Not again. . ..

jump seat

Guest rattler

The press says

No one from Air Canada was immediately available to comment
leaving one the impression that the fault was AirCanada's

Of course since AC doesn't operate from Amsterdam (codeshare only according to their schedules) and the ticket was booked through a Dutch Travel Agency, it would appear that the error had nothing to do with AirCanada.

Maybe my rose-coloured glasses are a bit foggy, but I didn't see anything in this story that in any way assigns blame to Air Canada.

Air Canada is not specifically blamed for the error but the the phrase; "No one from XXX was immediately available to comment" is typically used to suggest that the company in question is responsible. A quick read of the story could easily leave the impression that AC is at fault.

I'm sure you'd agree that the level of reading comprehension in this little corner of the interweb is probably higher than the average.

Guest rattler
Air Canada is not specifically blamed for the error but the the phrase; "No one from XXX was immediately available to comment" is typically used to suggest that the company in question is responsible. A quick read of the story could easily leave the impression that AC is at fault.

As a non Aircanada Employee , present or past, I concur. tongue.gif

I'm sure you'd agree that the level of reading comprehension in this little corner of the interweb is probably higher than the average.

safe assumption...

"oannes Rutten, 71, and his 15-year-old grandson Nick booked the trip through a Dutch travel agency with plans to visit family living in Wollongong and Tallong, south of Sydney, according to local newspaper the Illawarra Mercury."

Archived