Dog Killed By Jet

manwest

“Air Canada staff and kennel service staff were on-site trying to retrieve the dog on numerous occasions,” says a safety report on the incident.

“Investigation revealed that the kennel staff failed to secure the latch on the flight kennel.”

Who are "Kennel service staff"? Air Canada employees or Airport employees?

(Not that it matters much since Air Canada will attract all the blame, regardless).

Guest rattler

“Air Canada staff and kennel service staff were on-site trying to retrieve the dog on numerous occasions,” says a safety report on the incident.

“Investigation revealed that the kennel staff failed to secure the latch on the flight kennel.”

Who are "Kennel service staff"?  Air Canada employees or Airport employees?

(Not that it matters much since Air Canada will attract all the blame, regardless).

I don't believe that Air Canada employees any kennel service staff.

Perhaps the animal was being shipped on behalf of the owners by a kennel. But considering the accuracy of any news report, who knows.

Personal comment removed by Rattler biggrin.gif

I don't believe that Air Canada employees any kennel service staff.

Perhaps the animal was being shipped on behalf of the owners by a kennel.  But considering the accuracy of any news report, who knows.

Still waiting for Manwest to publish an upbeat story about Air Canada.  biggrin.gif

First of all I'm surprised your still reading my posts. I thought your were *bored*.

Secondly I'm surprised at the lack of your compassion for a family that has lost a pet no matter how it died.

Thirdly if you want to hijack a thread, please don't, if you have an issue with my posts you can start a new thread stating so.

For someone as your self who seems to have so much time for posting here, I suggest you hunt and find then post your good news stories if you feel the need for them.

cool26.gifcool26.gifcool26.gif

I have a lot of compassion for both the family and the dog. Like PP I will not subject our dogs to air travel if there is an alternative. We are driving from Montreal to Vancouver next month for just that reason. It will take significantly more time and cost quite a bit more but that is the way it will be.

But I am really disappointed with the Halifax Airport. I am sure the local SPCA could have rounded up the dog but there is probably some rigid rule in place against letting their staff roam around. There is a lot of land besides runways around the airport and they could have come to some arrangement to have the SPCA accompanied by Airport staff for safety purposes. The Airport seems to have just abandoned the dog to its eventual fate, lost, hungry and scared.

As for the groundhandling staff, the article says the dog was loose and bolted from the hold when the door was opened. I don't see what they could have done differently.

Guest rattler

For someone as your self who seems to have so much time for posting here, I suggest you hunt and find then post your good news stories if you feel the need for them.

cool26.gif  cool26.gif  cool26.gif

Manwest regarding your comment re time, it appears you have at least the same amount of time to post during (paid) working hours as I do during my retirement hours. Just imagine your productivity gain if you spent less time hunting down "bad news" Air Canada stories and posting them on this forum. biggrin.gif

Re lack of compassion on my part for the dog owners, I not sure how you could read that into my post. My comment re bad news AC reports has no connection with the dog owner, unless you were the owner. cool.gif

Manwest regarding your comment re time, it appears you have at least the same amount of time to post during (paid) working hours as I do during my retirement hours.    Just imagine your productivity gain if you spent less time hunting down "bad news" Air Canada stories and posting them on this forum.  biggrin.gif

Re lack of compassion on my part for the dog owners, I not sure how you could read that into my post. My comment re bad news AC reports has no connection with the dog owner, unless you were the owner.  cool.gif

MMM lets see your posts from May 4 2004 is 3953 my posts from that date is 794.

I don't work a 5 day week, and don't always post from work. Remember you should never assume.

**I see you choose to ignore the rest of my post and not address the items re: compassion and thread hi-jacking.**

I await your posting of good AC news and I would enjoy reading it. I'm sure its out there.

cool26.gifcool26.gifcool26.gif

Guest rattler

Jazz into TCC airport should qualify (posted earlier today) cool.gif I am glad you "don't always post from work". cool.gif By the by who is the MMM your reply is addressed to???????

What prompts my posts to you is my confusiion regarding someone who works for a travel agent, whose paycheck must be made up, at least partly of revenue generated by bookings on Air Canada, but who seems to want to bite the hand of one of those who feed him.

More good news for AirCanada.

AirCanada in top 10