I think it is finally over

Kip Powick

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It would be a self-defeating application of a policy regarding finality to use such a ‘policy’ to avoid the issues and impacts arising from the Mitchnick award. These issues will not go away merely because ACPA or the Board or anyone else wishes that they do. If the issues are not addressed, negative long-term labour relations consequences for Air Canada are not hypothetical bur certain."

From the ALPA merger committee. Substitute Keller for Mitchnick. ALPA for ACPA.

Just a point---a small point-----do you know how much ACPA could have saved if they had listened to me?

I'm giving me an "attaboy".

Course---I confess---doesn't take a genius and they WERE counselled against an appeal.

Kip, what was your intent in posting this?

It occurs perhaps a bit of knife twisting is taking place. Given that you no longer have to live and work in the toxic effects of a poorly handled merge, I would have thought this a good topic to be started by those still affected, if indeed they wished it discussed at all.

Put it another way. Keep rubbing salt in the wounds, and instead of focussing on the upcoming negotiations, the union that is still responsible for your pension terms will instead be locked in internal fighting.

Dozerboy et al. There is no high ground in this. ACPA was happy with the Mitchnick fence. The overreaction to that was the Keller correction. No argument that the cure was worse than the disease. Both sides tried to use the legal process to cement a result that was patently unfair. Looks to me like the legal system is fed up with the whole thing. We have only our own to blame. And that is 'our own' in the new, combined sense.

Vs

It occurs perhaps a bit of knife twisting is taking place. Given that you no longer have to live and work in the toxic effects of a poorly handled merge, I would have thought this a good topic to be started by those still affected, if indeed they wished it discussed at all.

I am very surprised at your attitude. And you wish to shoot the messenger...why? Would it have been better for your personal feelings if GDR or Don posted it??

Why is it taken so personally and why do you feel I don't have the right to post public information? As of last night at midnight, EST it still was not posted on the ACPA site ...is everyone afraid to put up what some perceive as bad news? Would I have posted the information if the SC had gone the othwer way......in a heartbeat.

That I'm not in the game anymore is not relevant ...this is news that anyone can post and if you can show where I am knife twisting...........please do so.

Again, I am really surprised by your posting...I would have expected better.

Kip

For the sake of accuracy, I did not question your right to do anything. Nor did I shoot the messenger. I simply asked a question and stated why I was asking. In your response, you seem to have assumed a great deal, as well as conveniently missing the fact that I spoke to both sides.

I think I have my answer....

Vs

To clarify.

The intent was to post a decision that was of interest to two distinct groups and others interested parties.

It occurs perhaps a bit of knife twisting is taking place

And this is indicated ............where, in my posting??

Given that you no longer have to live and work in the toxic effects of a poorly handled merge, I would have thought this a good topic to be started by those still affected, if indeed they wished it discussed at all.

In other words, butt out..... and again...why would you feel that I should not post anything concerning this particular issue?

Put it another way. Keep rubbing salt in the wounds,

And this is done ...where ....in my posting ?

the union that is still responsible for your pension terms

And this is relevant to my initial posting...how?

as well as conveniently missing the fact that I spoke to both sides.

Yes .........after you chastised me for posting the information...sorta like trying to pour oil on the troubled waters and deflect your initial comments concerning me putting up an unbiased post.

I think I have my answer....

And you think I assume too much......time for some self reflection.

Good luck in 2009

Would have it even had made a difference if it was in the Globe and Mail?

The bigger point is you guys are doing exactly what AC wants you to do, fighting amongst each other.

Nobody's happy with what transpired in any department.

It is time to move on.

If you keep dwelling on the past, you'll only allow it to happen again in the future. So in my opinion, it is best to take the lesson forward into the next battle with the Company.

Iceman

With respect Don......almost everything on this forum normally goes through the normal channels, accidents, TSB reports, and so on and is accessible through other means yet some feel there is some personal, sinister, motive for posting information that is relevant to many..

I really don't get it......the only guys that are making a "mountain out of a molehill" with respect to a simple unbiased posting, are those that perhaps expected a different outcome and are not happy with the decision.

I would suggest that those individuals take their rancor out on those that effected the decision...not the person who posted a factoid.

Guest rattler

removed due to wrong year but my point is / was that Kip is not the only one who posts this type of information. More recent post from the AC Pilot Blog.

June 19, 2007

The Federal Court of Appeal released two decisions in favour of ALPA:

The application for judicial review by the Air Canada Pilots Association (ACPA) is in respect of Decision no. 349 issued March 10, 2006 (Decision 349) by the Canada Industrial Relations Board was dismissed. (2007 FCA 241) A-144-06, Date: June 19, 2007

The application for judicial review by the Air Canada Pilots Association (ACPA) is in respect of Reconsideration Decision no. 360 issued September 1, 2006 (Decision 360) by the Canada Industrial Relations Board was dismissed. (2007 FCA 242) A-392-06, Date: June 19, 2007

Costs payable by ACPA to ALPA in both decisions.

Kip,

Although every one with a brain knew this was coming...

You just couldn't wait to be the first one to post it...to rub our noses in it..even before ACPA had informed the troops.

You probably have raw hands from rubbing them in glee !!

Pitiful.

JayDee

And this is also a forum where people express their opinions and I, (very reluctantly on this topic) expressed mine. I'm well aware that this is an open forum and that normal communications usually precede postings here. It's a great forum for this alone. My opinion is, this was a difficult and emotional merger and most are trying to move on, are doing so, and are making an operation at work. While bringing up the topic here again is perfectly legitimate forum material, (nobody is saying otherwise), what struck me immediately was, "why resurrect this?", when the only thing it would predictably accomplish, (because they know already, through normal channels), was to cause anger, dissension and open wounds that almost all people now are (very wisely) trying to set aside in favour of putting the past behind them. Just take a look at the thread....what's been accomplished that's positive? Did you really expect anything different to happen? Sorry - that's my feeling on the matter.

Archived