JAZZ Needs 2 A.M.E.s in YEG

'B' scales have been introduced before. Didn't work then, won't work now. Nothing like having a newhire tell you where to go because you make twice as much as them.

It's just an opening hand to introduce more steps between the opening wage and top wage.

So instead of reaching top wage in 5 years, it may take 7 to 10.

Iceman

And if that is a problem them I guess the "newbies" will go elsewhere or will they?? Anyone with any moxie looks at the long term rather than the short term gain. If AC Jazz presents a better "long term" outlook than working in a garage or in the oil patch that should be what determines if you want to start with them. Mind you my generation had a lot of those who looked at the immediate future rather than long term and they are among those today (in their 60s) who are still renting and complaining that they can not afford to retire. They had better vacations and toys than otherS did, had better up front wages but the end result is what counts.

ph34r.gif

Robert,

Did you start your present job at the top of the pay scale? If so please let all of those looking for work know where these jobs are! I think it took me over five years to get to the top level in pay, I guess I missed something.

The second tier pay scale is only 10% less than the "A" scale. Your mythical person working 80 hours a week would be taking in $120,000 a year. (even without factoring in over-time) Please inform yourself with facts if you plan on calling someone a liar. I am here, and pretty much have a grip on what it is all about.

Fill your boots and work for who ever you want, where ever you want. We have a pretty good gig here. If that bothers you let me know, I'll tell you how little I care.

Tony!

Must have hit a nerve! FYI, the new hires will also "NOT" be starting at the top wage. It will take them 7 years as per the JAZZ CA, that is if they start as an AME, if they start as a mechanic and work their way up like most of us did, they are looking at well past 10 years.

Tango, here is some study material for you. If you were a newbie, where would you go, keep in mind that an AME is in demand.

When you look at the TransAT agreement, look at the present wages, I, as a 20 plus year AME is making a pile less than my counterpart at TransAT, if age was not against, I would have to seriously consider jumping ship, especially as I just stated, the AME being a hot item at the moment.

http://www.caw2002tca.ca/collective-agreem...hsvcs-06-09.pdf

http://www.iamaw2413.org/Bulletins/Air%20T...20AGREEMENT.pdf

Sorry Robert.

Just seems on that on this forum, every time you try to look at the bright side, somebody's got to come along and crap on your corn flakes.

I have heard so much about Jazz's "B" scale that I wish we could find the man who dreamed it up, and shoot him with a ball of his own feces. This is the second time I have worked in a place with a "B" scale. The first time was just as much of a disaster. It was a 25% less scale and caused so much dissention in the ranks eventually nobody did anything. If people think they are saving money doing this, they are crazy. Every dollar you save is easily out weighed by the division in your work force and prevailing bad attitudes. Just in case you are wondering, I would have rather have had shut Jazz down than allowed the "B" scale to happen. When our management team comes to it's senses the "B" scale will be gone. People will vote with their feet.

As I understand it, AMEs hired by jazz with 4 or more years experience start at the 48 month pay scale. ( I am on low speed so don't feel like looking up the current numbers, but I think it's a little under $26/ HR. Please feel free to post the actual number.) Not the richest pay scale, but how many people does AT need?

Admittedly a person would have to be from Edmonton to want these jobs, but for the right person, it's a pretty good gig.

As far as I am concerned, if you work at a place that does not have a pension plan, you do not have a real job.

Later!

Tony!

Sorry Robert.

Just seems on that on this forum, every time you try to look at the bright side, somebody's got to come along and crap on your corn flakes.

I have heard so much about Jazz's "B" scale that I wish we could find the man who dreamed it up, and shoot him with a ball of his own feces. This is the second time I have worked in a place with a "B" scale. The first time was just as much of a disaster. It was a 25% less scale and caused so much dissention in the ranks eventually nobody did anything. If people think they are saving money doing this, they are crazy. Every dollar you save is easily out weighed by the division in your work force and prevailing bad attitudes. Just in case you are wondering, I would have rather have had shut Jazz down than allowed the "B" scale to happen. When our management team comes to it's senses the "B" scale will be gone. People will vote with their feet.

As I understand it, AMEs hired by jazz with 4 or more years experience start at the 48 month pay scale. ( I am on low speed so don't feel like looking up the current numbers, but I think it's a little under $26/ HR. Please feel free to post the actual number.) Not the richest pay scale, but how many people does AT need?

Admittedly a person would have to be from Edmonton to want these jobs, but for the right person, it's a pretty good gig.

As far as I am concerned, if you work at a place that does not have a pension plan, you do not have a real job.

Later!

Tony!

Tony,

I understand your frustration 100% and agree that the people who agreed to the 2 tier system should be drawn and quartered

Unfortunately, during CCAA, all Milton and his cronies did was take a company that people could make a career out of and turn it into a McJob. On another note, it is sad, but the company pension plan at most corporations (excpet for the executive team) is going the way of the dinosaur, so it is no wonder that the young people entering are going directly to the highest bidder.

The AME pool is drying up at a very rapid pace, those who were laid off out of YVR and had a chance to bump, the majority took layoff and a large number have found better more rewarding work outside of aviation. Look at YWG, they offered temp recalls of up to 9 months, only 2 accepted, YUL can not find anyone, AC is becoming a victim of its own creation.

Guest floatrrr

"When our management team comes to it's senses the "B" scale will be gone. People will vote with their feet."

One thing some of you people should know by now, is that management wages/bonuses are purely performance driven. As far as performance, it is considered to be good if operating costs are cut. Doesn't matter where the savings happen, only that they do happen.

Jazz management has already proven that they are willing to lower the bar for new recruits ie. MC's "Pilot Project". What I foresee hapening, is a vigorous recruiting drive for AME's in the country's secondary school mechanics 12 classes. "ladies and gentlemen in as little as 6 months you could be an apprentice working on aircraft at Jazz , earning 18K a year to start!! and have a wonderful future and benefits package!!"

wink.gif

Archived