Goodbye Tango fares

manwest

Yes you can change and shake up all you want, but at least do it repectfully and with ethics.

Next time your chatting with him ask him how its feels to be the least respected, unethical ceo in Canada.

cool26.gifcool26.gifcool26.gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FA_AC

Next time your chatting with him ask him how  its feels to be the least respected, unethical ceo in Canada.

cool26.gif  cool26.gif  cool26.gif

Milton is probably one of the least liked CEOs in Canada, but I find it hard to imagine that he's the least respected. I haven't thought much of the way Milton has gone about certain things over the years, but for transforming AC from the basket case it was after it bought CAIL to what it now is I certainly do respect the guy. So, I think, do most of our employees and so does most of the business community.

Any thoughts on the ethics of those who run Westjet? What do you think of the Mark Hill caper?

Any thoughts on the ethics of those who run Westjet? What do you think of the Mark Hill caper?

I will reserve my opinion when all the facts come out as to who knew and did what.

If anyone at the top of westJet is guilty, They will lose my repect as well.

I would not work for a company that treated it contacts/suppliers the way Milton does.

Yes you can change and shake up all you want, but at least do it repectfully and with ethics.

Next time your chatting with him ask him how its feels to be the least respected, unethical ceo in Canada.

How do you define ethics?

Respecting contractual obligations? Well, why didn't Sabre sue? Maybe AC acted within its contractual rights. Or by ethics do you mean that they owe you a living no matter how the airline environment changes. That's what people used to think when AC was a Crown Corporation. But times have changed. AC has to change with them.

How do you define ethics?

Or by ethics do you mean that they owe you a living no matter how the airline environment changes.

Dagger Dagger Dagger, Air Canada does NOT owe anyone a living, if your under the impression that Travel Agents only survive selling Air Canada your far mistaken. You don't make money in the retail travel biz selling an airline ticket, its in the tours and package and services.

Now dagger sit down.

Air Canada is not the end all be all to the travel agents of the world. Sorry I had to be so blunt and break this to you, have a decafe and a bran muffin and try not to get too upset, I'm sure your beloved (almost scarry) fixation with AC will survive without a few more travel agent sales. After all AC wants the publics direct booking on line. So what if 50% of your sales come from the travel agent community.

Somehow I think your definition of ethics is below that of mine. I base this statement on the way you react to most posts that do not agree with your way of thinking. Your onesided point of view that Air Canada can do no wrong to its suppliers, agents and staff totally unethical.

I understand Air Canada's concerns about industry distribution costs, but travel agents have similar concerns about their own costs in selling and servicing Air Canada's product line. Some agents may choose not to sell the whole Air Canada product line.

Dagger Dagger Dagger, Air Canada does NOT owe anyone a living, if your under the impression that Travel Agents only survive selling Air Canada your far mistaken.  You don't make money in the retail travel biz selling an airline ticket, its in the tours and package and services. 

Now dagger sit down.

Air Canada is not the end all be all to the travel agents of the world.  Sorry I had to be so blunt and break this to you, have a decafe and a bran muffin and try not to get too upset, I'm sure your beloved (almost scarry) fixation with AC will survive without a few more travel agent sales. After all AC wants the publics direct booking on line. So what if 50% of your sales come from the travel agent community.

Somehow I think your definition of ethics is below that of mine.  I base this statement on the way you react to most posts that do not agree with your way of thinking.  Your onesided point of view that Air Canada can do no wrong to its suppliers, agents and staff totally unethical.

I understand Air Canada's concerns about industry distribution costs, but travel agents have similar concerns about their own costs in selling and servicing Air Canada's product line.  Some agents may choose not to sell the whole Air Canada product line. 

I'm going to give you the million-dollar macro analysis because you're such a sweet guy. In 10 seconds, you will know more about the fate of GDS systems than most of your peers.

I don't see AC's action as isolated, or poorly thought out. I think we're going to see a denoument whereby the airline industry, in very short order, moves to situation where the GDS systems:

a ) lower their transactional fees

b ) airlines stop paying them and require travel agents to pass them on to consumers as part of increased fees.

Whether this happens in six months or a year or six years I cannot say, but that's the logical direction this is taking, and it's no accident that this conflict between AC and Sabre has escalated as dramatically as it has. Tango is just the battlefield where the latest skirmish is being fought. If Sabre is launching an aggressive counter-attack, it's because it knows that defeat here will percipitate a major paradigm shift. It also knows that it has to get AC back to the table because if it doesn't, other airlines will start de-listing fares from the GDS and making them airline-web only, which enhances the value of carrier websites to the detriment of GDS-based systems.

