C-FRAM

Lazionic

And here I thought FRAM was sponsoring oil changes in the new machine !!

Oil changes? So that's why Mitch has adopted that aircraft as his favorite!!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Seriously, why would it cost more to register an aircraft with a particular name? If there is any blood-sucking government fee involved, it presumably is the same whether you are registering C-FRAM or C-FRAN.

Maybe because, like websites, someone else already had it and didn't want to give it up?

Iceman wink.gif

That presumes you can just de-register and re-register an aircraft just like a web domain, when in fact, aircraft have distinct histories for regulatory/safety tracking purposes.

Though I stand to be corrected, I find the possibility highly unlikely. If not C-FRAM, AC could have done C-FROB, C-RMI, etc.

Guest rattler

History of the Mark

History Search Result Detail 

5 matches found 

Mark  Common Name  Model Name  Serial Number  Service  Date updated  Owner Name  Owner Regist. Since 

1  C-FRAM  Boeing  777-333ER  35250  Certificate of Registration  2008-06-25  Air Canada  2008-06-25 

2  C-FRAM  Boeing  777-333ER  35250  Certificate of Registration  2008-06-25  Air Canada  2008-06-25 

3  C-FRAM  Jodel  JODEL D-9  114  Cancel C of R  2008-03-19  Royston, Geoffrey  1994-07-28 

4  C-FRAM  Jodel  JODEL D-9  114  Certificate of Registration  1994-07-28  Royston, Geoffrey  1994-07-28 

5  C-FRAM  Jodel  JODEL D-9  114  Cancel C of R  1994-06-20  Lawrence, Chester  - - 

Guest rattler

Last Registered Owner Information   

Name:  Royston, Geoffrey

Address:  4 Skyway Drive

City:  Guelph  Province/State:  Ontario

Postal Code:  N1H 6H8 Country:  CANADA 

Region:  Ontario

Mail Recipient:  Yes

The rumour about C-FRAM has been going around for a while, and the first time I heard it, it was $5 million.

The guy that had the registration before (for his 50 yr old ultralight) has now changed his registration to C-IRAM. Maybe they just had someone from Montreal threaten to break his kneecaps. laugh.gif

That presumes you can just de-register and re-register an aircraft just like a web domain, when in fact, aircraft have distinct histories for regulatory/safety tracking purposes.

Though I stand to be corrected, I find the possibility highly unlikely. If not C-FRAM, AC could have done C-FROB, C-RMI, etc.

It's a lot more common then you'd think, North Cariboo changes almost all of the registrations on their aircraft (DHC-8 s/n 211 now NCG was ABH) and we had a Dash 300 delivered with C-FACU which didn't take long to be changed to C-?ABO for obvious reasons wink.gif

Archived