Missing A/C

Pulled from Avcanada - looks like a King Air 200 on a VFR ferry flight from YVR to Smithers has gone missing. No ELT, no calls.......

Here's hoping they found a nice long field to land in....

This gives me the shivers everytime I read about something like this....

"The plane was carrying no passengers or freight when it left Vancouver on Thursday morning."

This is a sad recounting. Thankfully no others perished. Why do these types of accidents continue to happen? I extend my deepest sympathies to the families of the pilots...

To those anxious to take their places: SITUATIONAL AWARENESS.

Live by it, or die by it.

This kind of grief should not be continuing to occur...

What can be done?

Guest woxof

"To those anxious to take their places: SITUATIONAL AWARENESS.

What can be done?"

I think things are being done and improving. Remember how frequently there used to be jet airliner crashes. When was the last one? Aside from the third world, it seems so rare these days and I think a big reason is TAWS. Now they are even available at a reasonable price for small aircraft. I believe all turbine powered aircraft with 6 seats or more in the U.S. must have them.CFIT is on the decrease, and accident rates are decreasing. GA accident rates in the U.S. at least are at record lows. Hopefully this trend will continue.

Remember how frequently there used to be jet airliner crashes. When was the last one? Aside from the third world, it seems so rare these days and I think a big reason is TAWS.

Where are you getting your historical data from when you imply that there have been a lot of airline accidents in the past. I think that you are applying some time compression to accident history. Without data it is only a point of view. I would be interested to see if your view is supportable though.

Archived