I don't believe that this dispute takes us right to the end game I elaborated above, but it will take us further to that goal. Nobody has said so, but I expect the situation to escalate further. Sabre never would have taken public action if it hadn't threatened these actions privately first. So it didn't come as a surprise to AC. It would also be a mistake to think that other airlines don't care about the level of GDS fees they are paying.

Got this from a fellow agent. Thought some of you may like this.

Tired of the tango????

May we have the next dance??????

Why travel agents book WestJet

WestJet pays commission

I can book all published booking classes via the GDS and westjet.com/agentweblink -- and still get commission!

I can view all published inventory in the GDS

WestJet treats me like a person

WestJet has the lowest fares for North American travel

Your clients can collect Airmiles.

WestJet periodically offers AIR MILES promotions for travel agents

Your clients bags travel with them.

Westjet does not oversell flights.

Free inflight Bell express view tv.

Leather seats, not torn or saggy as on other carriers.

Sincere, friendly service from all staff.

The newest fleet in North america

Respect

Got this from a fellow agent.  Thought some of you may like this.

Tired of the tango????

May we have the next dance??????

Why travel agents book WestJet

WestJet pays commission

I can book all published booking classes via the GDS and westjet.com/agentweblink -- and still get commission!

I can view all published inventory in the GDS

WestJet treats me like a person

WestJet has the lowest fares for North American travel

Your  clients can collect Airmiles.

WestJet periodically offers AIR MILES promotions for travel agents

Your clients bags travel with them.

Westjet does not oversell flights.

Free inflight Bell express view tv.

Leather seats, not torn or saggy as on other carriers.

Sincere, friendly service from all staff.

The newest fleet in North america

Respect

You mean you weren't spreading this baloney already?

Anyway, if you think it's just AC you have news coming...

http://www.staralliance.com/star_alliance/...me/main_10.html

Star Alliance member carriers seek legal and regulatory clarification on proposed content sharing by GDS ACAP project to continue

FRANKFURT, GERMANY – May 3rd, 2006 – The Star Alliance member carriers are seeking both legal and regulatory clarification on the recently announced content sharing deal between two of the world's four largest Global Distribution Systems (GDS), Amadeus and Sabre.

Commenting on the proposed content sharing, Jaan Albrecht, Star Alliance CEO said: "We are surprised that two GDS are allowed to co-operate in such a manner in a market which already lacks any real competition. We fully support our members in seeking legal and regulatory advice as well as clarification of the practical implications of this announcement and continue to press ahead with our already commenced ACAP project."

As one of the alliance's major cost-down initiatives, the ACAP (Alternative Content Access Platform) project is aimed at cutting the more than 2 billion US Dollars which the 18 member carriers spend annual on GDS fees. Star Alliance has currently signed up three vendors – G2 Switchworks, ITA Software and Lufthansa Systems – who are presently developing the new systems.

It's Armageddon between the airlines and the GDS systems. Don't expect WS to pay those userous fees when the other airlines have bolted.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

You mean you weren't spreading this baloney already?

Anyway, if you think it's just AC you have news coming...

http://www.staralliance.com/star_alliance/...me/main_10.html

Star Alliance member carriers seek legal and regulatory clarification on proposed content sharing by GDS ACAP project to continue

FRANKFURT, GERMANY – May 3rd, 2006 – The Star Alliance member carriers are seeking both legal and regulatory clarification on the recently announced content sharing deal between two of the world's four largest Global Distribution Systems (GDS), Amadeus and Sabre.

Commenting on the proposed content sharing, Jaan Albrecht, Star Alliance CEO said: "We are surprised that two GDS are allowed to co-operate in such a manner in a market which already lacks any real competition. We fully support our members in seeking legal and regulatory advice as well as clarification of the practical implications of this announcement and continue to press ahead with our already commenced ACAP project."

As one of the alliance's major cost-down initiatives, the ACAP (Alternative Content Access Platform) project is aimed at cutting the more than 2 billion US Dollars which the 18 member carriers spend annual on GDS fees. Star Alliance has currently signed up three vendors – G2 Switchworks, ITA Software and Lufthansa Systems – who are presently developing the new systems.

