What does "Embraer" mean?

conehead

Heard this one yesterday, while I was re-booting ship's power to correct a Flight Control fault. So, the Skipper says to me, "Do you know what Embraer stands for?"

"No", says I.... "Do tell."

Every

Mechanical

Breakdown

Requires

An

Electrical

Re-set

biggrin.gif

I couldn't find a straight across definition in the Spanish/English dictionary but near as I can tell from studying the words closest to Embraer:

A rough collection of motorcycle parts causing either rage or rapture depending on ones state of intoxication. huh.gif

Flight crews had best bone up on Lucas ignition systems, while pax might be advised to stop in the departure lounge sports bar for a wee dram.

Kev

Wouldn't complain to much, I'm sure tha Jazz guys will be happy to fly them and  they would for 30% less then you are. dry.gif

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

just ask JetBlue what they think of their EMB's laugh.gif

Well, Jetblue has some issues but AC's have been quite reliable aside from the first few months and the pax love them!

Wouldn't complain to much, I'm sure tha Jazz guys will be happy to fly them and they would for 30% less then you are. dry.gif

Actually the crew cost is almost exactly the same at AC as it would be at Jazz. This is because all of the FOs are new-hire pilots and still on flat pay. In two years it will be more expensive at AC - assuming that any of the FOs remain on the EMB after getting off flat pay.

just ask JetBlue what they think of their EMB's laugh.gif

I actually have asked that question of JetBlue people.

They are happy now that they realize that it was impossible to introduce a brand new airplane as aggressively as they tried.

I couldn't find a straight across definition in the Spanish/English dictionary but near as I can tell from studying the words closest to Embraer:

A rough collection of motorcycle parts causing either rage or rapture depending on ones state of intoxication. huh.gif

Flight crews had best bone up on Lucas ignition systems, while pax might be advised to stop in the departure lounge sports bar for a wee dram.

Kev

You have to look on a portugue dictionary. Embraer means "Company Brazileira", Em stand for Empresa that in English is Company and Braer is Brazileira.

You have to look on a portugue dictionary. Embraer means "Company Brazileira", Em stand for Empresa that in English is Company and Braer is Brazileira.

Nope, you're wrong. Check AAS's post above.

Archived