towards the mainland, about 500 yards across the bay. No sunsets, road noise. Food pretty good, though.

We stayed a night and moved on. Don't be put off by the rates. They are negotiable, esp on a last minute, (very last minute), basis. They were empty in mid Jan 2009, thus the disinterested staff.

You probably need to go into the Grenadines to get something nice, or back track to St. Lucia or Barbados. Even then, the overall quality of hotels / resorts in these areas are not up to typical standards for North Americans. The Brits don't seem to mind them, though.....

LIAT is reliable and fairly inexpensive. If you are going anywhere near St Lucia, fly to BGI and use LIAT into SLU.

That taxi with no shocks, following the deisel truck for 90 minutes from UVF to the SLU area, where most of the resorts are located, will run $60+ and can easily cause visual separation of your lunch from your stomach.

ohmy.gif

What the heck is a "one-stink-potter"??? icon_question.gif

What he actually posted was ....one stink-potter

Derogatory term used by individuals who inhabit "stick-boats", ( commonly seen moving over water via a small outboard vs their cloth apparatus they should have on the elongated fence post which is stuck in the middle of their craft), and is a feeble attempt to denigrate those intrepid boaters s that actually get from A to B in a straight line, ( versus zig-zagging) and whose vessels move by employing fossil fuels biggrin.giflaugh.gif

What he actually posted was ....one stink-potter

Derogatory term used by individuals who inhabit "stick-boats", ( commonly seen moving over water via a small outboard vs their cloth apparatus they should have on the elongated fence post which is stuck in the middle of their craft), and is a feeble attempt to denigrate those intrepid boaters s that actually get from A to B in a straight line, ( versus zig-zagging) and whose vessels move by employing fossil fuels biggrin.giflaugh.gif

Mitch wins.

Kip. I thought you knew I had twin Detroits so I am in fact "one of us" but was acknowledging that power boats are few and far between down in the Grenadines---excluding the odd "Privacy" or "Golden Eagle".

I guess to each his own both in terms of mode of transport as well as in their definition of what constitutes an "idyll".

Mitch wins.

Kip. I thought you knew I had twin Detroits so I am in fact "one of us" but was acknowledging that power boats are few and far between down in the Grenadines---excluding the odd "Privacy" or "Golden Eagle".

I guess to each his own both in terms of mode of transport as well as in their definition of what constitutes an "idyll".

Mitch doesn't win.. wink.gif .I said the same thing only expanded the explanation..... and yes I know you are a powerboater..... as am I. (twin GM Crusaders)

Archived