It's Armageddon between the airlines and the GDS systems. Don't expect WS to pay those userous fees when the other airlines have bolted.

laugh.gif  laugh.gif

"You mean you weren't spreading this baloney already?"

Thats right start with a slag, So true to the daggy form.. Iits getting harder to give you any credibility when you slag instead of debate.

"Star Alliance member carriers seek legal and regulatory clarification on proposed content sharing by GDS "

So they are seeking legal advice instead of just pulling out as AC did. A much smarter move I think.

"Don't expect WS to pay those userous fees when the other airlines have bolted"

Who knows what they will do, do you now have insider friends at WestJet??

FYI daggy most agents book WestJet on their Website where all their fares are available, very few book WestJet in their gds.

I suggest you stick to topics your more familiar with.

"

FYI daggy  most agents book WestJet on their Website where all their fares are available, very few book WestJet in their gds.

Well that's confusing. If most agents book Westjet on their website where all their fares are available then why don't most agents book AC on their website where I assume all of their fares are available?

Am I miss-understanding something? Is there some fee difference or something?

Well that's confusing. If most agents book Westjet on their website where all their fares are available then why don't most agents book AC on their website where I assume all of their fares are available?

Am I miss-understanding something? Is there some fee difference or something?

Air Canada has removed their lowest *tango* fares from thier travel agent website and the gds system last week with no warning.

Guest Touchdown

Rockyc....

Grab some popcorn...pull up a chair, this has been an entertaining bun fight between Dagger and Manwest.....You just don't get this entertainment value on cable I can tell you !

Cheers Touchdown

Guest rattler
Air Canada has removed their lowest *tango* fares from thier travel agent website and the gds system last week with no warning.

Just curious. Does AC pay commission on tango fares? Re the lowest now missing, I see from their site that the difference is small, using YYZ as an example the difference is $30.00. Do you or did you get much call for these fares?

Re customer satisfaction (your customer that is). Using May 17th as an example the lowest YVR-YYZ Westjet fare - nonstop flights is 334 (to a high of 369) and the Tango fare that I guess you can sell - also non stop (second bracket on the AC public site) range from 364.00 to a high of 451.00. So no matter what if your customer is / was searching for a low fare then Westjet will win with the new restriction placed on your sales. (the AC lowest range from 334 to 421). The factor that would allow AC to win the passenger is not price but frequency. AC offers 14 non stop flights that day vs Westjet's 5.

So I guess if your customer is only shopping for the best price then you would be booking them on Westjet but if the customer is seeking a certain time slot (nonstop flight) then I guess you give them both carriers frequencies and prices and allow them to made a choice?

Just curious. Does AC pay commission on tango fares? Re the lowest now missing, I see from their site that the difference is small, using YYZ as an example the difference is $30.00. Do you or did you get much call for these fares?

Re customer satisfaction (your customer that is). Using May 17th as an example the lowest YVR-YYZ Westjet fare - nonstop flights is 334 (to a high of 369) and the Tango fare that I guess you can sell - also non stop (second bracket on the AC public site) range from 364.00 to a high of 451.00. So no matter what if your customer is / was searching for a low fare then Westjet will win with the new restriction placed on your sales. (the AC lowest range from 334 to 421). The factor that would allow AC to win the passenger is not price but frequency. AC offers 14 non stop flights that day vs Westjet's 5.

So I guess if your customer is only shopping for the best price then you would be booking them on Westjet but if the customer is seeking a certain time slot (nonstop flight) then I guess you give them both carriers frequencies and prices and allow them to made a choice?

Air Canada does not pay commission on any fare level, unless they feel there is a problem with a certain route and offer commission for a certain period of time on the problem/hard to fill flights.

I give the customers the lowest fare on the AC agent website and the WestJet site, they are then informed that the service fee is XXX on WestJet and XXX on AC. If they choose to go elsewhere or book on thier own so be it, they are also informed that Air Canada usually bumps tango fare passengers first, even if they have prepaid for seat slection, also depending on aircraft type their bags may travel on another flight. Going for the airline with the lowest fare was created by the airlines, they now have to live with it.

Press Release

Travel Industry Calls On Air Canada To Roll Back Its Surprise Anti-Consumer Tango Fare

The Association of Canadian Travel Agencies, the Canadian Corporate Travel Association (CCTA), the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA), and the Business Travel Coalition (BTC), have jointly called on Air Canada to immediately roll back actions it took - without any advance notice - to pull out of the travel agency channel its lowest and most popular fares for Canadian travellers.

