What is Your World View?

Azure

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=23320

Kind of a neat quiz, I ended up in a three way tie and the tie-breaker question put me as an Existentialist. Never knew that about myself, at least I'm not a material girl. biggrin.gif

Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Idealist 69%

Cultural Creative 69%

Existentialist 69%

Postmodernist 63%

Romanticist 50%

Fundamentalist 44%

Modernist 25%

Materialist 6%

Guest rattler

Hmmmm

I scored as Existentialist.

Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist

100%

Modernist

75%

Materialist

75%

Postmodernist

69%

Cultural Creative

50%

Romanticist

44%

Fundamentalist

25%

Idealist

13%

Modernism represents the thought that science and reason are all we need to carry on. Religion is unnecessary and any sort of spirituality halts progress. You believe everything has a rational explanation. 50% of Americans share your world-view.

Modernist

100%

Materialist

100%

Existentialist

75%

Fundamentalist

25%

Cultural Creative

25%

Idealist

25%

Romanticist

0%

Postmodernist

0%

Existentialist

81%

Cultural Creative

75%

Postmodernist

63%

Materialist

56%

Idealist

50%

Fundamentalist

25%

Romanticist

25%

Modernist

19%

Whatever the F$%% tht means....

Cultural Creative

Cultural Creative are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual , even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

cultural Creative 69%

romanticist 63

modernist 44

postmodernist 38

idealist 38

fundamentalist 25

existentialist 25

materialist 13

Geez , I dunno know but this survey kinda nailed me perfectly. Haven't attended church services since I was confirmed 39 years ago except for weddings and funerals. I have faith that when I die , something unbelievable is waiting for me. And its going to be great.

And on that note anyone know of someone with a Suzuki Savage circa 70-80's for sale? Yeah its that time of year again!!!!!

Haven't attended church services since I was confirmed 39 years ago except for weddings and funerals. I have faith that when I die , something unbelievable is waiting for me. And its going to be great.

Isn't that kind of like saying you expect to win the lottery even though you haven't bought a ticket?

Isn't that kind of like saying you expect to win the lottery even though you haven't bought a ticket?

My dear departed mother once said, " if you don't want to lose friends, never discuss Politice, Sex and Religion". As a result ,and in an effort to respect her wisdom, I remained a mute for many years... laugh.gif

Seeker...aren't you basically saying that if one doesn't "buy" into a religion, they are "spiritually doomed" when they take their "last flight" to whatever destination the unknown holds for us.....?? Just curious.... huh.gif

Seeker...aren't you basically saying that if one doesn't "buy" into a religion, they are "spiritually doomed" when they take their "last flight" to whatever destination the unknown holds for us.....?? Just curious.... huh.gif

Don't want to speak for Seeker, but..... yeah!

What did you expect? Just curious. blink.gif

Flix

I'm a new group... dry.gif

You scored as Cultural Creative.

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative

75%

Materialist

69%

Postmodernist

56%

Idealist

50%

Romanticist

44%

Existentialist

38%

Modernist

31%

Fundamentalist

31%

Interesting question. Without further input from Newgirl it's hard to answer but it's seems as though she's expecting the "religious" reward without the religious commitment. Spiritually doomed? Personally I believe when we die that we're worm food and nothing else so your question really means nothing to me. I don't believe in the spiritual reward but it's should be apparent to those who do that you need to follow the rules of that game if you claim to be a participant.

BTW, have you ever lost any friends discussing religion, politics, or sex?

Materialist.

Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.

Materialist

75%

Cultural Creative

63%

Postmodernist

63%

Modernist

56%

Existentialist

50%

Romanticist

38%

Idealist

31%

Fundamentalist

31%

it's seems as though she's expecting the "religious" reward without the religious commitment. Spiritually doomed?

I know exactly how Newgirl feels as I too haven't stepped foot in a "church" in many a year, does that make us less spiritual than those who trod off every weekend for an hour of prayer only to make an a$$ of themselves the rest of the week?

Perhaps she was raised Catholic like I, which may explain our total distrust of organized religion. I remember as a child having to go to confession, well since we are all sinners in God's eye, you HAD to have something to confess. I memorized the examples the Nuns gave us. So, in essence I lied to the priest!

Oh well, said my 5 Hail Mary's and 3 Our Fathers, probably just threw in a real prayer of ...sorry I just lied to your representative here on earth. laugh.gif I grew up the youngest of ten in a very poor home, what was there to steal? Lie? About what? I got blamed for everything! rolleyes.gif Hummm, that may explain why my siblings still DO go to confession! A-HA! Next re-union I'll have to bring this topic up. tongue.gif

Guest rattler

I don't remember anything in the bible that insisted that you belong to a particular church to qualify for entrance to heaven, isn't that predicated on your behaviour while on earth???? cool.gif

Personally I believe when we die that we're worm food and nothing else ........

BTW, have you ever lost any friends discussing religion, politics, or sex?

Only worm food if you don't believe in cremation...I'm going up in a ball of fire and then as illegal as it is, I will be spread over the waters I love.......

Concerning religion...I'm on the same page as you....

As an aside, my Mom asked to be cremated and her ashes spread over the Pacific as she loved Hawaii. Heck, I wasn't making much money, couldn't afford a trip to Hawaii so flew out to BC with my wife and we decided to spread the ashes over the "Pacific" while we rode the Tawassen Ferry over to Sidney and back. Waited for an opportune time and did our thing....forgot about the air currents at the rear of the ferry.......dunno but Mom could be still riding that damned ferry as she came whistling back into the car deck !!!

To answer your question.....no.... haven't lost any friends over discussions of religion or sex but PO'd a few with differences of opinions concerning politics. biggrin.gif

Your right rattler, nowhere does it state you must attend church. It only states that you will be judged on your deeds. I know many "non religious" who will fair much better than so called priests, evangelists and even popes.

IF God does exist.

Agnostic? No.

No, but I like to look at others views, see what they have to offer, never discount their feelings. Which is why I probably landed in a three way tie on the quiz.

I think I probably would be a better Buddist.

I would have guessed that I'd have finished as an existentialist, but surprise, surprise... I'm also "culturally creative". (I wonder if that might be simply a polite anarchist? tongue.gif )

You scored as Cultural Creative.

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative 94%

Idealist 81%

Existentialist 56%

Postmodernist 56%

Modernist 56%

Materialist 38%

Romanticist 38%

Fundamentalist 19%

Your right rattler, nowhere does it state you must attend church. It only states that you will be judged on your deeds. I know many "non religious" who will fair much better than so called priests, evangelists and even popes.

IF God does exist.

Rattler is very correct but Azure is a liitle confused if he believes judgement of your deeds will gets you past the gates! sad.gif

Seeker

Sorry I only get to use the computer after everyone else is finished and thats usually late at night.

I have bought my ticket to the next level whatever it may be. I was baptised and comfirmed in the United Church.

Between my parents guidence and 14 years of Sunday school and church services, I knew what was right and wrong. I knew attending church services weren't going to make me a better person.

The world is the House of God and I can speak to him anytime not just on Sundays in a church. As long as I follow or try to follow the Ten Commandments , I know I'll be in a great place after I die.

Oh Kip, so its your mother who is the" Lady in White " wandering the ferry car deck lamenting " My son what have you done?"

Archived