Teplitsky

Seeker

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't this supposed to have something to do with seniority? You sure wouldn't know it from this report?

The pilot seniority issue and the disagreement over cost certainty huh.gif on the 777/787 purchase were split up with the binding arbitration decision in September.

AC has the cost certainty and OAC still doesn't have their wish of another kick at the seniority cat. Actually, from the cheap seats it looks like all that the OAC boys have accomplished is to neuter the whole pilot group from voting down more consessions from being introduced. Thanks OAC, you guys did a great job for the shareholders by reducing costs. Hope Milton can pass out larger dividend cheques at the AGM. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Wasn't this supposed to have something to do with seniority? You sure wouldn't know it from this report?

Well that's not the way I understood it. The issues were split into two parts:

Part 1 - the 777/787 order and the Pilot agreements sought by AC to fly them. I believe ACPA Executive and AC came to some agreement on this which was put to a vote. The vote failed to pass. Part 1-B then came forward to settle the issues through binding arbitration. That seems to have taken place.

Part 2 - a somewhat wierdly structured second (or is it third, fourth, or fifth?) re-look at Pilot senority issues.

I didn't see anything that indicated that solutions to Part 2 were required before solutions to Part 1 came about. Isn't that why it was split into two parts in the first place?

Well that's not the way I understood it. The issues were split into two parts:

Part 1 - the 777/787 order and the Pilot agreements sought by AC to fly them. I believe ACPA Executive and AC came to some agreement on this which was put to a vote. The vote failed to pass. Part 1-B then came forward to settle the issues through binding arbitration. That seems to have taken place.

Part 2 - a somewhat wierdly structured second (or is it third, fourth, or fifth?) re-look at Pilot senority issues.

I didn't see anything that indicated that solutions to Part 2 were required before solutions to Part 1 came about. Isn't that why it was split into two parts in the first place?

Probably a good analysis

There may be two more meetings wrt seniority with Teplitsky.  His target date is the 15 th for release.

Given all I've read here in the past two years I think God him (or her) self could come down and give a final binding decision and it wouldn't make a whit of difference. Hard core groups would still rail, wail and moan about it until death catches up.

Even then I expect pamphlets have already been printed to hand out at various wakes and memorial services detailing chapter and verse on how "we was robbed, back-stabbed and double-dealt".

There may be two more meetings wrt seniority with Teplitsky. His target date is the 15 th for release.

My prediction is his report will be accepted reluctantly by the MAJORITY of the pilot group and this puppy will most likely be put to bed....finally! The CIRB will be more than happy to give their blessing and say goodbye to all those annoying airline pilots. tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Probably when ACAP places another full page ad to explain why they are crying the blues.

Rumour was they would be assessing each OCP an extra $1000 so they could sue AC & ACPA if anything got changed.

I'm afraid the ending to this song has yet to be written.

The ex-CAIL Component of CUPE has been begging their old members for money for years now too. Not sure what they're up to, but I know they're watching these proceedings quite closely. Funny thing is, the board seems to think Burkett's decision was probably as close to "fair" as you can get when merging two groups whose hiring patterns were so divergent, so I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish. DOH is a no-go, so........... blink.gif

Definitely a solution that everybody dislikes.

That means it is the most reasonable solution for everyone. As I have said for a long time... the best solution will be the one where EVERYONE has to hold their nose.

Doesn't sound too much like you and Jaydee are holding your noses. I drop 15% on system seniority, and I'm just over 50 numbers ahead of where Mitchnick stuck me (a list that even most of you held up as being overly punishing). From where I sit, this is Mitchnick with a cat toy to distract me.

I hope the CIRB puts this piece of crap where it belongs: in the dumper.

mad.gif

Doesn't sound too much like you and Jaydee are holding your noses. I drop 15% on system seniority, and I'm just over 50 numbers ahead of where Mitchnick stuck me (a list that even most of you held up as being overly punishing). From where I sit, this is Mitchnick with a cat toy to distract me.

I hope the CIRB puts this piece of crap where it belongs: in the dumper.

mad.gif

15 % from where Buzz ??

DOH ?? Mitchnick ??, or Keller, which Mr T. has commented he cannot understand where Keller was coming from.

Guest long keel

This revised Keller award puts me at the same relative senority as I held 7 years ago.

Am I pleased, no. sad.gif

Will I vote to accept this and move on, yes. blink.gif

I can live with this, and I'm burned out on the infighting. This is miles better than the Keller original award, but it is a far cry from Decision 183 which is what all parties had originally agreed to. In the interest of moving on I'll take the losses, and hope to hell all others will as well. I am willing to move on with award, not smiling but willing.

An award that everyone hates is as close to fair as we will find imho. This may be that award. Bravo Mr. T. You made a bad situation tolerable, nobody could expect much more.

Guest Kilo Mike

Get over yourself Buzz.

It's no where near the Mitchnik list, and it's a far cry from D183. You want to vent ?? ... Fine .. Go for it.

The bottom line is it splits Mitchnik and Keller and get's pretty darn close to putting folks in their per-merger relative seniority.

No winners , or losers right?

Archived