Before the start of the business day May 2nd, Air Canada completely stopped selling its Tango fares via Canadian travel agencies and the GDSs that travel agencies use to find flights and fares. These fares represent roughly 20% of all tickets used by Canadians and are often the lowest fares available for a consumer’s trip.

Christiane Théberge, Vice President Public Affairs of ACTA, said that, "Travel agencies, which sell roughly 75% of Air Canada’s tickets, received no warning whatsoever of this drastic action. Instead, thousands of travel agents arrived at work on Tuesday morning to learn that overnight Air Canada had blocked them from helping a large sector of the traveling public. This unfortunate and radical move by Air Canada, in a market where it is the dominant carrier, demonstrates a stunning disregard for the interests of travel agencies and the consumers they serve," she said.

Lyell Farquharson, spokesperson for CCTA added the following statement, "We in the industry and our clients continue to be amazed at Air Canada's ability to further complicate an industry that is difficult to understand at the best of times. Prices and availability change instantly, fare rules, taxes, surcharges change daily and again Air Canada is changing their distribution strategy without warning or better consultation. This leaves the traveler frustrated and confused. The Travel Management Companies have invested millions to bring all these variables together to develop travel programs for Corporate Canada. Air Canada continues to not understand that our clients want a simpler value equation, low fares and simpler processes not more complicated. Air Canada's attempts to keep the low fare options away from Corporate Canada only results in more problems for Air Canada. The World has changed and Air Canada says so have they, what they do not seem to be able to grasp is how to change and keep their customers needs a top priority".

Kathy Sudeikis, President of ASTA, said, "We are disappointed that Air Canada has chosen to limit consumer choices by withdrawing lowest fare inventory in some markets and to impose inefficiencies on both travel agencies and consumers by making it difficult to find, book and manage the airline’s lowest fare options. We are especially troubled by the lack of communication with travel agents and customers."

Kevin Mitchell, Chairman of the Business Travel Coalition added, "Air Canada’s public rationale for taking this action –that ‘GDS limitations’ forced it to stop selling on Tuesday fares the GDSs had sold for years -- is a smokescreen. These fares were fully available in the GDSs on May 1, and they could have remained in the GDSs had Air Canada not taken this unilateral step on May 2. Air Canada’s obvious desire is to turn their backs on the very travel agencies who sell so large a share of their seats and on corporations who depend every day on these agencies’ services."

ACTA, CCTA, ASTA and BTC called on Air Canada to immediately reverse this misguided, anti-consumer move and to once again put these important fares back into the systems that travel agencies use to serve their customers in an efficient and cost-effective way.

Press Release

Travel Industry Calls On Air Canada To Roll Back Its Surprise Anti-Consumer Tango Fare

The Association of Canadian Travel Agencies, the Canadian Corporate Travel Association (CCTA), the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA), and the Business Travel Coalition (BTC), have jointly called on Air Canada to immediately roll back actions it took - without any advance notice - to pull out of the travel agency channel its lowest and most popular fares for Canadian travellers.

Before the start of the business day May 2nd, Air Canada completely stopped selling its Tango fares via Canadian travel agencies and the GDSs that travel agencies use to find flights and fares. These fares represent roughly 20% of all tickets used by Canadians and are often the lowest fares available for a consumer’s trip.

Christiane Théberge, Vice President Public Affairs of ACTA, said that, "Travel agencies, which sell roughly 75% of Air Canada’s tickets, received no warning whatsoever of this drastic action. Instead, thousands of travel agents arrived at work on Tuesday morning to learn that overnight Air Canada had blocked them from helping a large sector of the traveling public. This unfortunate and radical move by Air Canada, in a market where it is the dominant carrier, demonstrates a stunning disregard for the interests of travel agencies and the consumers they serve," she said.

Lyell Farquharson, spokesperson for CCTA added the following statement, "We in the industry and our clients continue to be amazed at Air Canada's ability to further complicate an industry that is difficult to understand at the best of times. Prices and availability change instantly, fare rules, taxes, surcharges change daily and again Air Canada is changing their distribution strategy without warning or better consultation. This leaves the traveler frustrated and confused. The Travel Management Companies have invested millions to bring all these variables together to develop travel programs for Corporate Canada. Air Canada continues to not understand that our clients want a simpler value equation, low fares and simpler processes not more complicated. Air Canada's attempts to keep the low fare options away from Corporate Canada only results in more problems for Air Canada. The World has changed and Air Canada says so have they, what they do not seem to be able to grasp is how to change and keep their customers needs a top priority".

