C1 passes on AC

moeman

Moeman....I think you know that was the "Canadian Way" and, of course, there were complaints that it was discriminatory in that it favoured the "more fortunate". I have no issues with deferring to seniority (though I grumble trying to get to Tampa) Although "available" to all (not everyone has the wherewithal), I think the purchase of priority is in and of itself objectionable. Go the Delta route; all employees listed in "J" (slacks and tie required) and board based on seniority. Then charge a fair rate for SA travel and be done with it. And I'll guarantee you, there'll be no more "wink, wink; nudge, nudge" assignments of J seats if you give EVERYONE access to the "as flown" seat assignments which are often VERY interesting.

What no one mentions is that when introduced, the C1 rules required that you list as a C1 more than 24 hours prior to departure and once checked in, you could not revise "down" upon learning their were lots of seats. - Udeck

This was my understanding on how they the C1's were supposed to work. IKFU, are you saying folks are registering for flights as C2 and then up purchasing at the gate? If that's the case, then I agree then that the rules need to be enforced. The 24 hour in advance purchase requirement for the C1 needs to be upheld so as to prevent the sand bagging of other employee's trying to do the el- cheapo flight attempt.

Personally I haven't used C2's for personal vacation travel for years as the stress associated with them tends to put a damper on the family trip.

On the topic of demands for revamping the pass system, I've heard that something is being looked at from the company. Apparently there's 100's of thousands of outstanding moneys every month that need to be collected from pass travel as a result of us having the 'pay at trip completion' system of billing. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if you had to pay up front in the near future like the rest of the paying public.

(good zinger Rattler/Deicer ... Made me spill my coffee laugh.gif )

Anyone with a laptop or internet access can do follow where they stand with a bit of information about RESIII and some basic command mode functions for information. If you spend any time plodding around the system on your vast amount of time in the wonderful YYZ pilot "lounge",,,,,,,,,,since there is no where to sit anyway,,,,,,,you can follow that sort of thing on busy flights to popular locations that might interest you in the future. You can see people drop their C2 registration and a C1 pops up, then they check in usually later than sooner when they know they have to use the C1. You abuse it, you lose it. All of this means nothing until you are the one screwed by some playing around with the system that is supposed to be in place. If someone wants to register for an seat that would be unused in J with a C1, then the 24 hour restriction is not going to change anything for them, but the people that try to jump the queue will be. Another issue of DH that will pop up is soon I'm sure is how there are some Jazz pilots that are not really DH "to work" on a high priority,,,,,worst is I overheard a couple bragging about their scam in the earshot of the general public,,,,,,,,,and me.

Moeman....I think you know that was the "Canadian Way" and, of course, there were complaints that it was discriminatory in that it favoured the "more fortunate". I have no issues with deferring to seniority (though I grumble trying to get to Tampa) Although "available" to all (not everyone has the wherewithal), I think the purchase of priority is in and of itself objectionable. Go the Delta route; all employees listed in "J" (slacks and tie required) and board based on seniority. Then charge a fair rate for SA travel and be done with it. And I'll guarantee you, there'll be no more "wink, wink; nudge, nudge" assignments of J seats if you give EVERYONE access to the "as flown" seat assignments which are often VERY interesting.

Actually, I didn't know that was the CAIL way. But it makes a lot of sense.

I agree with you about the Delta way, but it doesn't address the C1 issue. If there is going to be a "better" pass, what is the best way to implement it? Maybe give people one each per year for the first 5 years of employment, 2 for 10 years, 3 for 15....so it becomes more "valuable" the less seniority you have and therefore the more junior employees aren't as likely to use it when it isn't absolutely necessary?

Specs.. What if you were buying a multi-trip pass at an employee discount, or paying up front a set fee for unlimited employee travel for the next 6 months?

There's lot's of ways to get your $$$ up front and still have flexibility.

The question that I wonder about is would employee's be willing to pay more if they were buying a confirmed seat .... much like the paying passengers, but at an employee rate?

Just a thought?

There is an excellent discount system in place all ready. Its called a Tango fare and is purchaseable online at aircanada.com. It offers savings of up to 80% off the full fare rate.

Face it folks, if you want confirmed seat, pony up the fare.

Could someone with all the info pull the fare for and ID50 and compare to the base Tango fare, I would imagine the ID50 to be more expensive.

"Another issue of DH that will pop up is soon I'm sure is how there are some Jazz pilots that are not really DH "to work" on a high priority,,,,,worst is I overheard a couple bragging about their scam in the earshot of the general public,,,,,,,,,and me."

Ikfu,

How do you suppose a Jazz Pilot can list themselves as "Dead-heading" when they are simply commuting. I am not aware of any avenue to list oneself as pos space business travel. Usually this is done by flight-ops or crew-sked. Since you are pointing a finger, perhaps you'd like to continue the story with a little clarification.

PP

no, I can not. I am judging by the converstation a dh group were having about using the system for getting from YYZ back to YHZ while on vacation.

Archived