Jumbolina AME wanted...

conehead

Job Advertisement

Advertisement number: 932722

Title: Aircraft maintenance engineer (ame), mechanical systems (BAE 146) (NOC: 7315)

Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, On Call, Shift, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Evening

Salary: To be negotiated

Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible

Skill Requirements:

Education: Completion of high school, Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training

Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Aircraft Mechanic Trade Certification, CAMC Aviation Maintenance Technician Registered Certification

Experience: 3 - 5 years

Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English

Main Work Activity: Technician

Mechanical Maintenance Experience: Aircraft maintenance - general, Turbine engines, Propulsion - dynamic components

Structural Repair Experience: Aircraft structures - general, Aircraft sheet metal structures, Aircraft composite structures

Aviation Special Processes: Chrome/cadmium plating

Type of Aircraft Experience - Airplanes: Small jet airplanes

Work Setting / Industry Experience: Repair and overhaul facility

Aircraft Mechanic Skills: Visually inspect / assess and assist repairs to aircraft structures, systems and equipment, Remove/install and functionally test aircraft components, Dismantle aircraft systems for repair and overhaul, and reassemble, Assemble and rig aircraft control systems, Diagnostically troubleshoot aircraft defects and carry out corrective action, Complete records of work done and sustain an accurate record system

Aircraft Inspector Skills: Certify that aircraft systems meet Transport Canada and company standards, Inspect work of aircraft mechanics to ensure adherence to standards

Additional Skills: Interpret blueprints/specifications/standards and written technical instructions

Essential Skills: Reading text, Document use, Numeracy, Writing, Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Significant use of memory, Finding information, Computer use, Continuous learning

Other Information: Must be willing to Relocate to the East Coast. certified in BAE 146 aircraft

Employer: Halliwell Consulting (Placement Agency)

How to Apply: Contact Name: Jamie Kilbride

By Fax: (866) 569-8215

By E-mail: jamie@halliwellconsulting.com

Business Profile: Recruitment Firm

Web Site: www.halliwellconsulting.com

Advertised until: 2004/08/24

This job advertisement has been provided by an employer external to HRDC. HRDC is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency and the reliability of the content.

Guest R64L977

Hmmm..wonder who would be pushing 146's around down east other than Jazz..?

Never worked on them but they are an attractive little jet. Someone once told me they are

a bit underpowered though, and the cabin interior noise is a bit loud?

Don't know of anyone else operating the 146s - they are a great little plane from a FA perspective - good size galleys - especially the Config. 2 with one forward and one aft. Don't seem to really have increased cabin interior noise - and I have been working on them for 10 years - you have to understand my only other comparison is a Dash 8 and compared to that, anything else purrs! smile.gifwink.gif

Will be interesting to see if they are Jazz's 146s moving on to someone else (we are supposed to be retiring them starting next month I think). I will miss them!

Archived