Kathy Sudeikis, President of ASTA, said, "We are disappointed that Air Canada has chosen to limit consumer choices by withdrawing lowest fare inventory in some markets and to impose inefficiencies on both travel agencies and consumers by making it difficult to find, book and manage the airline’s lowest fare options. We are especially troubled by the lack of communication with travel agents and customers."

Kevin Mitchell, Chairman of the Business Travel Coalition added, "Air Canada’s public rationale for taking this action –that ‘GDS limitations’ forced it to stop selling on Tuesday fares the GDSs had sold for years -- is a smokescreen. These fares were fully available in the GDSs on May 1, and they could have remained in the GDSs had Air Canada not taken this unilateral step on May 2. Air Canada’s obvious desire is to turn their backs on the very travel agencies who sell so large a share of their seats and on corporations who depend every day on these agencies’ services."

ACTA, CCTA, ASTA and BTC called on Air Canada to immediately reverse this misguided, anti-consumer move and to once again put these important fares back into the systems that travel agencies use to serve their customers in an efficient and cost-effective way.

Unless there's a material change in bookings and therefore, to ACE's bottomline, you can be sure this will not be rolled back.

Agents are in complete control of this situation. If they speak and act as a group, as they claim, and book away from AC, AC will revert. If they whine, but continue to book AC in any case, why would ACE change?

cool.gif

From Ivannagabalot:

May 9, 2006

Excuse me, dahrlings, but…

Ding! Round Three

Feels more like disco duck than tango on the tarmac, eh Pumpkins? How’s your respect for Air Canada these days? Don’t answer that - this is a family channel.

You gotta hand it to Sabre, though -- they ain’t afraid of no flying maple leaf. No siree. Downgraded AC displays the very next morning. And now they’ve removed C, J and Y fares from many of the world’s screens.

But this latest one-two punch hasn’t fazed Air Canada, yet. Although, to be fair, no one really knows what they’re feeling. They’re hiding. (Another cleverly designed thumb nosing tactic.Or perhaps just cowardice.) Either way, who are their PR people? Don King & Co.? “OK, Montie (or, as our colleagues like to call him, Mountie), keep your head down and come out punching.” Great market positioning. Next time AC goes rifling through garbage cans, they may want to keep an eye out for their image.

I suggest you take a ring-side seat and watch the fireworks. It's far from over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cool26.gifbiggrin.gifcool26.gif

Possibly shut down Destina.ca in anticipation of this dust-up?

Travel Agents Give Decision by Air Canada a Rough Ride

LIMITS FARE AVAILABILITY

By Chris Sorensen

Financial Post

May 09, 2006

Travel agents in Canada and the United States are condemning a recent decision by Air Canada to yank one of its most popular fare products from third-party computer distribution systems, used by agents around the world to book flights.

Four separate travel agency associations, representing thousands of agents in North America, yesterday called on Air Canada to reverse an abrupt decision made last week to make its discounted Tango fares available only through its consumer Web site.

“What Air Canada is trying to do is drive more people to the Web,” said Karl Moore, a business professor at McGill University. “That makes Air Canada’s business more profitable, but it’s putting an additional squeeze on travel agents.”

Air Canada, a division of ACE Aviation Holdings Inc., said the change was necessary because the global distribution systems used by travel agents are not equipped to offer some of Air Canada’s more “innovative” pricing mechanisms, which include things such as charging extra for advance seat selection or giving discounts to flyers who don’t check in luggage.

The move comes as traditional airlines search for more cost-effective ways to deliver their services. Air Canada is touted as one of the most innovative legacy carriers in this area, but the dust-up over its Tango fare decision suggests it may be moving too quickly for many in the industry.

“It’s not good practice for the relationship between airlines and travel agents, nor is it good for the consumer to have their choices limited in this way,” said Paul Ruden, the senior vice-president of legal and industry affairs for the American Society of Travel Agents. “We don’t know what point Air Canada is trying to make here.”

Air Canada’s move will have a limited impact in the United States, where few of its Tango fares are offered, but Mr. Ruden said travel agents are worried other airlines will decide to follow Air Canada’s lead by making more of their airfares available exclusively online.

