Wanna go for a walk?

Azure

I always wondered where the road repair crews in YUL worked during the winter. Looks like they've been at it for some time now.

Wow, that's amazing! Beautiful, awe inspring and terrifying all at the same time. I just wish he'd stop looking down! There's no way you'd get me up there unless there were safety lines to connect to all the way through. unsure.gif

Sort of reminds me of a road trip we did in Turkey several years ago. We came upon a bridge across a deep narrow gorge that was built by the Romans in the 300s AD. It had no side rails and was barely wide enough to accomodate a car (maybe 8 inches to spare on each side). There was no way I would ride in the car as my friend drove across, but just getting out and walking across it was terrifying for me. I hugged the middle of that sucker all the way across, but nary a breath was taken until I reached the other side with a heart rate of 150!

That would fall into the catagory of "Teasing the Reaper" thanks, but forget it, not me. blink.gif The closest I've ever came to doing something like that was walking the pathway around Signal Hill and down through the opening into the harbor in YYT. laugh.gif

Wow is right! Well, there's one place I'll never have to be!

Thinking about whoever "built" that pathway over the years.... ohmy.gif

I wonder how many folks have spent their last minutes in that splendor?

I did notice a rusty cable along the side that one young man was using, unless the fellow who took the video is awesome at editing, he had no time to clip and unclip.

From the Wikipedia page:

The regional government of Andalusia budgeted in 2006 for a restoration plan estimated at €7 million.

If they fixed it properly, I'd go for it!

Guest woxof

The Wikipedia article says that this is a Via Ferrata. I saw some incredible ones in France and definitely plan to go on some in the future. Great for people who like hikes with a fantastic view. You have a harness and two lines, each with a quick disconnect at the end run from your harness, to a metal cable that runs along the trail that is bolted into the cliff at about waist level. Every so often you have to disconnect from the cable where it is attached to the cliff but you only disconnect one line at a time then reconnect on the other side of where the cable attaches to the cliff. Then you move on. Always secure.

Archived