Similarly, the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies said the move demonstrates a “stunning disregard” for travel agents, which it says sells “roughly 75%” of Air Canada’s tickets.

Air Canada’s decision has also landed it in hot water with a division of Sabre Holdings Corp., one of four global distribution systems that Air Canada uses to sell its tickets worldwide. Sabre, which reportedly refused to pay for the development costs necessary to sell Air Canada’s discount fares through its network, reacted to Air Canada’s move by “de-preferencing” the airline’s high-end fares in its computer systems, creating the possibility that Air Canada will lose out on bookings.

“There are some actions that have been taken in response,” Kathryn Hayden, a Sabre spokeswoman, said yesterday.

Bruce Bishins, the president of the Canadian Standard Travel Agent Registry, said the pressure being applied by Sabre could have negative repercussions for the airline. “This could certainly hurt Air Canada in any area of the world where their Web presence is not robust.”

csorensen@nationalpost.com

Guest rattler
Air Canada does not pay commission on any fare level, unless they feel there is a problem with a certain route and offer commission for a certain period of time on the problem/hard to fill flights.

I give the customers the lowest fare on the AC agent website and the WestJet site, they are then informed that the service fee is XXX on WestJet and XXX on AC. If they choose to go elsewhere or book on thier own so be it, they are also informed that Air Canada usually bumps tango fare passengers first, even if they have prepaid for seat slection, also depending on aircraft type their bags may travel on another flight. Going for the airline with the lowest fare was created by the airlines, they now have to live with it.

So I guess you do, if the customer requests a flight at a specific time of day, continue to offer both airlines in the interests of providing your customer with the additional service that a travel agency can offer over an airline?

Here's the situation from the carrier perspective

Sabre, Amadeus and Galileo function as a GDS oligopoly. They raise their fees to the carrier without rationale, justification or reason, and the rate of increases - 10% by one GDS last year - had no correlation with costs.

The big 3 GDS systems collude. Sabre and Amadeus have an agreement to list any information in their system that the other decides to drop. So, if AC's Tango fares were delisted, Amadeus would continue to show them and agents would have that assurance. Not only has Star Alliance objected to this monopolistic behaviour - can you imagine the public outcry if two airlines colluded to fix fares? - but AA, which created Sabre, has also lambasted both Sabre and Amadeus for this collusion.

The airlines are expected to pay what they are told, but the GDS systems do not invest to make it possible to add features the airlines would like, like AC's Go discount. In essence, the intrangigence of the GDS providers means the airlines can't be creative and market passes or optional discounts like Go through the GDS.

That's why Star is developing its own GDS-like portal. It would lower costs to the airline and enable them to offer new and creative products.

So on the one side you have the GDS oligopoly protecting its profits and the agent community posturing to save the fees and commissions. On the other, you have the airlines trying to change the way they price and sell their product.

First of all you forgot to mention Worldspan, another gds supplier.

Do you have proof that you can post here that all gds colluded??? Thats almost as pathetic as saying UA and AC collude to sell their seats on the YYC DEN run at a set rate, that they both decided apon, with no written proof.

If you have wriiten proof I would love to see it, or post the link where you found this info, otherwise its just heresay or made up in your mind.

Who told you the airlines are expected to pay what they are told? What sane business pays a verbal bill for a service, does not AC have a contract with Sabre and the other gds???? ohmy.gif

The situation from which carrier perspective? I know you are not employed in the aviation business so where would you get this information from, more secret meeting with friends at *the airline*.???? Spin doctoring???

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

gong

Dagger's not the only one doing the spin doctoring. It's not as if your an impartial observer in this.

Cargo Agent, if you reread the thread from the start, I don't personally have a problem losing the tango fare, couldn't care less. What I care about is the lack of repect in the way Air Canada handled the situation.

What I care about is the lack of repect in the way Air Canada handled the situation.

1) Where is the slight that Air Canada has performed (i.e. where was the obligation to inform the TA community prior to pulling the Tango fares)? Could you elaborate on this slight.

2) What should have Air Canada done to properly handle the situation? Would a better actions have a material impact on the current situation (i.e. while AC could have issued a PR the day/week before, would prior notice have altered TA attitudes towards the situation)?

As I have stated in the other forum, I like this action as it results in my company not sticking me into a Tango fare because the corporate TA thinks its the best option (I book T+ for personal travel). In the last 2 days, my company has confirmed T+ is an acceptable lowest fare, so we don't have to Tango for seats and get status miles.

Archived